Is Tisas a good 1911 option?

seagiant

Well-Known Fanatic
Having been stationed in Turkey twice I have some idea of what great people they are... when I look at a Tisas I am always in awe of what a 11 year old Turkish kid can do with a couple of blocks of steel and a file... Very talented people ;)

FWIW

Chuck
Hi,
Not hardly! LOL!

Maybe you were in Pakistan???

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Pretty good video out by 1911 Syndicate on Tisas Duty, these guys, well more the left handed guy(Jake)are high end 1911, 2011 admirers/owners, their video on best 1911 under 2000 bucks is the Springfield TRP, my Bul Armory(750.00)9mm 5" to me is just about as good as it gets function wise fitment not bad either but I doubt they even know about the single stack Buls, I'm sure they do the 2011 style, anyway guy named Jake just amazed by how good it is for the money, brags about how good it is again in their latest video released last Friday titled 5 types of 1911's everyone needs

Newtire

Fanatic
For the money, obviously, is Tisas a decent starter 1911? I see a Tanker in stock online $450?
Here it is. 10 years later. I have 2 of the Tisas 1911's and looks like Tisas must have been paying attention to complaints as the ones I have are pretty much great pistols. I bought my first RIA and will let you know later on it. I also just picked up my first Fusion in 9mm. Adjustable sights and all. Got some 9mm loases up for it and will have to see after today. The Tisas has been 100% reliable except for 1 magazine i picked up somewhere so I won't count that. I would recommend the Tisas to anyone. The others, will have to wait and see.

50GI-Jess

Fanatic
I got the basic GI style goverment 1911A1. In my opinion the best Colt clone.
It looks, feels and sounds like the original WWII 1911's.
I got lucky with mine. The tiny GI style sights are dead on with both 200 SWC and 230 FMJ at 25 yds. Impressive accuracy hitting my plate rack at 50 yds. The triggerpull is 3,5 lbs. with a slight roll off.
Never had any malfunctions in the first 200 rds. Even so, I did a reliability package on it anyway. Ramp, throat, chamber and extractor tuning/polishing.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I've chimed in here before about my Tisas Stingray. Can't say enough about this gun. It is an unbelievable bargain. This is one of the best shooting 1911's I've ever had, and I've gone through a lot of them. It eats ANYTHING I feed it, without problems of any kind. Thinking about upgrading the sights, my eyes need a little help once in a while, but the factory ones are very acceptable. At about 600 rds. so far, will run it up to 1000 in the next week or so.
I should mention that I am stacking this thing up against the likes of Wilson, Springfield, Colt, Remington, Ruger, and Kimber 1911's. It ain't gettin' a free ride from me.
Stingray 5x7w.jpg

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I've chimed in here before about my Tisas Stingray. Can't say enough about this gun. It is an unbelievable bargain. This is one of the best shooting 1911's I've ever had, and I've gone through a lot of them. It eats ANYTHING I feed it, without problems of any kind. Thinking about upgrading the sights, my eyes need a little help once in a while, but the factory ones are very acceptable. At about 600 rds. so far, will run it up to 1000 in the next week or so.
I should mention that I am stacking this thing up against the likes of Wilson, Springfield, Colt, Remington, Ruger, and Kimber 1911's. It ain't gettin' a free ride from me.
View attachment 33457
That is a great looking gun

Firestorm3511

Fanatic
View attachment 33457
That Stingray is beautiful.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
..." I would place the Bul Armory unit up against any very high quality 1911."
I Agree ...my Bul is one of my favorites. That's saying a lot, since I've owned about 20 1911s, & the only other unmodified 1911
that is comparable is my older Dan Wesson CBOB.

Newtire

Fanatic
It's Turkish. They have decent coffee
Me not knowing full well either, I'd probly do the safer bet for a budget 1911 and look at RIA?
RIA is made in the Philippines and Tisas Turkey. I have both companies' match versions of 1911 pistols. The RIA was only recently purchased. I had a lower opinion of the RIA (due to the lower online reviews only) until I actually took it out to the range. The RIA match version was actually just under $500 but shot as well as the higher priced Tisas. The adjustable sights come on both so you be the judge. I have had zero malfunctions with both brands. So far, the RIA has less than 500 rounds thru it and the Tisas has over 1000. Really enjoy shooting both pistols. Both of my pistols are in .45acp. I don't see going wrong with either of them so far.