Making sport of arguing with strangers on the internet...

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Sitting her drinking coffee while contemplating life's conundrums.

Do I look forward to happy hour because of libations? ... or because that's about the time forum activity picks up across the innertoobz.
I just starting checking my PMs to make sure I hadn't caused any more trouble.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
During the 2012 election season I'd stay up so late on political forums I'd have to go back the next day and re-read what I had posted to be sure I didn't need to be in a witness protection program.
I've had a couple forum members talk to me about what's going on lately. They know me well and know I don't mean any harm. Now I'm beginning to think I don't understand life or what people are thinking on the forums. Maybe I need to just bow out for a while and focus on me and my projects?

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
Ignore the idiots. Carry on. Enjoy the good stuff on forums.

Take joy in the fact that they know you are ignoring them and nothing angers online trolls more than being ignored.

internet_troll_0.jpg

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had a couple forum members talk to me about what's going on lately. They know me well and know I don't mean any harm. Now I'm beginning to think I don't understand life or what people are thinking on the forums. Maybe I need to just bow out for a while and focus on me and my projects?
I have taken breaks from time to time, but typically from particular forum/s where the chemistry just got hostile, or weird, or I just determined it was bringing out some side of me that I found to be "less than optimal".

Some of my closest friends in recent years are people I met on forums who happened to be local to me and shared some of my interests in the shooting sports, and performance vehicles. This is usually less so with forums that tend to be national, or even international in scope than with some local firearms forums that were particular to the Carolinas where I'm located.

Even then the dynamics would sometimes go off the rails and I'd take a break, if not start another forum. My next venture I want to be the "He Man Woman Haters Club". No offense to the womyns, but I was born 150 years too late. :p

$(KGrHqIOKjYE5qmUm627BOgLToVOJw~~60_35.JPG

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Meh......one should come here to relax and enjoy friendship, not biOtch, whine and complain about others.

If ya have that thinnof skin, or no sense of humor, ya done have any reason being here. Most I know here would bend over backwards to help ANYONE here out, even the trolls.

Last edited:

deadguy

Active Fanatic
My belief is that if something that happens on the internet, particularly in forums, starts to consume my thoughts when away from it, I should stay out of it a while.

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
That thread turned into train wreck. It's shame there are always about a dozen or so people who love to dominate gun forums and impart their "wisdom." They never let facts stand in their way. The video that started the thread was great. Again, however, the "ignore" function is so wonderful. Click and they disappear and it drives them absolutely nuts. The fact that many are grown men, older men, behaving like junior high girls in a cat fight is mind-boggling to me, but it is funny.

LOL he is banned over there now. Wonder how long it will take him to get banned here. Pollutes everywhere he goes. :)

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always wondered what makes some people think they're the final opinion , or they're the only one that can be right . I blame it on the anonymity of the internet combined with certain personality traits .

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Apparently the Bible knew what was headed our way with Internet forums.

View attachment 4077
Ecclesiastes 1:8-10 (ESV)
8 All things are full of weariness;
a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there a thing of which it is said,
"See, this is new"?
It has been already
in the ages before us.

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always wondered what makes some people think they're the final opinion , or they're the only one that can be right . I blame it on the anonymity of the internet combined with certain personality traits .

Funny you say this. He is now on 1911 Forums posting as "Florida". Guess he thinks changing his name will give him relief of his past. :eek: