Making sport of arguing with strangers on the internet...

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Think I'd prefer 'wheel locks' at twenty paces....
that way, nobody gets hurt! [emoji1783]
ce680d8ebe47bfb8b74ee0b5aa41c479.jpg

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I never argue on the internet. AZpoolguy I didn't realize you are such a badass ? I am a 60 yo guy so I must be old and out of shape. I did not post in that thread about speed and accuracy. Azpoolguy you are dead to me. BTW, I thought twice before I posted this.
Did something I said hurt your feelings?

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I never argue on the internet. AZpoolguy I didn't realize you are such a badass ? I am a 60 yo guy so I must be old and out of shape. I did not post in that thread about speed and accuracy. Azpoolguy you are dead to me. BTW, I thought twice before I posted this.

Did something I said hurt your feelings?

There seems to be some sort of disconnect or understanding here. Both of you are two of the most level headed members here. What did I misshere?

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Simply put, I felt azpoolguy's comments about older members was out of line.

I guess i missed that, I do see your point as well as his.
I'm 52, I didn't take his comments personally because I know I am not in the shape or physical condition than I was when 35-40. Some may have held their weight and mobility, but as AZPG stated, most have gotten heavier, lost strength and mobility

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I do believe we've argued a time or two. I must say, that I'm glad that I was able to entertain you. One of my biggest downfalls or weak points is I really, if ever, walk away from an argument. As I've gotten older I have realized that it's often pointless arguing over small petty topics of discussion. I have made changes to what forms I visit and with whom I discuss topics with. I have never been one to ignore anyone as far as using that feature on a forum but there are people I simply will not allow myself to argue with anymore.

Some argue for sport. Some argue for pleasure or because they simply don't know better. Years before the Internet I was told by a trainer, " never argue with a drunk or an idiot." I haven't argued with a drunk since my days on 'Addicts.

You're a good man FieldGrade. I have appreciated our debates as I can respect your side of the coin. Never rollover on a topic you believe in period. Your side of the coin always has value.
Weird, I know that drunk (and have argued with him in the past, as well).

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay. Being the self depracating guy I am, I'm the first to make jokes about my own age. I figure if I can laugh at others jokes about me being old then I can poke fun at whatever else about them I want.

I shot fourth in accuracy in our last IDPA match this month out of 91 shooters. Many were LEO, ex LEO, ex MIL, active MIL, retired SF (we're close to Bragg) and guys 30-40 years younger than me. And they all sang me happy 63rd birthday at the beginning the match.

I recall Hackathorn standing in front of us all one day in the cold and drizzle, then all that evening while we shot in the dark, then all of the next day running a class like he was in his 30's, and yet he is in his 70's.

Old is just a state of mind.

Sneaky One

Well-Known Fanatic
I consider guys on the other sight to be friends I haven't met. I am not sensitive about age at all, but I think we should all respect each other . Many of the older members are vets or retired LE. So to say older members should not talk about such things as speed or accuracy because of their age is wrong. I'm sure the member I was annoyed with is a great guy. I was one of the first on this site and just don't want to see people here talking **** about people there. That is all. I am far from sensitive, just respectful. I am over it and I apologize if some feel I made something out of nothing.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't write off older members as being over weight and out of shape , especially if you haven't met them . The last Bianchi Cup I went to I had the privilege of meeting two competitors , one 77 , another 80 . They both were able to jump up and down from prone position and were highly accurate .
My comment was just a blanket statement as to people getting out of shape and less mobile as they get older. Vickers took a lot of heat on the internet for his weight and conditioning over the last few years and has started working on his diet and doing Crossfit. All things play into a gun fight. Also the two members you know clearly do not fit into that category.

Most of the people I hang out with are older then me and still run, ride mountain bikes, Crossfit and other activities to stay fit and mobile.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
one of my fav "discussions" on TOOS( before I fled the scene) were a bunch of "geniuses" arguing that their use of prescribed narcotics doe s not affect their activity performance(driving,shooting) and besides taking multiple doses a day--they were not addicted--it was for medical reasons( many junkies say that exact same thing). some folks need video proof before they believe anything I guess
Glad to say I missed that gem of a thread.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I really have no idea, I haven't been there in quite some time. I'm really not sure what you're referring to with the snowflake comment. Can you enlighten me about these snowflakes?

The whole concept of "thread crapping" is for pussies.

I expect that when I come to an addicts or fanatics forum that it is a group of (mostly) MEN that are real, serious, regular, constant buyers and know the market(s) and the whole concept of being ostracised for politely questioning a price or provenence is PATHETIC!!!!!

That said, this is all I am going to say on the subject because I like this site and I do not want to be disapointed by accidentally bringing up a topic delicate enough to get me shunned.

I generally think the less you shoot, the less guns you have, the less time you are actually in the market as a buyer, the more gradiose the opinions.

It's like going in to a gunstore and seeing the gunstore commandos who sit at the counter every day, who know EVERYTHING and never buy noth'n

Just say'n

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
The best thing to do when grown men choose to act like 12 year old girls on a gun forum is to put them on IGNORE...out of sight, out of mind and you have the satisfaction of knowing they eventually catch on and it drives them nuts because there is nothing they can do about it.

Latest posts