Making sport of arguing with strangers on the internet...

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I had to talk to every one of the crazy people in my life today.
...And bought a very large bottle of Jamesons as a result.
I predict I'll be in some dark corner of the intertoobz arguing with someone into the wee hours.

Or maybe just go to bed around 8:30 like I did last night.

Last edited:

rugerron

Well-Known Fanatic
I live in Eugene, Or. What Kevin said about Portland and Eugene running this state from the ultra liberal side is correct. If these high school kids laws get passed I will be a criminal right then. I have been making plans to move out of this state by the end of the year. That will be 24 years here by then. What he brought up about the state being broke and very poor classroom results and the homeless populations being so big and the drug epidemic being so big and the disrespect shown to the police, is all true and not exaggerated. I belong to Oregon Firearms Federation and donate regularly. This state is messed up and people are leaving it in droves.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I live in Eugene, Or. What Kevin said about Portland and Eugene running this state from the ultra liberal side is correct. If these high school kids laws get passed I will be a criminal right then. I have been making plans to move out of this state by the end of the year. That will be 24 years here by then. What he brought up about the state being broke and very poor classroom results and the homeless populations being so big and the drug epidemic being so big and the disrespect shown to the police, is all true and not exaggerated. I belong to Oregon Firearms Federation and donate regularly. This state is messed up and people are leaving it in droves.

At what point do you start klling communists?

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
"My wife has ordered me to put all my stuff up for sale NOW. She stood over me while I pecked this ad out on the keyboard.
Prices are firm. Don't even insult me with your lowball offer....."

I get that......

And I get law school 101...."the price is what a willing buyer and seller agree to"

When I ask why you are asking $3200 for your RIA pistol I am not saying you are poorly endowed or geneticly deficient.....I am wondering what cuases your RIA to be worth $3200.

At it's core, isn't this (and aren't other gunblogs) an educational site?

I just don't get the hostility to polite questions.
Is that what that thread questioning the 400% value in a for sake ad was about?! I wondered what the actual thread was questioning. I also have not read the speed vs accuracy thread but now seems like I must.
I love a good argument as much as anyone but it takes a lot for me to get that worked up.
I to have noticed more "snowflakyness" on Addicts with the huge influx of new members over there. I still spend most of my time there but hang out here as often as I can. I'm just not getting used to this new format!!

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Is that what that thread questioning the 400% value in a for sake ad was about?! I wondered what the actual thread was questioning. I also have not read the speed vs accuracy thread but now seems like I must.
I love a good argument as much as anyone but it takes a lot for me to get that worked up.
I to have noticed more "snowflakyness" on Addicts with the huge influx of new members over there. I still spend most of my time there but hang out here as often as I can. I'm just not getting used to this new format!!
and somehow they are getting in here too. we are being followed I am afraid

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
The more time I spend on Facebook, the more time I want to delete people.
Guy just posted "WE NEED MORE BACKGROUND CHECKS, STOP THE ONLINE AND GUNSHOW LOOP HOLE!"

I poked him a bit...he said "Look at Illinois, deadliest place ever, they need more laws!"

Yep....morons, I'm dealing with morons.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I also have not read the speed vs accuracy thread but now seems like I must.
What's funny it's not just there. My good friend who posted the thread and is on a first name basis with Hackathorn ( they have run multiple classes together) posted that Hackathorn/Wilson video on multiple forums and people are fighting all over the interrnet over the topic of "speed versus accuracy"

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
What's funny it's not just there. My good friend who posted the thread and is on a first name basis with Hackathorn ( they have run multiple classes together) posted that Hackathorn/Wilson video on multiple forums and people are fighting all over the interrnet over the topic of "speed versus accuracy"
Further proof , no matter what one posts someone will want argue , then have the last word .

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic

That thread turned into train wreck. It's shame there are always about a dozen or so people who love to dominate gun forums and impart their "wisdom." They never let facts stand in their way. The video that started the thread was great. Again, however, the "ignore" function is so wonderful. Click and they disappear and it drives them absolutely nuts. The fact that many are grown men, older men, behaving like junior high girls in a cat fight is mind-boggling to me, but it is funny.

Last edited:

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
It appears I am on a roll this week. :p:p:p
I never argue on the internet. AZpoolguy I didn't realize you are such a badass ? I am a 60 yo guy so I must be old and out of shape. I did not post in that thread about speed and accuracy. Azpoolguy you are dead to me. BTW, I thought twice before I posted this.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I think several of us had an off week. Clean slate moving forward !
I said this morning I was going to stay off all forums tonight. Right now I have five forum tabs open, plus Eric Clapton playing on you tube, and on my next Jamesons.

I need a 12 step program, and not from the Jamesons.