Is Tisas a good 1911 option?

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
For the money, obviously, is Tisas a decent starter 1911? I see a Tanker in stock online $450?
For the money, obviously, is Tisas a decent starter 1911? I see a Tanker in stock online $450?
Remember the tanker has old 45 military front sight

ddown

Fanatic
Bought one like Nut-n-Fancy had. 1000 rounds through got brave today tore it completely down all parts wearing in great. Put it back together and function checked. Winner Winner everything works fine. First complete teardown of 1911 not as intimidating as I thought. Have all new Wilson springs coming I now know it's a job I can do. Amazing how they produce this fine machine in 1911 and it's still relevant today. Might upgrade to Springfield Garrison to go with my Hellcat.

Last edited:

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Bought one like Nut-n-Fancy had. 1000 rounds through got brave today tore it completely down all parts wearing in great. Put it back together and function checked. Winner Winner everything works fine. First complete teardown of 1911 not as intimidating as I thought. Have all new Wilson springs coming I now know it's a job I can do. Amazing how they produce this fine machine in 1911 and it's still relevant today. Might upgrade to Springfield Garrison to go with my Hellcat.
I did the same with a rock island 1911...best shooter around...oh and the price was right.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
No, out of my price range...but would love to be able to afford one...or any custom 1911...
No, out of my price range...but would love to be able to afford one...or any custom 1911...
I love 1911's a Les, a Custom Colt, an Old Smith, and a SIG RCS. They all look similar. but all shoot a hair differently. Helped my neighbor buy a used 1911
at a pawn shop. $625.00 put just a few more dollars in it, and it shoots very very well. . Just sayin.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that's a deal. Hard to find something like that around here. I am limited to Crazy Pierre's shade tree custom gun shop...What brand was your friends gun?

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that's a deal. Hard to find something like that around here. I am limited to Crazy Pierre's shade tree custom gun shop...What brand was your friends gun?
1911E...And there's nothing wrong with them either.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
You guys that take your 1911's down all the way I tip my hat to you, field strip is all I do for cleaning, if something needs to be done beyond that thank goodness I got a guy.

dhawk46

Active Fanatic
Unless you are needing to replace a part (maybe a trigger, mainspring
?), no need to go past basic field strip, lubricate and reassemble.

DVC

Latest posts