Is Tisas a good 1911 option?

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We had one member on our Sat match squad with one that had all kinds of issues with it for maybe 100 rounds (factory Rem ball ammo) by the time he finished it was doing better, main issue was not going back into lockup, when it worked, he shot it fairly good. Just guessing he needed a good heavier recoil spring and some lube. Not being a club member and almost 3 boxes of factory ammo it was an expensive day for him.

Weisse52

Active Fanatic
It is so hard to judge how good a gun is just from watching one example on the range.

Without knowing how the gun was maintained or the mags/ammo it can really be a challenge.

On my one example I thought the recoil spring was crap and replaced with a Wolff spring. But then it was not giving me any issues, I just didn't like it quality.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I may have posted this earlier in this thread, but a Springfield mil-spec or defender? would be my choice all day for a simple starter 1911A1 and has on several occasions. I still own one and its flawless in operation

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I may have posted this earlier in this thread, but a Springfield mil-spec or defender? would be my choice all day for a simple starter 1911A1 and has on several occasions. I still own one and its flawless in operation
Springfield makes good 1911"s for the price. I had a Loaded Springfield but my friend talked me out of it. I'm down to three 1911's Sig RCS and an old 70 series Colt Commander and a Les Baer. Currently eyeing a Springfield 9MM.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I h
I have more Springfield 1911's than any other 1911's. I like 'em. I have one that went East to Derr Precision, and had some modest work done to it. They are all MilSpec guns, with all but one the old style 90's guns the mil spec before they called them that. Been extremely happy with them. One of my best shooting 1911's is a Brazilian made one which makes me look like a good shot!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm also a Springfield fan...
I have them in Govt sized 45 (1 of my oldest 1911s from the early 80's) & 9mm ( a lightly altered Loaded target)
both are favorites, but I am even more impressed with the Bul Armory 1911's.
Bought my Cmdr. Sized 9mm & feel it's a better 1911, with quality & features well beyond it's current price.
If I didn't already have so many 1911's, I'd buy a few more of them..

OfferArms

Fanatic
I bought the full size 9mm Tisas last year cause I was curious and have about 1000 rounds through it bangin steel plates. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I can tell you I'd rather have a Tisas over an RIA anyday.

Attachments

• 1648053423073908284537883432219.jpg
    1648053423073908284537883432219.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought the full size 9mm Tisas last year cause I was curious and have about 1000 rounds through it bangin steel plates. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I can tell you I'd rather have a Tisas over an RIA anyday.
To be honest the Tisas Pistols should be free of charge. Turkey receives an average of $124,103,154 in foreign aid from the US per year. This includes direct funding, delivery of goods, technical assistance, educational programming, and health care. This is why I refuse buying any foreign pistols that leech on our dime, this includes the Philippines. But this is America, always a personal choice.

Marc

Active Fanatic
I don't like the way the link is designed on the Rock Island. It just looks like it will break, and is not to original spec design. I don't trust it, although I haven't shot one enough to know if it will live or not to substantiate that opinion. I just know if it isn't to original design it is suspect. Tisas is more original.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't know where or how you came to thew idea that RIA aren't to to spec.. (?)
I've owned 2 of them & have had 0 issues swapping out parts for them.
If they weren't to spec, accessory parts wouldn't fit or function properly.
My experience has been the RIA's are (used to be) lower cost versions of a 1911,.
Proof of their quality is reflected by the increase in their prices ,as they've been on the market
and developed a wider following. Also, the increased number of models offered is another sign of the company's success.
Though they are not made in America , it's getting harder to find things that are..though some products have a history of being made here,
more companies are becoming foreign owned..

seagiant

Well-Known Fanatic
I do not like giving money for products produced by nations that do not like us...why pay your enemy? We are paying Russian for oil, China for solar panels ...all I can say is Let's Go Brandon.

Hi,
Your shutting the barn door after the horse has already left!

We (American Taxpayers) have been screwed by our own,"Leaders", for Decades now.

I would not worry at this stage of the game of getting a bargain pistol from Turkey or the Devil himself, at this stage of the game! LOL!

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I do not like giving money for products produced by nations that do not like us...why pay your enemy? We are paying Russian for oil, China for solar panels ...all I can say is Let's Go Brandon.

Hi,
Your shutting the barn door after the horse has already left!

We (American Taxpayers) have been screwed by our own,"Leaders", for Decades now.

I would not worry at this stage of the game of getting a bargain pistol from Turkey or the Devil himself, at this stage of the game! LOL!
Then why continue the game? I stopped playing with those who don't like us a long time ago. Screw me once shame on you , screw me twice shame on me.

seagiant

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi,
Jeez, you've got an illegitimate Puppet President, and a bought off Congress...

Filling both pockets with YOUR MONEY, with both hands...

A Wall Street, helping CHINA take over American Industry...

Paying double for Gas, Food, and Energy to cool/heat your home...

Just left the Taliban, BILLIONS, in Weapons, in Afghanistan...

And you guys are worried about a $400 pistol purchase from Turkey???

Got it!!!

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi,
Jeez, you've got an illegitimate Puppet President, and a bought off Congress...

Filling both pockets with YOUR MONEY, with both hands...

A Wall Street, helping CHINA take over American Industry...

Paying double for Gas, Food, and Energy to cool/heat your home...

Just left the Taliban, BILLIONS, in Weapons, in Afghanistan...

And you guys are worried about a $400 pistol purchase from Turkey???

Got it!!!

To begin with, this is a 1911 Pistol forum, not a FBJ debate. ..... I think everyone here knows full well what our condition the State of the Nation is in and why

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Can we please stop the squabbling and agree to disagree if we must? The country is a mess FJB is an ahole we all agree. Lets not degenerate into the same stuff as most of the other forums seem to be. The enemy wants to divide us, Please do not let this happen.

Latest posts