Are you a member of the NRA?

Hammer

Active Fanatic
I am but the need for new leadership at the NRA always makes me wonder if my money is well spent.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Anyone going to the NRA convention in Indy. The end of this month? It's a great time.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Sadly, only around 400,000 Member's are with GOA Larry *son Eric) Pratt, the ONLY NO QUARTER GIVEN Gun Owners of America.
I am a year to year member for both and have been for 30years,The NRA sucks at time, but with over 4-5 Million NUMBERS mean something.
I do not give them EXTRA Donations, GOA I DO.
Same here, year to year with NRA, joined GOA this year and sent them an extra 100. Just don't think we can throw NRA out the window as I don't agree with everything they do but they are the biggest. And I care nothing about bump stocks but that's not the point, if I wanted one should be my right and the way they did an end around is just wrong. And I have to be current member of NRA to have joined my gun club which holds excellent IDPA matches. This is off topic but very proud my club is hosting the South Carolina IDPA match this October

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I am but the need for new leadership at the NRA always makes me wonder if my money is well spent.

I think I mentioned it before, but I was a long time member of the NRA, until I started looking at their funding process, their leadership roles, etc... all the "big wigs" like Wayne LaPierre, Chris Cox, who are basically multi-millionaires. It just kind of makes you go, "Hmmmmm..."

Just sayin'... :confused:

DRD

Fanatic
NRA Life member for years. Sure, they're not perfect. Maybe the "big shots" abuse their positions on occasion. However, if you're for the 2nd Amendment, you must support them. You'll never get more "bang for your buck" via any lobby. Not trying to offend anyone, but refusing to be a member for even some valid reason is short sided. It's kinda' like "cutting off your nose to spite your face". If national registration, AR-15 bans, etc. become law, it will be too late to ask "could I have done more".

Just my opinion.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
As I stated earlier I am also a lifer! Just renewed my GOA membership last week, I like this group. I am also a member of the Buckeye Firearms Association as they seem to keep me well informed of what's happening In Ohio. I try to support all groups I can that help protect our rights even if I don't always agree with their actions!

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
Endowment member and NRA instructor. While I don't agree with everything they do, each member represent approximately 25 others who are not members but are gun owners. Politicians understand this but don't admit it.

Reactions: DRD

mcollier

Fanatic
I was a member of the NRA when I was younger. I just re-joined after many years. Took the 5 year membership then added another year. Thought hard about becoming a life member but $1,500 doesn't seem cost-effective at my age (51). Can anybody tell me if there are good reasons why I should become a life member now?

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
$1500?

You should be able to buy a life membership for $600-$800

You should do it to EFFECTIVELY vote to change the board so they again become as effective as possible

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Call them. They have been running discount membership drives for a long time.

Worst case, say a friend paid that in the last year and see what they say.

Please Let us know your experience

Thanks

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
You should do it to EFFECTIVELY vote to change the board so they again become as effective as possible
Get rid of Ted Nugent.

After his last temper tantrum, I'm getting sick of LaPierre, too. He's a fanatic, but he's not a leader. He's in a position that requires leadership skills, PR skills, and the ability to hold his tongue. He doesn't have any of those skills.

Personally, I believe Colonel North, but that's sort of irrelevant. He doesn't even have the skills to beat LaPierre, let alone advocate for the second amendment.

If you go for a life membership, you can't even leave in protest. What a trap. Once you're in for life, they don't have to listen to you at all. I like it when they ask me to re-join, because then I can tell them why that isn't going to happen today.

Treat them like government. Don't trust them, don't believe in them, and keep them on a short leash. The only leash they respond to is one made of money. Don't ever let them off of it.

Last edited:

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe that I should give them some money. I also believe that LaPierre and the board don't really have any control over where my money goes. I honestly might not have re-upped if it wasn't for their partial funding of the suit that temporarily lifted the mag capacity ban here in komifornia. YMMV.

mcollier

Fanatic
Call them. They have been running discount membership drives for a long time.

Worst case, say a friend paid that in the last year and see what they say.

Please Let us know your experience

Thanks
I am an NRA Life Member now.

I called them and they offered LM at a 60% discount, and they applied the money I had already paid as well.

I am very pleased with how they handled everything.

Latest posts