Are you a member of the NRA?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Personally, I believe Colonel North, but that's sort of irrelevant. He doesn't even have the skills to beat LaPierre, let alone advocate for the second amendment.

I believe what Col. North said as well. Same with Hollywood actor Tom Selleck (who quit the Board of Directors in disgust over LaPierre's lavish spending and mega-rich multi millionaire salary). North got railroaded out of the NRA as he was about to blow the whistle on LaPierre among other things.

It's time for a new Commanding Officer of the ship! LaPierre needs to step down - ASAP.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
If all this is true and not left wing propaganda , I agree with you, but we still need a strong NRA.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
No.
Received any pleas for money lately saying they're desperately broke? They have a lot to learn about managing money.
I signed up. They continued to bombard me with snail mail for six months later AND beg for more money. They spent more than my annual dues recruiting me after I had already been recruited.

I used to think they were so far whacko . Now I've come to realize the nra is right . The libs want all guns gone. I'll continue to support them. I just wish they spent my money more responsibly.

Seriously, it can't be that hard for the computer accepting payments to synchronize up with computers sending renewal requests. There's no reason to waste the postage .

Warriors15

New Fanatic
Life Member. They're not perfect but they are the best known and most feared by 2nd Amendment enemies.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic

DRD

Fanatic
Jammer,

With all due respect, citing the WP is kinda like quoting the Communist Manifesto. It's a voice of the left. Not saying some of the bad stuff isn't true, but the NRA remains a gun owners loudest voice.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Been a life member for a lot of years. There may be some problems on the top but I wouldn't want to see the time when we don't have them fighting for our 2nd. Ammendent rights. we need to keep contributing to the cause.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
It doesn't look to me like that's where your money goes. It looks to me like you're getting conned.

Last edited:

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Does any gun owner really want to see what would happen to our 2nd.ammendent rights if we didn't have the NRA fighting for us?

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Absolutely!

Without the NRA holding us back, we could probably get a lot of good stuff passed! And at a much lower cost, with far less drama and corruption.

(Not to mention that the way the NRA is imploding, it won't be long now before we get our chance to do just that.)

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Absolutely!

Without the NRA holding us back, we could probably get a lot of good stuff passed! And at a much lower cost, with far less drama and corruption.

(Not to mention that the way the NRA is imploding, it won't be long now before we get our chance to do just that
Absolutely!

(Not to mention that the way the NRA is imploding, it won't be long now before we get our chance to do just that.)
Jammer we will have to agree to disagree, The NRA will get things straighten out and we will keep our guns,

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Jammer we will have to agree to disagree, The NRA will get things straighten out and we will keep our guns,
I don't believe that. The corruption is too entrenched, at too high a level, and there is no one who is willing to do what would be necessary to fix it. The people who have enough juice to clean house are corrupt. Even if it's cleaned up, or "straightened out", the organization will always be suspect. You can't prove a negative, and once trust is broken, it can be glued back together, but it will never be the same.

To bring the discussion back on topic, no, I'm not a member.

I have instructor credentials through the NRA, but I cancelled my membership for various reasons. I've stated some of them here, but not all of them.

The bottom line is this: if you're a member, you have reasons to be a member. I'm not a member, and I, like you, have various reasons for that state of affairs.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Jammer does have some excellent points. I stopped renewing my NRA membership, after I started "looking at the big picture" - as the saying goes. I started noticing things like WLP and Chris Cox, and the rest of the "big wigs" within the NRA's top brass, and how they are multi-millionaires, living extremely well on everyone's donations, while not exactly getting down into the trenches and fighting tooth and nail for the local small town guys who's HOA's or something or other are seriously against firearm ownership.

Better yet, do this... Talk to a cop. Ask the cops about the NRA. Get their opinion on the mess the NRA is in. As a Past Master of a Masonic Lodge, and also a Shriner, let me tell you --- I am kind of "in tight" with the retired cops, retired FBI agents, retired military MP's, etc... who are also part of the ancient and historical Fraternity. They basically were going on about how the NRA started out as a great organization, but got led astray by greed. 50 some-odd years ago, it was great. But today, one of my best Masonic Brothers was going on about WLP (No, I won't repeat what he said, but just use your own judgement).

Latest posts