Are you a member of the NRA?

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
No.

I will never re-join until and unless

1. Ted Nugent is removed from the Board of Directors
  2. A new feedback system is implemented for instructors to design the curriculums of NRA classes
  3. They stop losing election battles

They just got their collective asses kicked here in Washington State on I-1639. They are not the powerhouse they used to be, and LaPierre makes it worse every time he opens his mouth.

They still re-new my instructor creds each year as long as I'm involved in X number of NRA classes. I guess you guys are paying for my instructor creds. Received any pleas for money lately saying they're desperately broke? They have a lot to learn about managing money.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I guess you are never going to rejoin. That's ok. I respect your candid thoughts about why you have chosen to drop your membership.

tightloops

Active Fanatic
Now is NOT the time for us to argue about which group serves us better, support or shut up! We need to project a united front now more than ever.
Don't just rely on one lobbying group either, support and contribute what you can to as many as you can, and then don't sit back on your collective duff's and wait for someone else to do it, call/write your congressman/senator,,,, OFTEN!!

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Life member. Life member Second Amendment Foundation, Life member GOA.

Don't appreciate Wayne and Chris, the high salries, the wine club, the "insurance" and the repeated sell outs but if you support 2A you have to be an NRA member...........wife, four children, three grandchildren ALL NRA Lifers. I vote.

NOTE; I support Torches, pitchforks and auto rifles! The best thing that could happen to support freedom is for a plane to hit the Hart office building during a joint session of congress.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
Now is NOT the time for us to argue about which group serves us better, support or shut up!
Oh, we disagree about that.

No one listens when we point out what's wrong with the NRA when there's no threat. It's like teachers striking in the summer.

Your sentiment can be turned around: listen to us when we tell you what's wrong with the NRA, change those things, or stop demanding our money and asking us to join.

Change or shut up.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Jammer Six......sounds like you need to stat up an organization that will get your desires voiced.

The NRA isn't perfect, but they are the best we have. I like Ted, I agree with some of the NRA's stance on issues like bump stocks. When common sense if applied, bump stocks are "work arounds", I have no use for that stupid shiOt.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
If you are a "year by year" member you never vote.

How do we get change if such a huge percentage of complainers NEVER VOTE? Then there are those that do not cast an informed vote and still more that never vote effectively.

This is what keeps wayne and chris there. This is what gives us ollie and other worthless rubber stamps.

Step up and become a voting member and vote effectively.
How do you have the timerity to demand change yet never vote or become a voting member? You think they should be strong, you think these guys are too high paid, you think they are corrupt SO YOU SIT ON YOUR HANDS AND DO NOTHING. Spare me!!!

Become a voting member and VOTE effectively for change.

We need a strong NRA. I would like to return to the days when no public official would dare cross the NRA

Dimedog

Fanatic
If you are a "year by year" member you never vote.

How do we get change if such a huge percentage of complainers NEVER VOTE? Then there are those that do not cast an informed vote and still more that never vote effectively.

This is what keeps wayne and chris there. This is what gives us ollie and other worthless rubber stamps.

Step up and become a voting member and vote effectively.
How do you have the timerity to demand change yet never vote or become a voting member? You think they should be strong, you think these guys are too high paid, you think they are corrupt SO YOU SIT ON YOUR HANDS AND DO NOTHING. Spare me!!!

Become a voting member and VOTE effectively for change.

We need a strong NRA. I would like to return to the days when no public official would dare cross the NRA
Amen!!! Lifer also
People like this need to stop bitching and do something instead

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
No.

I will never re-join until and unless

1. Ted Nugent is removed from the Board of Directors
  2. A new feedback system is implemented for instructors to design the curriculums of NRA classes
  3. They stop losing election battles
They just got their collective asses kicked here in Washington State on I-1639. They are not the powerhouse they used to be, and LaPierre makes it worse every time he opens his mouth.

They still re-new my instructor creds each year as long as I'm involved in X number of NRA classes. I guess you guys are paying for my instructor creds. Received any pleas for money lately saying they're desperately broke? They have a lot to learn about managing money.

This is just ridiculous!! Especially being a non member, not voting and expecting the organization to come to you.

I had to come back to this and ask.....what organization(s) do you support? With money and not just talk? OR......are we carrying you and doing the funding for you? I find that when it comes to walking the walk, most people are all talk and generally CHEAP, HUGE pussies.

Last edited:

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
What the NRA does or doesn't do isn't my problem. What the government does is my problem, and while the NRA used to be effective, they are no longer capable of dealing with that problem.

If the NRA is really "the best you (we) have", you've already lost.

You want my money, you want my name among your membership, you want you membership to be one greater, but you're not willing to do what it takes to earn it.

Sorry, that's not the way this works.

Latest posts