Your First Match

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

• Total voters

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
My first match was an IDPA match last year where my buddy Rich convinced Eric to run a Hi-Point in IDPA and I wanted to see that. I shot IDPA for a while and I thought it was just great.

Then the Fat Guy Shooting Team told me that IDPA is for nerds and that all the cool kids shoot USPSA so if I wanted a date for the prom I would need to shoot USPSA or I would have to take Weird Jenny Miller to the prom and she smells funny and the chances of her putting out are like 0%. So I burned my fishing vest, did a speed reload while not behind cover, yelled "FTDR THESE NUTS, *****!" and quit IDPA forever (unless I want to shoot my 45 in a match that month).

USPSA is a lot of fun but I suck at it pretty hard. BoomerShooter is a good source of information re: sucking less. Also Ryan Alexander is really patient with my dumb questions and he's a mod here so I guess that means BoomerShooter is helping somehow.

Dood that cracked me up! Especially the part about the FGST giving dating advice. Lol!!

luvshootin

Fanatic
Hello All,

I started shooting IDPA at Weatherford about 3 months ago, and was hooked. Course have to drive 200 miles one way to do that. Going back this coming Sunday and taking some friends with me for their first match. I like it when you shoot and move and shoot what you carry.

I Shot PPC revolvers back in the mid 70's and then quit. Joined the military in 80-86 and shot there. Quite shooting until about 2 years ago April when I got my CCL Cleet license. Was CLeet certified in 1980. Took a couple of retired Highway patrol out and requalified them and got hooked on shooting again.

In May this year decided to have a heart attack in Australia and had a triple bypass. My rehab when i got back to the staes was setting on prairie dog towns at 600am and shooting the little buggers with a 17 cal rifle. Once I could move around again I started back with the pistols.
Met Craig Smith at Rangemaster Rowdy and bought a bunch of targets , and myself and a core group of shooters shoot them at least every other week and sometimes once a week.. The steel targets are probably the best investment I have made as it has really improved all of our skills, not the mention that they are Top Notch targets and great customer service from Rangemaster Rowdy.

Came up with a bright Idea to shoot bowling pins for something different until the bullets came back at me, and decided that was going to be for the AR's.

I bought a Dillon 650XL about three months ago and have loaded about 12,000 rounds of 9MM, and then load .223 as well.. I am trying to stay away from 3 gun because I know that will really hook me up. I am hooked on steel shooting because its audable as well as reactive and very good training. I just started videoing the shooting for my training as well as other for viewing as building thier confidence. I love anyting that goes boom.

Went to my first match last night at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond, and had a absolute blast. Great RO's and a very fun match, and the $50.00 gift certificate was very nice.. I liked the speed match at the end. Great bunch of guys at Heartland that shoot there, met some real nice people last night and really felt welcomed.

Here is a link to what we do out in Beaver County on some days. Go to youtube and type luvshootin and you can see the fun we have. This summer fixing to start IDPA and steel shoots ou there.

Sorry for the long post.....

jtischauser

Hello All,

I started shooting IDPA at Weatherford about 3 months ago, and was hooked. Course have to drive 200 miles one way to do that. Going back this coming Sunday and taking some friends with me for their first match. I like it when you shoot and move and shoot what you carry.

I Shot PPC revolvers back in the mid 70's and then quit. Joined the military in 80-86 and shot there. Quite shooting until about 2 years ago April when I got my CCL Cleet license. Was CLeet certified in 1980. Took a couple of retired Highway patrol out and requalified them and got hooked on shooting again.

In May this year decided to have a heart attack in Australia and had a triple bypass. My rehab when i got back to the staes was setting on prairie dog towns at 600am and shooting the little buggers with a 17 cal rifle. Once I could move around again I started back with the pistols.
Met Craig Smith at Rangemaster Rowdy and bought a bunch of targets , and myself and a core group of shooters shoot them at least every other week and sometimes once a week.. The steel targets are probably the best investment I have made as it has really improved all of our skills, not the mention that they are Top Notch targets and great customer service from Rangemaster Rowdy.

Came up with a bright Idea to shoot bowling pins for something different until the bullets came back at me, and decided that was going to be for the AR's.

I bought a Dillon 650XL about three months ago and have loaded about 12,000 rounds of 9MM, and then load .223 as well.. I am trying to stay away from 3 gun because I know that will really hook me up. I am hooked on steel shooting because its audable as well as reactive and very good training. I just started videoing the shooting for my training as well as other for viewing as building thier confidence. I love anyting that goes boom.

Went to my first match last night at Heartland Outdoors in Edmond, and had a absolute blast. Great RO's and a very fun match, and the $50.00 gift certificate was very nice.. I liked the speed match at the end. Great bunch of guys at Heartland that shoot there, met some real nice people last night and really felt welcomed.

Here is a link to what we do out in Beaver County on some days. Go to youtube and type luvshootin and you can see the fun we have. This summer fixing to start IDPA and steel shoots ou there.

Here is his channel. Thanks for joining us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXPAJE-3_Bs&context=C3fcb4e6ADOEgsToPDskKHhfIYvltidRvlmPcoJpW2

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Welcome Terry, it was good to meet you at Heartland. You shot really well (you still have one more person to beat though :D )

Jeff [Riley] and myself are going to try to come to Weatherford Sunday so we will see you there.

You will fit right in here.................

Hello All,

DVC

New Fanatic
I can't wait to shoot my first match! I'm just kind of worried I'm gonnna look like an idiot.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
You wont look any worse than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krlCnDPVm5A&feature=plcp&context=C3c08825UDOEgsToPDskLuOUySahNAS7IK5609azyL

jtischauser

You wont look any worse than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krlCnDPVm5A&feature=plcp&context=C3c08825UDOEgsToPDskLuOUySahNAS7IK5609azyL

That was awesome!!! Remember no matter How bad you do you will never look as bad as Jake Burki.

B

Beau

Thanks to BS I found the heartland carry gun match. I searched the internet for competitive shooting matches in Oklahoma and that led me to BS. What a great resource for finding matches. I can't wait to go to my second match at heartland this Sunday.
Since my first match I've decided to join USPSA and I am looking forward to competing in that as soon as I decide what division I should be in.

jtischauser

Thanks to BS I found the heartland carry gun match. I searched the internet for competitive shooting matches in Oklahoma and that led me to BS. What a great resource for finding matches. I can't wait to go to my second match at heartland this Sunday.
Since my first match I've decided to join USPSA and I am looking forward to competing in that as soon as I decide what division I should be in.

See u Sunday.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Beau,
awesome, i am the scorekeeper at the heartland match, come talk to me and i can help you figure out which division you want to go in USPSA

jtischauser

Kudos to Tony and Benjamin!! I am so sorry we didn't catch that. U guys get the iron man awards today.