Your First Match

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

• Total voters

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Glad I could help. If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask. A's far A's uploading images there is a link in the toolbar up top called image hosting. Click on that and see if you can figure it out. Let us know if you can't and we will walk you through it.

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been shooting for a lot of years. Started shooting .22 side matches when I was 8 or 9 and IPSC matches since about 15? I think... I'm 28 now so.... Long time. My first match though was interesting. I was so worried about safety I shot a horrible match but didn't AD didn't break the 180., IT WAS AWESOME.

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot my first (and only, to date) IDPA match @ OC in Coweta a couple of years ago. I wasn't really sure what to expect - from the other shooters, from myself - but I had a great time! As others have said, I learned more about my shooting in those 100 rnds than I have from anyone teaching me, and all the other guys there were awesome!

I'm taking my AK out to there again this coming Saturday, June 4th for the carbine match. Can't wait! Any advice?

-Keith

KeithCross

Well-Known Fanatic
speaking of the June 4th carbine match...Anybody going from here? I'd like to meet ya, possibly ask a few questions... I'll be hanging out with Mitch Rapp and wearing some big '80s cop glasses...

-Keith

jtischauser

Shoot slow and don't miss at that ocrgc match. Tell the match director, Dave we'd love to see him over here too.

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't vote, but my answer would have been
Will shoot my first match sometime in the near future, because of BS and also Robert Carlile.
I met Robert at church and have been to his range in Pryor a few times. We have done plate racks and some other steel targets. Right now I am shooting a G23 and just got the .22LR conversion for it. Plan to excersize it this week to see how it performs. If all goes well, I may bring my conversion to a SC match in Pryor before the summer is out. I watched an IDPA match at USSA last fall with a friend and was VERY impressed by the friendliness of every one there. If I had more time and money, this would be my addiction. Who needs drugs when you can have a reality like this.

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
finally shot my first match. i wouldn't say boomershooter caused me to do it, but it certainly helped push me to it. finished 4th out of 6. i would have done better if i would have slowed down a little. i was getting in too big of a hurry. and i had first comp jitters. after a few matches i should be doing better.

i know if i would have had boomershooter swag, i would have done better. its a proven fact; the first and second place shooters at my match were wearing bs hats.

Obiareus

Well-Known Fanatic
finally shot my first match. i wouldn't say boomershooter caused me to do it, but it certainly helped push me to it. finished 4th out of 6. i would have done better if i would have slowed down a little. i was getting in too big of a hurry. and i had first comp jitters. after a few matches i should be doing better.

i know if i would have had boomershooter swag, i would have done better. its a proven fact; the first and second place shooters at my match were wearing bs hats.

You had a great first match ever. You didn't shoot anyone, you were very safe and did really good. you are right though you seemed in a hurry.

and i sport the BOOMERSHOOTER hat everywhere not just matches.

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
What conversion did u get?
It is the Advantage Arms. Heard too much bad stuff about the Ceiner. Mine is the LE model with addjustable sights. On paper, the only down side I can see so far is that they only make 10 rd magazines. They have applied for approval to make higher cap mags, but being a California company, I wouldn't hold my breath.
This Thursday if the day at the range, so I will be posting late thursday or over the weekend. Will be tied up working and travelling all day Friday.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I started shooting IPSC/USPSA in March of 2010, but my first serious match was the Single Stack Nationals this year. And yes, Boomer Shooter was a major factor the decision to compete in that event. I am D class and I wanted to score at least 40%. I met my goal at 40.35% It was a great learning experience and fun.

Thanks to the BS members for all your support, encouragement and solidarity. I love shooting pistols. Two years ago I was still afraid of the darn things even though I had been an active shotgunner and rifle hunter all my life.

This fall I want to kill a deer or wild pig with a pistol. I have already sent many an armadillo to their happy grubbing grounds in the sky.

Tally ho!

The Duck

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I got to shoot part of the last Stage at the match on Sunday night @ H&H.
Thank you Mitch for asking if I wanted to shoot that little bit after everyone finished, and for running the timer.
I will be back to try the entire match next time. :)
Thank you to Chase and the other guys that answered my endless questions.

It was fun to watch but funner to try the one small part I got to try.

RN&TULSAFIREMAN

Active Fanatic
I voted. Thanks to BS and my wife, we will be shooting our first 3GUN match at USSA on the 25th. Y'all dont laugh too loud at us OK? :)

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Shot a mini palma and .22 silhouette match when I was about 15 or so did well, but that didn't just grab a hold of me. What really got me into competitive shooting was the Sergeant Major match in 2005 and the fact that I won novice. Then the small arms training team was nice enough supply ammo every tuesday evening and gave me lots of tips, advice, and training. Had tons of fun shooting state, regional, and national matches. Shot my first action match in 2009.

RN&TULSAFIREMAN

Active Fanatic
Awesome! Let us know if you need any gear.

Thanks Jesse! We've got an M-4 style 16" AR with a red dot on it, Glock 35 & FN SLP. She ordered us shot shell holders for our belts so hopefully we'll get them in time for Sunday. Not sure if this is the place to ask but does anyone have an opinion on the DPMS 3G1 rifles?

jtischauser

Thanks Jesse! We've got an M-4 style 16" AR with a red dot on it, Glock 35 & FN SLP. She ordered us shot shell holders for our belts so hopefully we'll get them in time for Sunday. Not sure if this is the place to ask but does anyone have an opinion on the DPMS 3G1 rifles?

The 3G1 is a great rifle but I prefer the new Stag Arms 3G. I will have one of the prototypes at the match Sunday. You're welcome to shoot it if you want.

StagArms3GunRifle-1.jpg

Latest posts