Your First Match

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

• Total voters

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
I can give BS the satisfaction of getting me out to my first multi-gun match but had to vote 11+ from previous comps in other disciplines

Edit: when my Nordic gets here and I get a lower together I will be glad to let the youngsters have a crack at it.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I shot my first match because of yall guys. I had alot of fun, and it was nice to get to meet alot of the BoomerShooter guys. But because of yall, I have already bought another gun that I wouldn't have normally, and I am saving to get another.

imacgyver

Founding Member
I purchased my first handgun in hopes of training to compete. Chambers told me about BS. I went to my first match and actually competed because of Jesse. I learned a heck of a lot at the match. It's really a great way to see how your equipment handles high stress environment and how you handle it. My main focus has always been safety, so I was glad to see how controlled these events are. Now my nerves are gone, I have not made any adjustments to my handgun and am ready for another round. I just need to know when and where!

I know that I will do much better, especially knowing what to expect and how to perform.

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I purchased my first handgun in hopes of training to compete. Chambers told me about BS. I went to my first match and actually competed because of Jesse. I learned a heck of a lot at the match. It's really a great way to see how your equipment handles high stress environment and how you handle it. My main focus has always been safety, so I was glad to see how controlled these events are. Now my nerves are gone, I have not made any adjustments to my handgun and am ready for another round. I just need to know when and where!

I know that I will do much better, especially knowing what to expect and how to perform.

It looks like there is a action pistol match in Shawnee this Sunday. I am gonna find out what it is all about and go out and shoot it. You ought to come out

imacgyver

Founding Member
I shot my first big match today - It was awesome, Clasics, Metros, Steel, Poppers, classifiers and a Texas star - OMG

jspeligene

Well-Known Fanatic
Who else shot their first match this weekend?
I got started by BS. Found out about it when I went to watch the Feb match at Heartland. Went to Davids handgun class...very helpful. Shot my first match 3/6 at HL. Finished like 27th out of 48. Shot my second match last night & just tried not to have any penalties....big improvement. Had a blast. I appreciate the way you post the results, including the .xls file. I'm going to use it to track my performance as I shoot more matches.
Thanks to all who've offered encouragement.
Jeff

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I got started by BS. Found out about it when I went to watch the Feb match at Heartland. Went to Davids handgun class...very helpful. Shot my first match 3/6 at HL. Finished like 27th out of 48. Shot my second match last night & just tried not to have any penalties....big improvement. Had a blast. I appreciate the way you post the results, including the .xls file. I'm going to use it to track my performance as I shoot more matches.
Thanks to all who've offered encouragement.
Jeff
which jeff are you??

PDN

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been Hunting and shooting for years but have never shot competitely. I attended David E's handgun class on Easter Sunday and had a great time... Learned a lot...and met some good people. They all suggested this site and the rest is history. It seems like a great community of people. I'm planning to shoot the HL match this Sunday. It will be my first match.

-Paul

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Awesome!!! I look forward to seeing you Sunday Paul. Just remember your first several matches are a competition with yourself. Don't get hung up on what everybody else is doing. It takes at least 3-4 to get comfortable with the proceedures and figure out the scoring.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Changed my vote from "plan to" to "Yes" shot my first matches ever due to the good folks here at BooomerShooter. Been to two Heartland matches and have had a great time, and will continue to do so.

dennishoddy

I guess I've been shooting competitvely for many years, as its always a competition to get the first shot off on a quail flush ;)

The first official IPSC match was about 2 years ago. Started shooting it, as it was a good way to get in lots of shooting, as well as learning how to run the gun under pressure.
Getting some re-training from the military days on reloads, clearing jams, etc was first in my priority.
I will say this, shooting this disclipine goes way beyond what the military teaches you. WAY BEYOND.
After active duty, I spent 8 years in the reserves as a Drill Sgt. Learned a lot about field stripping the 1911 on a table, and taught the same to those I trained. Actual training at the range, with the 1911 was rudimentary. Point and pull the trigger. Round count was considered training.
I hated the 1911 when I was in. They were all worn out, and inaccurate.
Years later, took the plunge and got back into it. I love that platform now. :D

Since, I've bought guns/optics just to compete.
I'm probably not as much into it as some, but its what I look forward to on weekends. :D

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
i plan to start shooting matches. i would have shot this past weekend if the match wasnt cancelled. cant really say its 'because' of this website. just something i want to do.

Feegee

The Magic Man
When I first started shooting (not to long ago ) I thaught everyone was going to be stuck up like at outdoor America but I was wrong everyone was helpful and jesse really helped me at a h&h match and was cool about it and very nice so thank you Jesse, and I am sure I will bug you a lot more in the future, and I wish you could help me with putting pics on BS I am also computer stupid.

Latest posts