Your First Match

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

• Total voters

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I voted that I have been shooting matches for 1-2 years. That only equals about 5 matches. I grew up shooting at the range or the river with my dad and brother. It wasn't all the time, maybe 3-4 times a year, but I always wanted something a little more action oriented.

GoldenBear

Fanatic
of course about the only pistol I have right now is my sr9c and I am lacking some gear for it...

Bring what you got, shoot what ya brung.

I'm shooting a Glock subcompact. It's not the gun that's holding back my performance.

Get a holster. Get a couple more magazines. Go play. :D

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i started shooting matches about 7 months ago, i showed up at a heartland match (by myself, didn't know anyone) and just started asking a bunch of random people every question i had... it has been great, i need something to compete in since my knees aren't going to last forever and although i still play basketball and football i know i can't for the next 30 years, i hate golf, so that was out, so this is the perfect sport.... everyone that does at least one match seems to really enjoy it (it is 10x better than shooting at the range by yourself)... i haven't really met any jerks yet, everyone has been really cool..

Bubber

Well-Known Fanatic
My first match was in the summer of 1975. Back then it was called Combat Steel, put on by the local Police Department. I had a 6 shot Taurus with no speed loaders, I would put groups of six round in various pockets and ran the course. On my second match a month later they suggested that I needed speed loaders to speed up my times. One guy had a few and said "These may fit your revo", then stopped and said " I know they will fit this one" and gave me his Revo to shoot. I never saw him again until after the match I went looking for him to give him back his stuff. And because of the way I was treated at that match :rolleyes: whenever I can help out a new shooter I will try my best to get him what he needs, if I am able, to shoot the match and have some fun. Just my story and I'm sticking to it. :D later rdd

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
I have not shot in a match yet but am extremely interested from watching you guys and reading your posts. Visited my local group about shooting with them and will probably get ready for their next match in a month I believe. Gotta get some new toys for this endeavor. So time to do some research and ask some questions. Thanks guys

BTW Brandon just sen me a link to the match that was recently shot in Texas and those guys were definitely focused

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
My first match was last night at Heartland. It was amazing. Heartland has a really, really nice range, but some trouble with the target tracks it seemed. I'll be back.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I used to shoot CMP and with some Youth programs back years and years ago...then Life got in the way.

When I moved to Oklahoma I was looking for something to do... and realized this is the hot bed of organized shooting.

So ...if you ad a "kinda" in your poll I'd check that.

BuddyJ

Active Fanatic
Wish the poll had a "Haven't done it (yet)" option. I want to. Just trying to figure out what more I need and what event would be close to me.

BuddyJ

Active Fanatic
Thanks!
I-voted-sticker.jpg

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Dr Mitch, if you don't get yourself an avatar, I am going to make you shoot first in every stage next month

My first match was last night at Heartland. It was amazing. Heartland has a really, really nice range, but some trouble with the target tracks it seemed. I'll be back.