Your First Match

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

• Total voters

cyprant

Active Fanatic
My first match was a USPSA classifier match. I shot 39.xx% making me a D class shooter.
I hopped around different divisions so that D class in Production is my only classification. I will be shooting another classifier in April and hope I can make B... we'll see.

Tomdoughman

Active Fanatic
Ok, I finally pull the trigger and did my first match last night at heartland. Almost cracked the top 10 in low capacity class. Seriously, it was a great time and something I look forward to doing again.

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm shooting my first 3 gun match this Saturday. Am I ready, NO. I have no shot shell caddies, my AR is as stock as one can be. Shooting at 225 yards with iron sights will be fun. But you know what, I'm going to have fun and I'm going to learn a lot. Will let you know how it turn out.

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot my first 3 Gun Match today. It started with shotgun and then moved to rifle. Between the 2 stages was only 20 yards. My heart was pounding out of my chest and breathing was off the chart. The rest of the stages were better but I was so excited to play. Hope I never lose that feeling.

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got the results on my first 3 Gun match. 2nd place in TO out of 26 shooters. 2nd on stage 1, 3rd on stage 2, 2nd on stage 3 and 5th on stage 4. Stage 4 had a Texas star at 100 yds (that I have never shot). 1st had 481.6 points and I had 423.3. Hit factor of 87.8

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
JeffH said:
Just got the results on my first 3 Gun match. 2nd place in TO out of 26 shooters. 2nd on stage 1, 3rd on stage 2, 2nd on stage 3 and 5th on stage 4. Stage 4 had a Texas star at 100 yds (that I have never shot). 1st had 481.6 points and I had 423.3. Hit factor of 87.8
And I'm just hoping to not leave a trail of shotshells....dayum!

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
JeffH said:
So that Kurt Miller course really was worth it!!!

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
My first exposure to shooting sports was by accident. I happened to be at the collin county gun range In texas during a IDPA match. I watched one match and was hooked. I shot there about two months and took a two day class at texas defensive shooting academy. Those two days improved my game by 200%.

Jared Lyden

Well-Known Fanatic
I just shoot my first USPSA match on the 17th January 2014 in Wichita, KS. I must say I had a blast. I messed up a couple of times but, I still had a blast. Also on the positive side, I did not place last either, so I felt really good about that. I want to shoot this Friday night but I need to same my ammo and money for the GSSF match on the 25th of the month. Thanks Boomershooter and my patrol captain for introducing me to the shooting sports. Also thanks to Wichita Pracital Pistol Club for having me out on Friday night.

Sean Satterlee

Fanatic
So I shot today in my first match unofficially, it was nicely called a train wreck. However, I got to meet some super cool people, talk weapons platforms, and realize that 3gun is NOTHING like precision matches.

StrifeWolfe

New Fanatic
I'm about to compete on this coming Sunday's USSA Steel Challenge (02-03-2014). I'm a nervous, anxious, and excited but after watching the 3 Gun matches a couple of times now I think I'm ready to kick some ass and make the best of my first time. Who knows, I might one day give Max Michel a run for his money.

Unionman

Active Fanatic
I have been shooting for right at a year! Love this sport and the people on Boomer Shooter seem to be awesome. Relatively new to all of this!

wkent

Well-Known Fanatic
Shot my first 3 gun match Sunday 11th at Birchwood Recreation & Shooting Park http://brspclub.com Alaska. Used Jesse's gear list as reference for ammo. So boomershooter was an influence. Had a great time with the other dozen or so shooters including 11yr old girl. My CZ712 didn't like the Remington STS shot I had from 10 years ago, and I need to work on my stability with rifle at long ranges.

See club calendar for events if you are visiting Alaska. Shoot year round so if you're here in winter layer up and have insulated boots.

Michael J said:
Mine will be this Sunday at H&H, if I follow thru it will be directly due to info found on this forum. I will wait until Monday to click your survey.
4 years mikey. Congrats

Scott_S

Well-Known Fanatic
I got hooked on the bug back in the day but couldn't fully fund my addiction till this year. Carl Frazier and Kelly Campbell are the guys I shoot with in Ada. As with everything the more you do it the better you get.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I shot my first match in 2014 maybe. Could have been 13. Anyway I shot one. I shot SS major and sucked. I shoot limited major now and still suck. Probably has something to do with showing up and no work put in leading up to the match.

Latest posts