The discussion that happens at least once a week at work

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
1911s, Revolvers and CZ clones for me. I have 2 polymer left in the vault. A S&W 380 EZ and a S&W .22 Compact. One belongs to the wife, the other if for my boys to shoot .22. That's it.
We have a couple plastic fantastics yet too, but I have a Kframe bonanza to go with the 1911's and HI powers :cool:

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
for me it's 1911's in a variety of brands, sizes & calibers...
S&W is my choice for my revolvers... ( & a few older Ruger single & dbl actions )
Otherwise, it's Sig Sauer for my non-1911 autoloaders ( with a few CZ's for variety)
There are others I own, but rarely shoot..probably should sell them. ;) :eek:

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to admit I did finally buy a gen 5 Block19 during the plandemic for the two reasons listed below. I did end up shooting a couple mags through it two weeks ago after having it for two years!
1. You couldn't find a gun in stock anywhere during the initial run on gun stores and I found it for a good price (even better than pre plandemic) Easy to flip and could be worth way more if **** went to hell worse than it did. Still an easy sell for a profit of a few bucks now that things seem to have settled down a bit in the firearm supply chain
2. Everyone, everywhere knows what it is and you can find parts anywhere to keep it running.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice. So you double daily carry? You must have hips like Mae West. So, not quite comparable to the GLACK, but they are pretty. More like "better than a 1911" if you must be so bold.
It's my bedside gun, however, Without the extra large magwell, it's no bigger than the 5" 1911 I have on my hip right now. So, yeah, makes a Glock look like the plastic toy that it is.

TexasTony

Fanatic
It's my bedside gun, however, Without the extra large magwell, it's no bigger than the 5" 1911 I have on my hip right now. So, yeah, makes a Glock look like the plastic toy that it is.
Yeah, I will always take my "plastic toy" for real work, as I have for over 25+ years with over 30K+ rounds through them.
Now, if I'm going to a special event like a wedding, bar mitzvah, or quinceanera--something super low-threat--maybe my 1911 LW Dan Wesson Commander with fancy grips.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I will always take my "plastic toy" for real work, as I have for over 25+ years with over 30K+ rounds through them.
Now, if I'm going to a special event like a wedding, bar mitzvah, or quinceanera--something super low-threat--maybe my 1911 LW Dan Wesson Commander with fancy grips.
I don't own a polymer gun. I used to have a very large collection of them. Never owned a Glock and never will. You see a Glock in my hand its because I am dead and someone planted it there. Sold all my polymer off and bought all steel frames. There is nothing that a polymer gun can provide that my steel frames don't except a cheap price tag. My steel frames do all the work. Quite frankly, 30K rounds would last me about 6 months. I could also care less what you carry. You do what you feel is best for you and your budget. I just enjoy picking on Glock fan boys.

TexasTony

Fanatic
Hmmm Budget? Not really a concern for me but what I am authorized to carry is. Choices are limited, but as far as POWs go, and based on real experience--and being an armorer for Sig, HK, Glock, and Beretta--well I choose Glock. God, yes it is ugly but I also do own and shoot steel, aluminimum, and plastic framed firearms privately so I guess I am more experienced than you in this regard since you refuse to own plastic?

But wow! At 60,000 rounds a year (5,000 a month), you must be a professional shooter?
So if you don't carry a weapon professionally--or are a professional instructor-- you must shoot all these at a range or competions, yes? So do you reload your own, or are you sponsored to afford your ammo useage? Most builders don't have time to pump a lot of rounds tho? Also--as far as insulting my 'budget' aren't you the one selling a bunch of 1911s?

I will NEVER sell any of my GLOCKS or 1911s.

Last edited:

TexasTony

Fanatic
So, if you are an instructor or competitor, I will gladly take your class b/c I want to learn from you. With such bold statements I feel compelled.
Just let me know the state, date, times you run your range, place, cost, and expected ammo needs. I am free in March 2023++

Last edited:

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Budget? Not really a concern but what I am authorized to carry is. Choices limited--so based on experience, and being an armorer for Sig, HK, Glock, and Beretta I choose Glock. God, yes it is ugly but I do own and shoot steel, aluminimum, and plastic framed tools so I guess I am more experienced than you in this regard? But wow! At 60,000 rounds a year (5,000 a month), you must be a professional shooter? So if you don't carry a weapon professionally, or are a professional instructor-- you must shoot all these at a range or competion-- Yes? Do you reload or are you sponsored? Curious want to learn what I can from you?
Not a pro, I just average over 60 handguns in my collection at any given time and a private range. I reload about 30+ cartridges. I spend about $30k/yr or more in ammo and I keep at least a year supply on hand at all times. So when it gets nuts like it did in 2020, I have ammo.

More experienced? Hard to say. I put more ammo down range in the last 4 years than most people will ever shoot in their entire lives. I'm not a gun smith, nor a pro shooter, but i can hold my own.

My neighbor claims the most amazing shot he's ever seen was the one and only time I ever fired a Glock. One of his friends brought it out. We were sitting at a picnic table 65 yards from the target (it was directly behind me). I was teasing the Glock guy a little. He was blaming his handloads for his poor shooting. That and they wouldn't let up until I fired it. So from my seated position, I picked it up fired it at an 8" plate over my left shoulder and nailed it. Set it back on the table and told him his ammo was fine. He still tells that story . I still won't buy a Glock.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I guess I'm getting ready to be picked on, I've got 15-16 Glocks, 8 1911's, love them all, different ones for different competitions, oh I forgot, they aren't Glocks, their Blocks or Glacks, guess that's what the cool kids call them, I remember those nicknames bein kinda funny 20 years ago

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I guess I'm getting ready to be picked on, I've got 15-16 Glocks, 8 1911's, love them all, different ones for different competitions, oh I forgot, they aren't Glocks, their Blocks or Glacks, guess that's what the cool kids call them, I remember those nicknames bein kinda funny 20 years ago
Its only teasing brother. its a Ford Chevy kinda banter. Stay cool man.

TexasTony

Fanatic
So as an extensive, private, hobby shooter/reloader, by shooting it on once (where it did everything you asked for), gave you the thorough conclusion that it was junk?

Gotcha.

Could you not just simply state you personally don't care for the Glock? That I can completely understand and is a completely reasonable statement.

Last edited:

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
So as an extensive, private, hobby shooter/reloader, by shooting it on once (where it did everything you asked for), gave you the thorough conclusion that it was junk?
Had to take a shower after that. Made me feel all dirty.

Are you suggesting that my statement is untrue? I'm pretty sure it'll do everything your plastic Glock will do and still do it better. Is this somehow based on your extensive experience with Italian race guns? I'm more inclined to believe your tighy whities are on too tight.

Latest posts