The discussion that happens at least once a week at work

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
" I personally don't care for the Glocks"... or any polymer framed pistol I've tried.

Though I tried a couple, ( a 21 & a 22, + a 9mm conversion barrel for the 22) )
I tried to get to like them, shot them enough to discover. I'm a real-steel pistol lover.

Don't like polymer frames, or even like aluminum or alloy frames. ( though they seem acceptable on the Sigs I own )
I also tried a Walther PPS 2 , as another attempt to get familiar with polymer framed pistols.
Though it feels great in my hand, don't like shooting it very much.

I Sold my DW 9mm Guardian 'cause I didn't like it's "feel" or "balance", of it's aluminum frame.
Considered buying & building a real steel frame for it, instead I bought a Bul Cmdr. in 9mm,
which was what I wanted, & the Guardian was sold.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
" I personally don't care for the Glocks"... or any polymer framed pistol I've tried.

Though I tried a couple, ( a 21 & a 22, + a 9mm conversion barrel for the 22) )
I tried to get to like them, shot them enough to discover. I'm a real-steel pistol lover.

Don't like polymer frames, or even like aluminum or alloy frames. ( though they seem acceptable on the Sigs I own )
I also tried a Walther PPS 2 , as another attempt to get familiar with polymer framed pistols.
Though it feels great in my hand, don't like shooting it very much.

I Sold my DW 9mm Guardian 'cause I didn't like it's "feel" or "balance", of it's aluminum frame.
Considered buying & building a real steel frame for it, instead I bought a Bul Cmdr. in 9mm,
which was what I wanted, & the Guardian was sold.
Bul 1911's are such a great value, you will never be sorry you got one

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
"The toys they are."
I have since corrected. To me toys are synonymous with items not to be taken seriously, i.e. it's junk. Correct, not your words though--I apologize for the wording misuse.
That's why I don't buy Glock. They feel like toys in the hand. When I did own polymer, I collected Springfields. I had quite a few actually. I had lots of others too but I actually collected Springfield. Long as it goes bang, it'll get you out of a jam. That's what they are for.

TexasTony

Fanatic
Springfield plastics? A toy gun. Only shot one once though and it jammed. So... I got that going for my opinions :D

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Springfield plastics? A toy gun. Only shot one once though so... I got that going for my opinions :D
I've shot one, it was not bad. Fit my hand far better than my Glocks did, before I had a grip reduction done. I still favor the 17 over the 19, because the grip reduction feels better. I do carry the 19, but I'd prefer to carry the 17. The difference in the feel to me is because of the full size grip on the 17, the 19 has a shorter grip, and to me it feels a touch larger. Reason for carrying the 19 over the 17? Grip length is more than a full size 1911 because of the ridge (for lack of a better word) on the bottom of the Glock 17 mag, it prints bad for me. For the record I am somewhere around 5'8" depending on the day, and how sore my back is that day. I weigh approx 158# and of course small frame, small hands. !911's, and Hi Powers with slim grips are my favorites, and I do carry those time to time. Either pancake holster, or IWB. As I've said before, the gun I carry most is a satin nickel 442 with semi wadcutters in it. One of my favorite things about this group is the diversity of it. I also treasure the comradery of it. Stay safe all. God Bless the USA!

TexasTony

Fanatic
I hear hear on the internet that 4-pound Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod guns are better than real combat & street proven as carry pistols anyway.
If you gotta go plastix, gotta go with the Spingyz. Superioz design, Grip Zonez, higher bore axis for better controlz... you know.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
I hear hear on the internet that 4-pound Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod guns are better than real combat & street proven as carry pistols anyway.
REEEALLY? Here I thought the 1911 held that title… in which the CZ was modeled after… pick a fight you can win…

And the Springfield XD model is also known as the HS2000 which has been a military issue for the Croatian military since its design, which by the way beat the pants off the Glock in its touted over the beach test.

TexasTony

Fanatic
LOL. And sure, the best Croat pistol in the world is--wait for it--the one made by Croatian military. To prove it is a 'toy' (by your philosopy) it even tells you where to put your hand. Sorry, bub.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
LOL. And sure, the best Croat pistol in the world is--wait for it--the one made by Croatian military. To prove it is a 'toy' (by your philosopy) it even tells you where to put your hand. Sorry, bub.
Idk, as far as toys go, I'd put one against a Glock any day of the week. Alas, I have neither.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
But wait, I do still have Springfields, 7 actually, 6 1911s and a 911.

It's past my nap time… stay cool…

Last edited:

TexasTony

Fanatic
Pay attention, son.
Never said Glock was the best. You said it was a toy, which is your unfounded opinion.
So, I differed. Hence, the vibrant discussion here based on your unfounded opinion, and now it seems you have a thing for CZ/steel and plastics.
Could care less other than exposing your opinion as having no basis in fact--that the Glock is a 'toy' thereby junk, and not meant to be taken seriously as adults would. The rest was me getting you to work it all out in front of everyone (the three readers still glued to this thread, LOL).

And yes, Ive been issued or purchased for duty carry Smiths, Berettas, Glocks and Sigs (metal & plastic) in 9mm and .40 and an FI and armorer for all (and own many other pistols, calibers, etc) since 1998. They all have pros and cons but somethings do come to the surface when you have several hundred/thousands of 'students' you are training do tend to notice ;)

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know who you as calling son there sparky pants but I consider plastic guns throw away toys. Sorry if that hurts your fragile ego but there it is. You can keep kickin and wailing that it isn't so, but it is.

I don't care what you've been issued. It's still a gun, it'll still get the job done but at the end of the day it's still a cheap plastic gun issued to you because it met the baseline requirements and it was cheap. Somewhere along the lines that went over your head. So you keep shooting your cheap plastic toy and I hope you think of me every time you do, cause I'm still laughing about how upset you got about your bruised ego.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
On another note, since this conversation has gotten to personal attacks, I'm going to be the bigger man and am bowing out before it gets bad.

Latest posts