The discussion that happens at least once a week at work

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
I was thinking more about this and I really think it all depends on what you have trained the most with, shot the most and are more familiar with. I have spent the greater majority of my time training seriously with Glocks, but I appreciate the SA trigger of the 1911 (none are better). I think if however I had spent all my time with the 1911 platform, I would find Glocks enormously dissatisfying in comparison.

I think the MOST important thing is whatever you choose to carry: train, train, train and be prepared.

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
Now I see why one of our members was banned from the other site.....................Just itching for an argument.

It is just a matter of time. There is no escaping that conclusion.

For Open carry when I am at the ranch one of 3 really--a Gemini Customs 10mm 1811, Gemini Customs Ruger Alaskan 454 or the Sig Legion 226. For CC a Gemini SP101 or a Cabot 38 super Lwt Commander or a Cabot 10mm Commander :)..

Last edited:

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of G48's, I'm taking the wife and one of our sons to the gun club on the coast I was finally able to join after a two year wait. She'll get to run the G48 I just bought for her, and she doesn't know yet she's going to be running some 1911's with me and the boy. One of them I'm giving him for graduation soon that was my dad's.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
If you want firepower, go with a Glock.If you want perfection, go with a 1911.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
Just kidding around, but if this comes up every week, then the answer is - it's the 1911 + The Lone Ranger!
He solved the problem with 2 holsters and 2 six guns, for a total of 12 rounds. Do that with some nice looking 1911's and you don't even need to ever think about glock triggers, or sights, or....
Hi-ho Silver - away!

Last edited:

Sneaky One

Well-Known Fanatic
My favorite handguns are my 1911's. If I walk out to go to battle I carry a glock

Rusty Guns

Active Fanatic
This is the right place for me to get into.
I like both Glocks and 1911s. Beretta 92 SF as far as that goes. I have sold or traded off all my 1911s, and all I have now is Glocks, in 9mm, 40cal, 45Acp, and an Advantage Arms 22cal Conversion, on a GlockG-17 dedicated frame.
The last of my 1911s, was a Rock Island Compact, about the same size as my G-23 40cal. I have two Glocks in 45, a G-41, 5" barell, and A G-30S same size as the 23/19.
I have The four carry size, 19, 23, 30S, & 43X I know others carry larger and smaller but that is what I like.
I am thinking about another Rock Island Commander size.
Just because I miss my 1911s.

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
This is the right place for me to get into.
I like both Glocks and 1911s. Beretta 92 SF as far as that goes. I have sold or traded off all my 1911s, and all I have now is Glocks, in 9mm, 40cal, 45Acp, and an Advantage Arms 22cal Conversion, on a GlockG-17 dedicated frame.
The last of my 1911s, was a Rock Island Compact, about the same size as my G-23 40cal. I have two Glocks in 45, a G-41, 5" barell, and A G-30S same size as the 23/19.
I have The four carry size, 19, 23, 30S, & 43X I know others carry larger and smaller but that is what I like.

I am thinking about another Rock Island Commander size.
Just because I miss my 1911s.

Wishing you the best to redeem yourself with a 1911...

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Just wonder why you rarely see a single stack STI mentioned my Trogan shoots as well as anything I own and better than most. I know of 3-4 personally that have them and all agree, I did know one who did not like his only reason was that it did not hold enough ammo.