Here are some of my other rifles...

PAP M70
normal_IMG_0686_small.jpg

My AR, such as it is: (LMT MRP)
normal__MG_1916.jpg

normal__MG_1918.jpg

With the ACOG (TA-11H)
normal__MG_1955.jpg

My SKS... Someday I hope to get a good Russian one of these.
normal_DSCN0340.JPG

The LMT side by side with the Armalite AR-10
normal__MG_2198.jpg

The AR's and PAP-M70 are NY legal variants with pre-ban mags. Which were legal in NY up until Mid-January this year. The AR-10 only has 10 round mags since there are no pre-ban mags available for that model that I could find. In fact since Armalite at the time was using a different style mag than pretty much any other brand (Modified from M-14 Mags) they're still hard to come by now that I live in a free state. I may actually sell the AR-10 or trade it in one something else I am not sure. Right now the fact that I still have a fair amount of NATO surplus ammo for it keeps me from doing so in today ammo market.

The LMT I need to change out the rear stock for one that actually adjusts. I may also swap out the barrel for something with threads on it. That's not nearly as important to me as replacing the non-functioning buttstock.

I have actually purchased a few plastic Mags for the PAP-M70 and LMT since I have arrived in the south. I have a 20 round P-Mag for the LMT and I bought a couple 30 round IO Inc mags for the M70 just because I could. I did also manage to get my grubby hands on a few normal capacity mags for my Glock 19 to replace the NYer 10 rounders it came with. Only someone who has lived in NY (or a similar state) and then moved to a free state can truly understand the sudden feeling of being really free that I feel right now.

MCA

Well-Known Fanatic
jfeenin what a great set of rifles! I am in love with the ACOG. I had a chance to shoot with one a few times on a fellow members surpressed AR and it is simply awesome. Hope you find some time to throw lead down range with them all!

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Jfeenin, nice rifles! My dad has an LMT rifle (that I was going to buy but be wanted it more lol ) and its sweet.

Looking at the eye relief on the TA-11...I've got the J model. It seems like its WAY far back based on how the AR platform is designed. I bet if you moved it forward about 2" you'd be a lot happier with it once you got accustomed to the change. Either way it looks awesome and I'm sure it's dead on, but it's an eye relief/shooter geometry thing.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
It is way back, then again so is the stock which is different than most people use them as well. Although yes it can probably go a bit forward even from this setup. I will definitely try more positions, especially once I get the buttstock situation fixed. The worst thing about the buttstock is that the inside tube is longer than std as well which means I have to replace the whole buffer tube and perhaps the buffer and/or buffer spring as well.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
I am not sue that would work on the LMT. The MRP LMT's do not use a standard AR barrel. Someone here suggested having the current one threaded which seems like an awesome idea to me. I love the rifle, the monolithic upper is real nice but it requires a different barrel which kind of reduces my options for replacements. I know a couple people make/adapt barrels for these rifles besides LMT but they are certainly the minority compared to std milspec barrel setups.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah that was my thinking... I think that would be cheaper too. But definitely thanks for the suggestions. The back end I think will be a lot easier to change out. I think my next AR will be a build it myself option. I think there's a lot to be learned from doing that sort of thing.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
OK, with the help (well actually it was less help and more of they did all the work) of a couple members here I met this past weekend my NY-ized LMT has a great start on its path to being cured of those ills. :) A great afternoon... I do love South Carolina! :D

normal__MG_4395.jpg

normal__MG_4400.jpg

GreenBlood10

Active Fanatic
This is a Remington Model 700 in .30-06 that I've been working on for the past year. Slowly been piecing together a nice little shooter. Sorry about the foot in the photo... :lol:

78cd.jpg

Stock: B&C Tactical Medalist Style 2
Mount: Holland's Perfect Picatinny Rail
Rings: Leupold QRW
Scope: Leupold VXIII 3-9X40mm w/ M1 Turrets
Accessories: KRG Bolt lift, Blackhawk Sportster Swivel Bipods, Holland's Scope level, Butler Creek Scope covers

I am in the process of ordering a Timney rifle flat trigger to finish off the small stuff. Then the last big thing will be removing the sporter barrel and putting on a match grade barrel. I was shooting today at 100YD and it was putting hand loads a tiny bit bigger than the diameter of a penny.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice 700. I bet she shoots great. I took the liberty of "defooting" your picture in PhotoShop for ya. It's real easy with a repetitive background like that.

78cd.jpg

Hope ya like it....

Joe

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
Quite welcome. I know it's OT but... For a free photo editing program that is pretty capable try paint.net which you can get from getpaint.net. It's totally free and can do what most people need and then some.

slidewayz240sx

Active Fanatic
Between my wife and I we have a few rifles, but here are mine.

Ruger American in 30-06 with Custom Witt Machine Bolt on Muzzle Brake.

1170931_10151573999246519_1924719228_n.jpg

and my Sig 556 above my EDC

988263_10151521623591519_595696246_n.jpg

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
GreenBlood10 said:
^^ Awesome job, thank you! I keep telling myself I need to get Photoshop one of these days.

Thanks again.

GB

How do you like the B&C stock? I have thought about getting this one for my Rem 700 but I am WAY new to the 700 series:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/486263 ... etic-black

But I read a review from a guy who said his accuracy measurably decreased. I want something that will keep it THE SAME or a tiny bit better, while improving the fit and feel. Do the B&C stocks require any modification or does everything just drop right in??

Nice rifle...I'll get pics of my 700 up here soon.

GreenBlood10

Active Fanatic
11B3XCIB said:
How do you like the B&C stock? I have thought about getting this one for my Rem 700 but I am WAY new to the 700 series:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/486263 ... etic-black

But I read a review from a guy who said his accuracy measurably decreased. I want something that will keep it THE SAME or a tiny bit better, while improving the fit and feel. Do the B&C stocks require any modification or does everything just drop right in??

Nice rifle...I'll get pics of my 700 up here soon.

I absolutely love it. This is the first bolt action gun I've owned, outside of a pair of 91/30's. I'm typically an AK and pistol guy, but I decided to venture out and work on a nice bolt gun.

When I started this project, I spoke to a bunch of different gunsmiths and many of them had nothing but great things to say about the Medalist line from B&C. My stock wasn't a drop in just because it needed to be converted from ADL to BDL. After that, it was installed in the stock. I didn't have it bedded or anything. Below is a picture of my last range session from 100 yards. I was shooting 150gr BTHP. I was kind of surprised to see that type of group out of a sporter barrel.

jfeenin

Well-Known Fanatic
This is my "pretend I know how to shoot" target rifle. :) It's a Ruger M77 MkII Target in .223. It has a 26" floated heavy barrel, and a 2 stage ~2.25lb trigger. This is the gun I take when I want to go try and relax and try and hit with some sort of accuracy. I do wish it had a tighter twist on the barrel. When I bought this one Ruger was still making the 1:12.

normal__MG_4406.jpg

Latest posts