Prayers needed.......

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
So the hits keep coming for my family.

My father in-law was involved in a car accident on mother's day and suffered a server spinal cord injury. He has had 18 back operations over the last 20 years and a couple vertebrae in his neck were the only place that could bend to absorb the impact. So it bent his spinal cord at a 90° angle and damaged the nerve function of his diaphragm and lungs.

He was removed from life support last night and passed away peacefully with all of his family around him.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
We pray your father in law is in a better place. Sounds like he had a tough 20 years.
And more so, may God's peace be present for you and your spouse, and the surviving family! It's tougher it seems, to lose a loved one on any kind of special day...
Going peacefully, with !oved ones by your side, and for support, is also a blessing!

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
So the hits keep coming for my family.

My father in-law was involved in a car accident on mother's day and suffered a server spinal cord injury. He has had 18 back operations over the last 20 years and a couple vertebrae in his neck were the only place that could bend to absorb the impact. So it bent his spinal cord at a 90° angle and damaged the nerve function of his diaphragm and lungs.

He was removed from life support last night and passed away peacefully with all of his family around him.
sorry to hear this bad news. wish th e best to you and your family as well as his.

SLAM37

Well-Known Fanatic
My gosh, what a hard year this has been for you ... stay strong -- you and yours. I have said a prayer for you and your family.

Dan

Well-Known Fanatic
sorry to hear this. it's been a tough year for you, your wife and family. Thoughts and prayers sent

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Update-

It's been 18 weeks since my wife started treatment. There has been no new tumors but the treatments have not shrunk or eliminated the signs of the melanoma. But my wife has tolerated the treatments well and has very little side effects other then some fatigue the day of treatment and a couple days after.

We met with the oncologist today after doing another CT scan to check the progress since the 12 week scan. He is not hopeful that the current immunotherapy will be affective so he is stopping the current treatment plan to change to a targets therapy. This is designed to shrink and kill the cancer tumors but is not considered a cure as it does not scavenge the entire body from the disease. The targeted therapy is two different prescription meds taken every day so hopefully the side effects of those will be tolerable.

Soybean

New Fanatic
I don't often do this, but one of our own here will need the all support, we'll wishes and prayers we can muster.

I'm not going to get into the details, that is up to the member to announce.

Please post here with all the support you can provide. If someone could post this on Addicts as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers sent.....
Prayers sent and will continue .

Latest posts