Prayers needed.......

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
AZ & Mrs,
Our prayers are definitely for you!
The Lord is risen and alive, and in every moment of every day. As Jesus taught in the Lord's Prayer - Give us this day our daily bread...Matthew 6:11 KJV

So take each day as the gift it is, one day at a time. Treatments are amazing now, so please keep faith, hope and your love alive!
My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago. Had been cancer free for years, and then one checkup and now it's metastasized into hip bone...God has been, and still is, with us through it all!!!

"Look at the birds of the sky: They don't sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they? Can any of you add a single bit to his height by worrying? And why do you worry about clothes? Learn how the wild flowers of the field grow: they don't labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these! If that's how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, won't He do much more for you — you of little faith? So don't worry, saying, 'What will we eat? ' or 'What will we drink? ' or 'What will we wear? ' Matthew 6:26‭-‬31 HCSB

https://bible.com/bible/
I pray God is with both of you my brother!

deadguy

Active Fanatic
My wife had another appointment today with the oncologist to discuss treatment plans. It looks like she is going to sign up for a clinical trail and has the options of a few different meds.

At this point it looks like a 50% survival rate. Her age and overall health are a big benefit at this stage. The numbers go down drastically with age.
The glass is half full, Mike. Keep fighting.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
For those of you that don't me or my families story here is an update.

My wife was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma in her abdomen two and a half years ago. She had a couple surgeries to remove the surface cancer and lympnodes that were affected. She has been having cat scans every 6 months and blood work done every 90 days. She has been cancer free since then until this week.

At her 2 1/2 year check up and CT scan they found 6 lesions on her liver that measure 3-4.5 cm. So my wife is scheduled for a biopsy on Wednesday next week and we will know more by the end of next week.

Good news for us is there have been some really good advancements in medications and treatments in the last few years since the original diagnosis. My wife is in good spirits and not freaking out until we know for sure what we are dealing with.

Thanks @Bender. Greg and his family know the impact cancer can have and has always been there for me to talk to and get an experienced opinion from. He has been a true blessing to me over the last few years.

Thanks to the rest of you guys for thoughts and prayers. My wife is a very private person and does not share her life on social media or with many people. So I only have a few close people to talk with about these issues so knowing you guys are here is a blessing.

Azpoolguy,
I have seen these requests for prayers and have done so myself. I will pray for you and your wife. Prayers do work. I have faith they will work again. Modern medicine, in conjunction with prayer is a very powerful prescription . I pray for strength, patience , resilience, and healing .. for the two of you.

God Bless you both

Jeff

Bill O’Rights

Active Fanatic
PG:

The Scriptures are full of prescriptions for having God's Peace.

Personally, I tend to lean on The Lord's Prayer and Psalm 23, because they are so perfect. (And frankly, because they are short enough for me to memorize! Lol.)

If I may offer some unsolicited advice: Do lean on your friends and family, too. It's WHY we are friends to our friends and why we have family. Everyone, who loves you and wife, WANTS to help. Let them. You'll be glad you did. After all, you would want your friends to lean on you, if the circumstances were reversed.

You and your wife continue to be in our prayers and our thoughts.

Sincerely -

I don't often do this, but one of our own here will need the all support, we'll wishes and prayers we can muster.

I'm not going to get into the details, that is up to the member to announce.

Please post here with all the support you can provide. If someone could post this on Addicts as well, it would be greatly appreciated.

Prayers sent.....
Most of us have lost too many family members and friends to this dreadful disease. Praying for its victims is healing for them and for us as well. I am doing that. Thanks to all of you who are joining in the prayers.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you every one for the continued support.

My wife had a MRI done on her brain this week and all was clear up top. She will be having a port installed next week and then the fallowing week there are a couple more biopsies of her liver that are needed for the clinical trial.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
Sunday is a perfect day to hear the brain MRI was clear!
We will keep praying for Good news and God's strength and peace for both of you. Let Him carry this load, while you love...

Amen!

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Today is the first day of treatments.

My wife had a port installed a little over a week ago and another liver biopsy last week to get more tissue samples for the clinical trial.

All has been going well other then the port is causing her a lot of pain and discomfort and she is having a hard time sleeping. She is falling asleep fine but can't stay asleep and wakes up and early and starts pondering all that is going on.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
Everyone is different, but when my wife had breast cancer treatment, she would sleep. Praying your wife can too! And that the pain from the port subsides.
She is in God's hands and He does not change; yesterday, today and tomorrow, He will be there...
Faith, hope and love remain!

Last edited:

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
Haven't forgotten. Our best wishes and prayers for your bride and your family. She will win.

Greg6640

Fanatic
Lifting you both up in prayer. Strength, healing and endurance for your wife, discernment and wisdom for the doctors, and peace for you both as walk together through this valley in your lives. Abba Father cares for you.

Dan

Well-Known Fanatic
really sorry to hear this AZ. sending thoughts and prayers to you and the Mrs. May the lord give you both the strength to fight and beat this.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks again for all the well wishes. Things are going ok so far. My wife has had mild side effects to the first two treatments. The 10 week mark will be the first biopsy after the treatments started and will let us know I the treatments are starting to work.

The Crossfit gym my wife and I have been attending for the last 4 years did a 5k run to show support and raise some money to help cover our out of pocket expenses. This was the biggest turn out I have seen for one of their runs. 4853

They also did custom shirts to show support for our family. 48544855

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
Super awesome ^^
It is fantastic what folks can and will do! If she's going every week, it's great to know that friends really mean it when they say, "what can I do to help?"
Don't be afraid to tell them that a meal would be appreciated, or some house cleaning help would be nice. We sure were thankful!

Latest posts