Pistol Caliber Carbine in USPSA?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
Or when the lights get shot out from shrapnel coming out of the berm.
Might be time to clean all the metal out

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Might be time to quit that stupid PCC crap.
so what's the difference of the 9mm coming from a PCC or a pistol?
If you've got bullets ricocheting off of metal (bullets) in the berm media, it's time to sift all the **** out of the berm.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
So, if you were buying a PCC gun right now would you go for a JP or MPX? SBR or Musket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Jp, 16" or 14.5 with a pinned comp. No need for sbr in uspsa pcc, You'll be too jammed up

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
JP for sure. I got the 14.5" on John's (JP) recommendation. With a C-more tactical railway 6moa. I think it's going to be just about perfect.

Btw if anyone needs anything from JP, shoot me a note for a code to save you some coin.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Jp, 16" or 14.5 with a pinned comp. No need for sbr in uspsa pcc, You'll be too jammed up
Tony, what were you were shooting at the last OKC match? Whatever it was looked rock solid as you were shooting it, kind of made me think I might need one.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
TroyDB said:
Tony, what were you were shooting at the last OKC match? Whatever it was looked rock solid as you were shooting it, kind of made me think I might need one.
Jp setup with a 16" barrel. I've since built a 14.5" jp barreled upper. It's pretty badass & about as short as I'd go for uspsa. Anything shorter & you start to get jammed up on the rifle & not as natural & comfortable with your forehand grip.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
TroyDB said:
You certainly need one! They are a hoot. Just went a made a ragged hole at 25 yards off-hand with mine with some hoser ammo I cooked up. The only difference between mine and Tony's is the comp, and I can't imagine either one of them being any flatter, especially with minor ammo.. :) If you want to order one of the JP's, let me know and I can save you a few bucks..

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
You certainly need one! They are a hoot. Just went a made a ragged hole at 25 yards off-hand with mine with some hoser ammo I cooked up. The only difference between mine and Tony's is the comp, and I can't imagine either one of them being any flatter, especially with minor ammo.. :) If you want to order one of the JP's, let me know and I can save you a few bucks..
I'll have to check on some prices and what I have. This was not in my plans, but it's very tempting. Still wouldn't be for USPSA. I just don't shoot enough matches and want to stay with pistol.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I bought a JP. It's been taking up space in the Make Ready Pro shop safe for almost a month. I don't even rember the barrel length anymore but I'm sure it will be lethal whatever it is.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I have been shooting mine to get it ready for tomorrow. It's the most fun gun I have ever shot, and I used to be a 60-gunner in the Air Force. :). It's certainly one you shouldn't try and justify, just do it.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
I bought a JP. It's been taking up space in the Make Ready Pro shop safe for almost a month. I don't even rember the barrel length anymore but I'm sure it will be lethal whatever it is.
It's pretty fun to shoot. Sorry about that small scratch on the side of the receiver. I wanted to try something and it didn't work. I am sure it'll buff out. :)

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I can attest that the JP that Mike has is bad to the bone. Light, sweet handling, killer trigger, runs like a raped ape, and recoils like a rimfire.

Edit: And there's NO WAY that PCC doesn't become a permanent division. It's just too damn much fun...

Latest posts