Pistol Caliber Carbine in USPSA?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I understand the reasoning, however, my dad uses a 16" 9mm beretta storm carbine for steel challenge with no muzzle device at all and in order for the timer to pick it up it has to be within 12 inches of the muzzle. We've used The timers that OKCGC provides, as well as a CED7000 with the same results.

My 7" with suppressor is noticeably louder and much easier to pick up with the timer.

I'm just saying that some testing should be done before ruling out certain things, especially considering that a lot of people get the PCC for the purpose of SBR'ing and suppressing.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Spencer said:
Glock%20M1%20large.jpg
This is all kinds of fugly. But it's kinda cool too...

I dont feel comfortable as an RO running a dude with a carbine. I think I need to wait til uspsa comes out with some NROI additional training.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I hate change. It took me about 5 years to get me up to where I am now with Production, Limited and 3-Gun. I'm not ready for this we're going to have to hold off for a while.

dennishoddy

TroyDB said:
I hate change. It took me about 5 years to get me up to where I am now with Production, Limited and 3-Gun. I'm not ready for this we're going to have to hold off for a while.
That makes you an official fudd.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
That makes you an official fudd.
What did I do to you? I finally had to look it up and I think it is safe to say I don't fit that description.

What I don't like is that this PCC could be shot at any monthly USPSA match? I'm there to competed against people shooting pistols, not rifles...excuse me, "carbines".

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
TroyDB said:
What did I do to you? I finally had to look it up and I think it is safe to say I don't fit that description.

What I don't like is that this PCC could be shot at any monthly USPSA match? I'm there to competed against people shooting pistols, not rifles...excuse me, "carbines".
Ok. So when looking at the results at any other USPSA match you are shooting against those in your same class right? You're not going to be shooting production and wondering why the guys in open scored better overall are you?
Don't worry about what other divisions are doing, pay attention to those in your division.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Ok. So when looking at the results at any other USPSA match you are shooting against those in your same class right? You're not going to be shooting production and wondering why the guys in open scored better overall are you?
Don't worry about what other divisions are doing, pay attention to those in your division.
Actually I do look at other divisions. Isn't it nice to know that if you're shooting production you were able to beat a few guys in Limited? I don't know, maybe I'm the only one, but the PCC division would be a whole other game.

If it ends up happening, I'm not going to go off crying about it, but like I said, I don't like change and that's a personal problem.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
TroyDB said:
Actually I do look at other divisions. Isn't it nice to know that if you're shooting production you were able to beat a few guys in Limited? I don't know, maybe I'm the only one, but the PCC division would be a whole other game.

If it ends up happening, I'm not going to go off crying about it, but like I said, I don't like change and that's a personal problem.
So wouldn't it be nice to know you beat a PCC player?

There's no difference.

Ragnar

New Fanatic
I was one of the ones that shot PCC at the RDS match - I loved it. That said I will still choose to shoot pistol the majority of the time if/when PCC becomes a provisional division. I wanted to shoot my Sig MPX in a match to try it out. While this one is an SBR If I was going to shoot more PCC I would probably get a 16" barrel just so I could take to other matches outside the state without the hassle.

This match had 3 of the 5 stages where we (PCC) had to swap shoulders to shoot a target around the corner - I would not recommend changing any stage design to accommodate PCC, just as you don't now for any other division (within the rules). That said we are thinking/ planning on holding a PCC only match later this year and will probably surpass some the USPSA rules for round count and targets per position but this will be a special match for PCC on an alternate weekend.

shecht

Fanatic
Picking up my Sig MPX this weekend...looking forward to playing with it, heard a lot of good things about it...

Ragner, how did you like shooting the MPX?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Josh Cobb said:
PCC just sounds funny at H&H. It might be the longer barrel, but you can really hear the ricochet when the bullets bounce off the walls.
Or when the lights get shot out from shrapnel coming out of the berm.

Latest posts