Pistol Caliber Carbine in USPSA?

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't want to read through the bazillion pages about this on benos, so I will ask here. Will we have to design stages around the rifles? Like in instances where you have to one handed lean around a wall, or pull a rope with one hand to hold a prop out of the way while shooting with the other hand? I have nothing against the rifles, I think it would be fun, but I don't like having to sacrifice other things for the rifles.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Short answer is no. The PCC division is to be shot on the same COF's as the regular matches today. If anything changes, maybe MD's will move some stuff out past 15 yeards or so, which OKCGC and most of the OK clubs do anyway.. :) The leaning around a wall and rope holding will be there the same..

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Wall said:
This is why I said for kids. Separate division, eliminate the steel from the stage. Put a max age limit of 11 or 13 or something on it.
You probably vote for Sanders and want participation awards at major matches, don't you?? :)
I would love to see a way that my 48lb 10 year old girl could play in this sport without having to try and control a 9mm, but it's pretty tough. Thank goodness for folks like yourself that run SC. Maybe we could see about a kid friendly .22 stage at a local match sometime and see if there is much interest. I would volunteer to run it.. I think we are off track though.. :)

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered a MPX pistol to play with that should be in today. If it works as expected, I'll form 1 it and add a stock to it so I can try it at one of these.

Airic

I shoot.
I really like the idea, sounds fun. There are so many that oppose the new divisions though. We have a CO nats this year but good luck finding a major around here that is going to recognize the division.

If i wanted to shoot CO nats i guess its club matches until I go.

Im guessing there will prob be a PCC nats eventually also. If im gonna spend the money to go to nats i would like to run a couple majors prior to going.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
I would suspect the adoption of PCC is going to much greater and much more rapid than CO.

And Tony, I know you want to try and beat up on a bunch of kids, but dude.... :)
I'm thinking you're correct. I can see it really taking off with a bunch of new shooters coming into USPSA too once all the youtube and Facebook videos start hitting the web.

ltrain7281

Well-Known Fanatic
Just a heads up for everyone, Razorback Dynamic Shooters in NWA shot this past weekend and they actually ran a PCC division. I think they had 3 or 4 shooters that shot PCC, I believe that they called the division Tactical since that is one of your options when you set up a match on Practiscore. I personally think that this will be a great addition to USPSA and has the opportunity to bring out a lot of new shooters. If anyone wants to shoot this at OFGC just let me know and I will setup the division (Tactical) in Practiscore. However, I do not plan on making any special COF adjustments just for the PCC's, examples would be: targets at longer distances just for PCC, if there is a prop that you have to carry or hold or a rope that you have to pull with one hand. Basically what I'm saying is, we are going to setup a practical pistol match but you are more than welcome to shoot it with your PCC.

This division is starting to get a lot attention so hopefully USPSA will set up rules or guidelines and make this a provisional division.

As far as the 22 caliber goes you guys that run other clubs may want to check our OFGC website and look at the 22 Extreme. This sport is basically a Pro-Am style match with all falling steel targets and everything is shot with 22 pistol and rifle. They use a par time on each stage with different par times for rifle and pistol.

ltrain7281 said:
I do not plan on making any special COF adjustments just for the PCC's, examples would be: targets at longer distances just for PCC, if there is a prop that you have to carry or hold or a rope that you have to pull with one hand. Basically what I'm saying is, we are going to setup a practical pistol match but you are more than welcome to shoot it with your PCC.
great philosophy

dennishoddy

mike_pinto said:
Can't do the .22 stuff. Steel would have to be called hits and that changes way too much in USPSA and it kinda takes the D out of DVC... There are plenty of .22 games, we just need to make better friends with the organizations that shoot those games..
our forward falling steel will go down with a .22.
Loved it when one was left standing at the last match and a calibration was called. :D

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
mike cyrwus said:
upper limit. I can shoot nato subgun 9mm 115's at 1650 thru my 18" barrel at your steel?
It's not my steel. If you want to I guess there is no rule stopping you from destroying someone's range equipment, although it might not get you a request to come again. There is no current upper limit on pistol ammunition today, so I don't foresee one in PCC as a 16" barrel will only increase velocity by ~200fps over a 5" barrel.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Loren is correct. There should be no changes in the planning of stages, except maybe supplying a table or something else for the carbine folks if you have an uprange start, but that's about it.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Glock%20M1%20large.jpg

Latest posts