From the Reloading Bench...

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
During this self isolation I'm trying to occupy myself and be a little productive .
Catching up on reloading . Cleaned .357 brass today . Over the years I've noticed some short brass , not many , just enough to be annoying . I'd catch it when they were too short to crimp .
So today I rigged a basic go-no go gauge . Out of 250 about 10 were at least .040 short , plus I caught a bunch of split cases . All short cases were Winchester .

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Cleaned up my reloading area today, did some maintenance to my 2 Dillon 550's...and loaded up 1,000 .40 rounds...180gr heads over 5.4gr UNIQUE....and tumbled a 50cal can full of .45acp...still have ALOT of brass to tumble amd ALOT of heads to load (>10,000 .45, >12,000 .40...about 75,000 primers)...LOL...my goal is to load as much as i have primers...may take a while with my 550's, LOL

0C89CD06-1C85-4EFF-8EB6-696FE36D89EF.jpegE59DCB78-31E3-4433-801D-D4B2B4C50119.jpeg89D19027-32F5-4423-9910-2E271A8686DC.jpeg3B3180AB-0AAC-4F3F-B74B-D001F904401B.jpegFC317A30-8FE5-4173-A657-031853A5C61D.jpeg

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
we could open a reloading store with mine added there way to go what I enjoy looking at, my 16 # powder and 10000 primers showing for am Wed delivery here, I just drove by a range/gunstore and it was packed with people as full as I have ever seen it.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
The stores here were packed, people lined up outside. Two stores I passed had at least 40-50 people waiting in line. Now of course the state says they are non-essential, and MUST close or face fines.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I have never had a 38 super, shot a few though in IPSC matches in the past. We pick up brass at our club as soon as we get out of the truck 1st thing prior to shooting if no one there, honestly I find less 38 super than any other caliber, do you seem to see much?

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I have never had a 38 super, shot a few though in IPSC matches in the past. We pick up brass at our club as soon as we get out of the truck 1st thing prior to shooting if no one there, honestly I find less 38 super than any other caliber, do you seem to see much?

38 Super is my caliber of choice. But you are correct, the only 38 Super brass I find on the range is mine. One of my shooting pals, also shoots Super. He marks his brass with a red felt pen, to distinguish his brass from mine.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
I won an RIA milspec in .38 Super. I wish it were almost any other caliber. I've never found a use for it.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Love my super38. Easy to load, easy to shoot. But I only ever find my brass as well. I've bought new from starlings and same cost as any other pistol caliber. IIRC

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got a call from my shooting friend and he had some news, we have a newly opened Scheels store not to far that as I had posted had lots of ammo, LOTS pallets in floor of 9mm ball today ZERO! They had lots of primers today only Federal others ZERO, powder thay had that also now a few 4's and 8's only. Sadly to say all has finally hit all they had were the $1 plus a round ammo and not much of that either, the reality of reloading had shown itself here big time, other than online I know of 1 other outlet that may have ammo and components MAYBE but now at inflated pricing so sad for so many shooters, depending on the elections coming shooting could really change for a lot of people that sat on the fence to long, he did say other customers did ask if he had any ammo for sale! Oddly said they did have rimfire still in quantity. The reloading dept mgr told him he knew of 12 pallets of just 9mm they had sold and no idea when more would arrive.

Sad day at Red Rock!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Man that just boggles the mind. Hoarders aren't necessarily shooters. Around here, during last ammo scare, non working types would scoop it all off the shelves before we could get there. Then post on local boards or armslist at crazy prices.
Be well. Stay safe

Reactions: STI

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
What I was hoping not to see yet knew from experience I would finally arrived again here maybe more so this time. Our 1 local public range now only sells ammo with gun rental at very inflated prices and has to be shot there, not allowed to keep brass either.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
It is truly a sad day at red rock. Hopefully it won't last long. But with politics both here in USA and in Canada, at least we will be safe because gun free zones are surely safe places. Geez

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Nobody loading since 5-26? SAD, In my long life sadly I have never seen ammo or components out of stock like it is now, worse than obie did it, with the amount of shooting done at our range members sure must have been well stocked, and not loaders as to leaving brass on the ground.