From the Reloading Bench...

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
forgot to add.. if you can keep your ttention focused, it's a great & rewarding hobby.
best wishes & good luck in getting started.

if you can find it, used equipment can be a real money saver..though demand now is high..it may be hard to find.
estate sales sometimes are a source.
Thank You for all the help and information. That is why I love this site. Great people like you willing to share their experiences with noobs. Phil

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
ReloadingBenchLate2020.jpeg

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been loading 45 acp too.. I found some cast 230gr RN, some cast 200gr SWC's, some 230gr FMJ & some 185gr JSWC's..in my bullet stash.
I was impressed with how much 45 brass I've accumulated.. I had a fair amount of 45 acp already loaded. (Guess I've been shooting more 9mm than 45's in my 1911's.) I loaded almost 1K of the mentioned bullets, and just found some Coated 200gr SWC Bayou bullets and another box of cast 200gr.SWC's.
I had decided I wouldn't shoot cast bullets anymore, I like the lead free barrels that coated bullets provide. Realizing how long it now takes to get an order of coated bullets, I'm really happy that I had a fair amount of cast bullets on hand,to load, so I can still shoot as much as I want.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Idle hands are the Devil's...whatever, I clamp the powder drop and just keep my hands busy✌️building boolits. And Hurricanes, damn Hurricanes kinda push you to make the stuff you need mobile.4731B9FD-CBAD-44D9-B3E9-9680756526BC.jpeg

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been loading 45's lately. Had stopped using lead pills, I like the hy tek coated bullets, no leading in barrel, @ all.
found a box of lead 230gr. RN, so loaded them, then a 500 box of 200gr L Swc's.. loading them. I figured I've got them, might as
well load 'em & shoot 'em

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
We spent the day loading and ended up with 300 45's and 800 9mm, HiTech- coated, sized and loaded today, next session will be all 45 for me, bullets already cast, coated and sized ready to load. Great productive day here. If not to muddy and it probably will be Saturday another practice day, body/head transitions are the planned exercise plan, also plan to start going to 15/20 yds for most all practice sessions. Lately we have been concentrating on 20 yd head shots every trip and multiple shots on same target areas.

Last edited:

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
We spent the day loading and ended up with 300 45's and 800 9mm, HiTech- coated, sized and loaded today, next session will be all 45 for me, bullets already cast, coated and sized ready to load. Great productive day here. If not to muddy and it probably will be Saturday another practice day, body/head transitions are the planned exercise plan, also plan to start going to 15/20 yds for most all practice sessions. Lately we have been concentrating on 20 yd head shots every trip and multiple shots on same target areas.

Sounds very productive! Congrats on your casting, and reloading!!

cxm

Active Fanatic
Not wanting to go out during the shopping insanity this weekend I decided you can never have too much 45acp on hand... so I loaded some.

Here is one batch...

siAxSfC.jpg

y5nkkhS.jpg

With everything going on it is relaxing and good for the soul...

FWIW

Chuck

Last edited:

Latest posts