From the Reloading Bench...

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I loaded up a few 38 Special yesterday. Converted my Dillion 550 over from 38 Super to 38 Spl. Morning fun!

View attachment 6381View attachment 6382
41C my uncle always said 38's were what ammo was supposed to look like, he was comparing to a 9mm, he also liked 44mags and most all revolver ammo, what's your recipe?
Glad to see someone besides me still loading, our matches start again Saturday with an all you can eat BBQ following it, I will be shooting my 8" AR 9mm PCC again and will hit the range probably Thursday to reverify sight cards on distances with the 155 gr bullets I will shoot. I made the ones I have with 125 gr. I doubt at these ranges there will be much difference but will not chance it.

Last edited:

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
41C my uncle always said 38's were what ammo was supposed to look like, he was comparing to a 9mm, he also liked 44mags and most all revolver ammo, what's your recipe?
Glad to see someone besides me still loading, our matches start again Saturday with an all you can eat BBQ following it, I will be shooting my 8" AR 9mm PCC again and will hit the range probably Thursday to reverify sight cards on distances with the 155 gr bullets I will shoot. I made the ones I have with 125 gr. I doubt at these ranges there will be much difference but will not chance it.

Thanks, STI! My recipe is simple - Feed the Hobby!

22ConversionUnut

Well-Known Fanatic
This is the very reason why I cast my own. Lot's of wheel weights available, I buy my powders in bulk (8lb jugs) and primers in bulk. The only calibre I don't load for is .22LR. If someone perfected that process I'd load that to.

Reactions: STI

seagiant

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi,
I like big heavy presses and have owned most.

The CH Champion is at the top of the list.

It is cast STEEL like the RCBS A2 instead of iron like most presses!
ww1.JPGyyy2.jpgz1 (2).jpg

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I remember all those very well odd somebody had not shown an arbor press, I load all my precision rifles on it. With Wilson inline dies.

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Well tomorrow here is reverify 155 gr 9mm loads and set up Saturday's match 8 stages I think it's been 3 months here, bad withdrawal there afterwards we are having a BBQ lunch provided by club.
I am shooting my 8" AR 9mm in PCC no hand gun this month as they did not go with my 2 gun stages! Head shots at 20 yds guess did it and 5 clay birds have to all be hit at 20 yds to count stage. Shoot till you hit them. Still I cant wait till Saturday. Next month will be all hand guns we alternate every other month. Have to mow most of the day here today darn it. So back to 1911 or Glock 17's next month depending on stages design. To me to getting to shoot some of all the ammo we have loaded at what it was intended to be shot at. I have never shot the 155 in a match just practice and PCC shot them better than anything else tried, normally I shoot 125's. Just need new dope cards for the 155 tomorrow and will get the distances needed. I am wondering if much difference from my regular 125's? We shall see. Those who shoot EO TECHS how long are your batteries lasting? I turn my on in the am and it stays on all day, only changed them 1 time in several years do carry spares though.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Happy to add there were no sight changes from my 125's to 155 9mm little difference at the ranges we will be shooting tomorrow with the virus and Texas heat nobody has any idea of how many may show up.
Already pre loaded magazines today and will put gear on belt tonight to be ready, we are doing 8 stages.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Gee.. until looking @ this thread, I thought my Dillon 450B was old..
Bought it new, back in the 70's (?) & loaded a few rounds since then.
I used to do all my loading in winter ..while I was still working, but since I retired, seems I'm always loading something .
I also shoot a LOT more since retiring..
Until the stay @ home order, I used a simple Lee single stage press, I bought from Midway .for $9.99 (on sale)
Just removed it from my bench & mounted a RCBS Rock Chucker (old /used one) I found on Craigslist a few years ago..

Thinking about Midway, anyone here remember back when Midway used to include shipping cost in their prices ?
and send out a monthly paper flier in the mail, with a bargain page ?

I miss those days..

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Close to 1700 we think by weight now to size and hitec them. If I can find any going to try a new loading with Clean Shot powder. It has a very different recoil feel to it and was very accurate in all we shot it in carbines and handguns both. BUT very hard to find. Not paying shipping or hasmat to get it. 1-2 more casting sessions and we are done for awhile, looking to get 5000 done of these for 2 of us.

Latest posts