For anyone thinking of getting into reloading...

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Both very easy the 308 you will really notice cost savings and accuracy improvements just need to jump in and do it while you still can not hard at all, do you have a reloader friends? That's the best way to start. What is the wait? Yesterday I went to a local store ZERO powder 4-500 primers only already way over priced and high priced bullets like you saw. All presses sold! You may have almost waited to long as so many do. They had 40 cal, 22rf, & 380 ammo was it for pistol, some off calibers rifle ammo was all, Academy here not the place to buy anyway. Several customers were asking others if they had ammo to sell.

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got a call from friend he found some $29.95 / 1000 out the door primers today could not pass that up limited to 6000 per person. His wife got 6 and he got me 6. Never pass these days on that. Shoot in the am tomorrow no rain till late pm hopefully. worse than a kid at Christmas on going tomorrow here.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Academy primers per 100 $3.95
Bass Pro $4.95
Scheels $2.95 we got 6000
In stock at Scheels all you want no limits today pallets of 9mm ammo no limits, we shot close to 500 rounds today

brass.jpg

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
This is what we worked on today at 20 yds same size desert plate as IDPA heads, 50 rounds here double tap then head shot then double tap 20-10-20 rounds shot AR9mm 8", this will be in a stage I am doing in June, then shoot 5 clays targets at 20 and must hit all 5 to count stage shoot till you hit.plata.jpg

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Per topic after yesterday's trip to a few stores killing time those who are still on the fence waiting or deciding well you may have sit on that fence a tad to long! If $$$ invested matter, Obie taught us well as Klinton also did. Anyone still not decided unless other factors are involved, just think also factoring the election year if things go south where you will be, much worse. When you have people at the ranges asking to buy ammo you know you did right. I love my shooting way to much to even thing of cutting back or worse, not me there.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking like another reloading week coming next week as they show 6 days straight of rain forecast 50%+ daily, our range is like glue when wet!

Old Bill

New Fanatic
Bullseye?

You might be well served to try and find a powder you cannot easily double charge without it being obvious and ideally spilling over... especially as a new reloader..

Just a thought..

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Bullseye is a great one I loaded that over 10 yrs along with 700X were the only 2 I used, now 9mm=WST and 45=Clays, I have a lifetime amount of powder here. We will probably load 1 day this week all day long. We also cast our bullets.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Way over 40 years doing all that here.
2 Dillions-Star-H LnLoad and a few more used to load commercial on a Camdex is how I paid for all.

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
These are my loading project this week 500 of them now to load.. One of the best bullets I have shot in my 1911's, a Noe mold 8 cavity, loading with Clays.... All now coated and ready to load.
noe 45.jpg

Latest posts