Do you typically carry a reload

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
You guys all dry fire at times, right ?

Anyone ever practice their draw from holster ?

When drawing from holster....have you ever inadvertently hit the mag eject ????

Yep, me, too.

Left holding a single shot pistol.

Yes, I carry a spare mag.....ALWAYS.

Two is one.........and one can become none really damn fast, through one goofball move.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
Watch the YouTube video on why one cop now carries 145 rounds.
His name is Officer Tim Gramins
Also listen to the podcast with him and
Massad Ayoob.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
You guys all dry fire at times, right ?

Anyone ever practice their draw from holster ?

When drawing from holster....have you ever inadvertently hit the mag eject ????

Yep, me, too.

Left holding a single shot pistol.

Yes, I carry a spare mag.....ALWAYS.

Two is one.........and one can become none really damn fast, through one goofball move.
I practice both dry fire and drawing from a holster. I used to shoot IDPA and PPC. PPC is by no means a "quick" draw, nor a defensive draw. But still...
The RO wouldn't even let me start IDPA until I "practice drew" my pistol for over an hour...non stop!
Slow at first, up to very quickly, while he watched me. Four step draw! Had to get it correct before allowed on the range.
I never dropped a mag that I didn't want to. Quite the opposite actually. I find that at times, I need to shake the mag out of a gun!

Reactions: A34

BIGDAVE101

Well-Known Fanatic
You have to be honest. I will start off and be the scapegoat. I don't typically carry a extra magazine in my EDC. I know it would be wise and all the "professionals" advise me to do so but the fact is I don't usually carry an extra magazine.

When I carry my J-Fram I do stick a speed strip in my back pocket.

Anyone else NOT do what they are supposed to do? :67:

BC
no reloads, I carry 2 guns

popeye1959

Fanatic
It depends. If I am carrying my SR9c and I am going to and from work or a run to the local store, just my pistol. If I'm going where the drive will be more than an hour away, my pistol and a spare mag. If I am carrying my P938, always the pistol and a spare mag. However, I AWAYS have in my pocket, my .22 Magnum NAA Sidewinder.

A34

Fanatic
Like the guy above said, depends on what I'm doing. Typically, if just running errands locally, no spare mag. If going outside the local area, then probably 2.

The next question is, do you have a car/truck gun? I may or may not keep a shotgun/rifle in a locked safe in my vehicle at times. I may or may not keep extra loaded magazines in there as well.

johnk568

Fanatic
When I carry my XD9 Sub Compact, I have 3 16 rounds mags and in my man purse (Maxpedition Versapack, I carry a XD9 Tactical with 3 16 round mags, that gives me 96rounds, plus in my Man purse, I carry a blow out kit, tegaderm patches, Tourniquets, and clotting sponges. Also 2 boxes of hollow point 9MM.

Latest posts