Do you typically carry a reload

jandreski

Active Fanatic
I absolutely always carry a spare mag, but usually a spare j-frame i mean it is your life whats a little extra weight?

oklaccer

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry a G23, and use a mag for a G22 as a spare, usually in my off hand front pocket. I heard an instructor long ago teach that the mag will be the point to fail. So 1 mag is NO mag, 2 mags are 1 mag, etc.

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
For me it all depends on the gun I am carrying. If it is of the wheel or single stack persuaision, then yes, I always carry and extra stick or speedloader/speedstrip. If the occassion allows, and I can get away with either the Glock 19 or 34, then no, I normally don't carry extra ON MY PERSON. For each of my carry guns, I have at least one reload available in my car....

upnover

Active Fanatic
i carry a reload in my back pocket when i carry my emp(9mm) all of my othe 1911s i wont 45acp is too heavy for a pocket.

tbird63b

Well-Known Fanatic
I carried a spare mag for a while, but it kept taking up valuable space for my numbchucks. So I had to choose, carry a spare mag, or.. Go out with style swinging chuks like Michael Freaking Angelo!!

lenahorse1

Active Fanatic
I have been involved in a bank robbery with an officer killed and a bad guy wounded in the arm, I admit I was armed with a 1911 General Officers 45, I had a split second decision to make, shoot it out or get the heck out of Dodge which I did, there was an exit I knew I could get out of and I did, no regrets. No one ever knew I was armed. I removed myself from the fight and I am very glad of it.
When it really happens you never know what you will do.

upnover

Active Fanatic
only time i carry a spare mag is with my 9mm emp, the mag is short enough, and light enough that i can drop it in my back pocket next to my wallet, i cary it when it is really hot, most of the time its a 45 1911 and the mags are just too heavy and long to drop in a pocket. i know i should but i jud dont.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Cross breed and several other holster shops will make a tuckable mag holder.

I carry a spare 1911 mag in a simple Looper belt carrier... inside my back pocket. The leather keeps the lint out and protects the feed lips.

Any one handy with kydex or leather can make a pocket scabbard for any semi auto mag... and revolver speed strips and speed loaders are "just right" in the pocket of your choice.

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been involved in a bank robbery with an officer killed and a bad guy wounded in the arm, I admit I was armed with a 1911 General Officers 45, I had a split second decision to make, shoot it out or get the heck out of Dodge which I did, there was an exit I knew I could get out of and I did, no regrets. No one ever knew I was armed. I removed myself from the fight and I am very glad of it.
When it really happens you never know what you will do.

And this is what a civilian needs to do. I on the other hand would be forced to intervene...

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I usually don't. I should, but I don't. I can't carry at work, but I make a point of putting the gun on if I go anywhere else on my way home. For some reason, I find spare mags (for my double stacks) to be even more uncomfortable than the gun to carry.

Swavy00

Well-Known Fanatic
I do not. I have one in my "war bag" but I do not carry it everywhere. I should. But I don't.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Question for all of you who carry spare mags in your pockets (Actually, a few questions)

Do you practice reloading from your pocket?
If so, how often?
If not, what the hell's wrong with you? (That's only slightly in jest)
Do you carry your mag in the same pocket with your change?
Ever see a dime get jammed in the feed lip of a magazine?

I know there are pocket mag pouches out there and times when you can't carry a mag on your belt. A pouch in a pocket is always going to be better that just a pocket, in my opinion. Just wanted to get some of you thinking about that if you haven't already.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Question for all of you who carry spare mags in your pockets (Actually, a few questions)

Do you practice reloading from your pocket?
If so, how often?
If not, what the hell's wrong with you? (That's only slightly in jest)
Do you carry your mag in the same pocket with your change?
Ever see a dime get jammed in the feed lip of a magazine?

I know there are pocket mag pouches out there and times when you can't carry a mag on your belt. A pouch in a pocket is always going to be better that just a pocket, in my opinion. Just wanted to get some of you thinking about that if you haven't already.
I really need to carry an extra mag, as I usualy don't have one. :( when I do its usually in the glove box, though keep in mind on the occasion I actually have a mag in my pocket its in a pocket of its own that I have cleaned out. And yeah I usually do a few quick grabs at that mag but this whole scenario is rare... a lot rare then it should be I guess.

Guess its time to look for an IWB mag pouch.

Jeremy Moore

Well-Known Fanatic
I always carry a 2nd mag. Not necessarily for fire-power, but malfs.
pre_1344878359__edc.jpg

Modoc

Active Fanatic
I either carry a spare mag or a speed strip. Officer's model mags are not that big. Wallet and spare mag/speed strip in off front pocket, everything else rides in the strong hand front pocket (nothing in the back, bad back). It is really not much space or weight for the peace of mind to take care of a malfunction. Besides, my EDC bag has a couple of mags in it along with the vehicle.

Latest posts