Do you typically carry a reload

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I pretty much never carry... let the flaming begin... i have it for home protection, but if i am going to the gym, etc.... i just don't carry...

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I pretty much never carry... let the flaming begin... i have it for home protection, but if i am going to the gym, etc.... i just don't carry...

No flaming, you know the risks involved and made your decision. We don't all have to have the same assessment. Although, I would like to see more people carrying, especially those with good "gun-sense" like yourself.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
My wife runs slower than me. She needs to carry;)

Seriously though the more I think about it the open carry law passing would have me carrying more. I don't conceal because it's intrusive with my wearing skinny jeans and tube tops. If I could carry on a belt holster I'd probably do so all the time. Then Benjamin and I could carry even when we have our shirts off showing our gym guns in the summer;)

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss

Seriously though the more I think about it the open carry law passing would have me carrying more. I don't conceal because it's intrusive with my wearing skinny jeans and tube tops. If I could carry on a belt holster I'd probably do so all the time. Then Benjamin and I could carry even when we have our shirts off showing our gym guns in the summer;)

that would be great, usually when i work out at the gym i only wear a bulletproof vest (like 50 cent) if i could have my gun out also, it would fit perfect...

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to carry a reload nearly all the time. I can't carry at work now, so both the gun and reload are in the car. If I have to make a quick stop on the way home, I just stick the gun on.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I've been in a civilian situation that justified potential gunplay 3 times in my life. And did not have a gun on me for any of those incidents.

The first event was a off duty cop (who I did not know) thought I was breaking into my own house one night. He was hiding in the bushes... dressed in sweats... and did not ID himself as an officer. He WAS pointing a pistol at me. I thought I was being robbed. If I had been armed--- we probably would have shot each other.

While I lived in Florida... a drug deal went bad a few streets over.... suspects running all over the neighborhood. One of them tried my back door. A firm bluff on my part made him think better... he was arrested later down the street.

The event that finally got me to carry .... a really big drunk followed me up the driveway one afternoon. I got him to leave, after he got verbal. But a little later he doubled back and acosted me from the road. I had his plate, and the local LEOs told me they would do nothing.

YOU never know were it will happen. It will not be a situation of your choosing either.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I've been in a civilian situation that justified potential gunplay 3 times in my life. And did not have a gun on me for any of those incidents.

The first event was a off duty cop (who I did not know) thought I was breaking into my own house one night. He was hiding in the bushes... dressed in sweats... and did not ID himself as an officer. He WAS pointing a pistol at me. I thought I was being robbed. If I had been armed--- we probably would have shot each other.

While I lived in Florida... a drug deal went bad a few streets over.... suspects running all over the neighborhood. One of them tried my back door. A firm bluff on my part made him think better... he was arrested later down the street.

The event that finally got me to carry .... a really big drunk followed me up the driveway one afternoon. I got him to leave, after he got verbal. But a little later he doubled back and acosted me from the road. I had his plate, and the local LEOs told me they would do nothing.

YOU never know were it will happen. It will not be a situation of your choosing either.

I want to hear more about this bluff???

Some guys attract danger like James Bond or John Wayne Jeff is definately one of those Bond/Wayne kinda guys.:)

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
Other than the 5 or so extra loaded mags that I carry in my car, I always have 1 on me, I keep it in my back pocket. I actually have a spare magazine on me more than I have my CCW. I carry everyday, but if I go somewhere CCW is not allowed, I take my pistol off but keep the spare mag. I only keep it in my pocket, so that I wont forget about it

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I rarely do and there is no excuse. I carry either a pf9 or a gov 1911. both are limited capacity so I really should always have a reload. Both are single stack, so the spare mag would be very concealable. I'm just oblivious to Murphy I guess.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I want to hear more about this bluff???

Some guys attract danger like James Bond or John Wayne Jeff is definately one of those Bond/Wayne kinda guys.:)

Jesse... those 3 events are spread across a good 20 years. Having said that... working for the Electric company in South Florida for 12 years you see ALOT. When "Cops" shoots in Lake Worth--- that was my service area. On nights, we were alone or on a 2 man crew. When you need to watch the natives, not get robbed or shot and mess with high voltage "situational awarness" hits a new level. We were always in the 'hood... or in places you just should not go in polite company

The cop story happened when I was still living in Memphis. My "command voice" out commanded his "command voice". I had cover behind a block wall.... When the uniforms showed up they got a earfull- then I went on my way. I had been a reserve deputy in another county... but was not allowed to carry out of jurisdiction and was empty handed at the time.

The drug dealer? Lets just say I gotta mouth when I need it. Baseball bats come in handy. Shotguns are better- but mine was cased up locked away.

The guy in my drive way? Whipped out a cell phone (no signal of course) and "called" 911.

I'd probably handle all these situations the same today... but having a gun on tap raises the confidence level.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

Seriously though the more I think about it the open carry law passing would have me carrying more. I don't conceal because it's intrusive with my wearing skinny jeans and tube tops.
You could carry a Derringer in an exposed Garter

Some guys attract danger like James Bond or John Wayne or Redneck1861
Fixed it for ya!

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Fixed it for ya!

I worked in the Ft Lauderdale war zone for a few months (parts of Deerfeild and Pompano Beach are tough)in 93. I was foreman on a night crew. My lineman was a Cuban guy named Fontes, we called him CJ.

So... we are in this alley about 2 am. A Spanish speaking guy comes out of no where and starts ranting and raving. I'm on the ground, CJ is up in a bucket working. I am ignoring this guy as best I can.

CJ is done, so he flies down. "What up with ths fool, Jeff?" Before I can answer, CJ and this guy are screaming at each other in Spanish. Now CJ is built like a fire plug... bull stout. Next thing I know- he has the guy by the shirt and waistband... and he tosses him into a meter closet in the back of the address we are working. Before the guy figures out how to get out... CJ backs the pickup against the door locking the guy up.
He looks at me, smiles and says "No problem, lets finish up, boss". So we hung around while doing the paper work and waiting to get dispatched to the next ticket. We pulled away after about a half hour... the guy was pounding and screaming the whole time.

Tulsa and parts of OKC are bad... but down in Ft Lauderdale and the West Palm Area hookers, empty needles, gang bangers, have been a part of every day life for a long, long time. Gunfire was heard nearly every night. Asking for the police usually made matters worse.

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
Jeff,

Hope to see you in a class or on the range sometime!!! From your post you've got the right mind set!! :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Yes I always carry a spare Mag or two Always!!! In a fight the gun Will malfunction more than normal, I want a way to fix it!!

B

bettingpython

I always have a spare mag with me for whatever I am carrying. And usually have a backup .38 in a pocket as well.

Phat Mike

Fanatic
I've got my EDC and one extra mag :( . not the best but the girlfriend is almost with me all the time and she's got the fire power pistol 3 extra mag's :angry:

Latest posts