Alpha Foxtrot 1911 Issues

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
Has anyone had any experience with Alpha Foxtrot 1911s?

I recently picked up a new 1911 by Alpha Foxtrot (AF1911 Government-size .45). The gun has a couple issues. I've reached out to AF in Georgia twice using their website "Contact" form, twice by voicemail (generic number - no number available for customer support) and once by email to their customer support, but haven't heard anything from them.

I did an unboxing review and a follow-up range review that discussed problems with a heavier than normal trigger, as well as a self-adjusting rear sight. Here's the range review:

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
1st , I'd talk to whoever sold it to you..some retailers may send it back for you...( Basspro did this once for me)
If you bought it online, you'll probably be on your own.
Next , I'd contact the manufacturer, to see how the company responds.
If they sound like they want to make it right, send it back to them.
Last option would be to dump more money into it, fixing rear sight & trigger.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

I recently picked up a new 1911 by Alpha Foxtrot (AF1911 Government-size .45). The gun has a couple issues. I've reached out to AF in Georgia twice using their website "Contact" form, twice by voicemail (generic number - no number available for customer support) and once by email to their customer support, but haven't heard anything from them.

I did an unboxing review and a follow-up range review that discussed problems with a heavier than normal trigger, as well as a self-adjusting rear sight. Here's the range review:

I would be disappointed if that was my gun. As Joe said, talk to the company, if they're worth anything at all they should make it right for you, and not charge you a red cent. I had s Springfield that would not shoot for dirt. I sent it back they replaced the barrel and front sight and it shoots like no tomorrow! Great customer service from them, so hopefully these folks will be worth their salt too. Best wishes from West Mi.

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
I would be disappointed if that was my gun. As Joe said, talk to the company, if they're worth anything at all they should make it right for you, and not charge you a red cent. I had s Springfield that would not shoot for dirt. I sent it back they replaced the barrel and front sight and it shoots like no tomorrow! Great customer service from them, so hopefully these folks will be worth their salt too. Best wishes from West Mi.
Thanks for the reply. I've made five attempts to contact Alpha Foxtrot with no response yet (details on my original post). I'll give them until Monday to see if they actually have "Service" in their customer service.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the reply. I've made five attempts to contact Alpha Foxtrot with no response yet (details on my original post). I'll give them until Monday to see if they actually have "Service" in their customer service.
Hope all works out for you.

skibum

Fanatic

Jut bought an AF 9mm about 3 weeks ago. One of the nicest shooting guns I ever owned. I have about 300 rounds through it. While at the range yesterday the rear sight came loose and almost slid off the gun. One of the green dots on the site also fell off. Also, the slide stopped locking back after the last round is fired. I am no gunsmith so I have no idea what that's all about. I took it straight back to where I bought it and they are working with their rep to take care of it. I also tried contacting customer service. Their web form is not working - analogous to a full voicemail from what I can tell. There is no phone number to call. I looked up the parent company, Dasan USA. Could not reach anyone there. If I didn't love the gun so much and have about $200 already invested in holsters, I would have have just returned it.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to say this, but is looking like Alpha Foxtrot is a company that purchasers should avoid.
Having a firearm experience an issue isn't a problem ..unless the company doesn't respond to owner's attempts to contact them and offer to fix the issue.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Jut bought an AF 9mm about 3 weeks ago. One of the nicest shooting guns I ever owned. I have about 300 rounds through it. While at the range yesterday the rear sight came loose and almost slid off the gun. One of the green dots on the site also fell off. Also, the slide stopped locking back after the last round is fired. I am no gunsmith so I have no idea what that's all about. I took it straight back to where I bought it and they are working with their rep to take care of it. I also tried contacting customer service. Their web form is not working - analogous to a full voicemail from what I can tell. There is no phone number to call. I looked up the parent company, Dasan USA. Could not reach anyone there. If I didn't love the gun so much and have about $200 already invested in holsters, I would have have just returned it.
Try this:
dasanusa.com› admin › bbs › down.php
Working Location: Dasan USA, Inc. 2400 Chattahoochee Dr. Duluth, GA 30097 Contact: Jordan Young, GM 770-623-6722 or email [email protected]

Good luck:
1665104871981.gif

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
The mag not locking back may be a mag spring issue. Take the spring out, measure its length. The stretch it out, a little bit at a time. I'd personally shoot for adding about 1/2". Put the mag back together, and test the gun.

I had a similar issue with my Staccato C2. My stretching the springs solved it until Staccato sent me new mags.

I am really disappointed to hear of the AF quality issues. My thanks to you Alpha testers and I hope that they get their act together as I'd prefer to buy the S15 instead of the more expensive SFX9.

skibum

Fanatic
So, I emailed the contact that rmc51 provided (thanks again). The email has been undeliverable. I called the Dasan USA number provided, the general mailbox is full, tried using the company directory the phone system says the directly is empty. This verifies that customer service is non-existent. I am stopping by the shop where I bought the gun tomorrow morning to see if they made any progress with them. I will keep you all posted.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
So, I emailed the contact that rmc51 provided (thanks again). The email has been undeliverable. I called the Dasan USA number provided, the general mailbox is full, tried using the company directory the phone system says the directly is empty. This verifies that customer service is non-existent. I am stopping by the shop where I bought the gun tomorrow morning to see if they made any progress with them. I will keep you all posted.
That REALLY stinks for you. I am so sorry. I still believe that the gun people (for lack of a better name for us) overall, are some of the nicest people in the world. In spite of what the karens have to say ;-) I hope for a charitable outcome for you with this messed up deal. Please keep us informed, and know that we are on your side in this mess.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry to hear that the info didn't help.
Good luck.

DubbleURX

Fanatic
Was considering the S15 until I read this thread. The S15 (needless to say) is no longer an option for me.

Whatever happened with your issue? Was it resolved? Were you ever able to reach customer support?

xusmico

Active Fanatic

Like ARs, people watch youtube and thinks they can make money building. based on lack of comms, quit wasting time. paint it red use it for range training just for IA drills. hit every website and list the problem with them. PLEASE DON'T SELL it to another poor shooter. I have several guns that are complete crap and don't trust so I wont give them to another for them to be f'd over. painted red. They all sit in plain view in the shop, and when asked I clear them, hand them over and tell exactly what is wrong. a few are know for reliability, including a G5 17 that after about 50 hours of work to ID the exact problems it now works BUT never trust it.

mediabug

New Fanatic
"I recently picked up a new 1911 by Alpha Foxtrot (AF1911 Government-size .45). The gun has a couple issues. I've reached out to AF in Georgia twice using their website "Contact" form, twice by voicemail (generic number - no number available for customer support) and once by email to their customer support, but haven't heard anything from them."
There is no excuse for "ghosting" customer service. I went out to Google maps and found them in Duluth Georgia, my home state. There were no reviews on the Google site. From the looks of the building it's possible that they are just a distributor(or importer) and not a manufacturer. I admire your desire not to pass the gun off to someone else. I have had some contact with S&W and Springfield and they were both very good. I've had a lot of contact with Glock not with function problems but with routine maintenance on old high round count guns and they almost always bring my gun up to factory specs for free.
You are helping us all by getting to the bottom of this. That is a nice looking gun that would have tempted me to buy but customer service is a real problem. Thanks for your thorough videos.

E.L.

Last edited:

woodlands747

Well-Known Fanatic

It has been almost a year since you posted the issue with the AF. What is the outcome?

From what I saw if you are stuck with the pistol none of the issues are major. Annoying yes, but fixable without great expense.

1) The trigger could be fixed in 5 minutes with a sear spring adjustment. Follow instructions for sear spring adjustment here and factor for the heavier pull you are trying to achieve. https://www.brownells.com/userdocs/learn/bt002005.pdf

2) Rear sight could be replaced by an adjustable Novak style, however if dovetail in the slide is over cut it may need to be addressed by a gunsmith. https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-for-novak-cut-rear-adjustable-1911-black-by-dawson-precision/

3) That recoil spring looks way too long and you can get the correct one from Wolff Springs.

Last edited: