Alpha Foxtrot 1911 Issues

Bentwing

Fanatic
That's what they will try and make you believe. They may be marketed here but they are manufactured by Dasan Machineries of South Korea.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting. Thanks.

Guess that it really doesn't matter as I WILL NOT BUY FROM THEM.

DubbleURX

Fanatic
That's what they will try and make you believe. They may be marketed here but they are manufactured by Dasan Machineries of South Korea.
They're made in Georgia, where they've a huge facility. When they say, "Made in America", they're not lying. The parent company just isn't a US company. US folks are benefiting from being employed by Dasan, too. The Republic of Korea is a huge ally of the US, as well.

Alpha Foxtrot's parent company is Dasan and they aren't a small company. They've been making gun parts for other gun manufacturers in the US for years. They're not hiding anything...they share some of the details in their About Us page on their website.

There are many big name gun manufacturers that have a US presence whose parent companies are non-US.

You can hate them, but at least get the details correct. :)

Bentwing

Fanatic
I don't hate anyone. Business is business. Did you see the work that was returned to me? Have you actually had any dealings with this company? I'm not arguing with you, this is simply not necessary. The market takes care of itself. If they manufactured in the US, they would have repaired the 1500$ pistol correctly and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
The did refund my $$. I was impressed with the pistol as well, but they have a bit of improvement to go through to be successful I think. Do a google on Dasan. Look at the reviews of the people who are employed by them. The truth speaks for itself.

DubbleURX

Fanatic
I don't hate anyone. Business is business. Did you see the work that was returned to me? Have you actually had any dealings with this company? I'm not arguing with you, this is simply not necessary. The market takes care of itself. If they manufactured in the US, they would have repaired the 1500$ pistol correctly and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
The did refund my $$. I was impressed with the pistol as well, but they have a bit of improvement to go through to be successful I think. Do a google on Dasan. Look at the reviews of the people who are employed by them. The truth speaks for itself.

No on is arguing. In fact, I'm not the only person that posted that their facilities are in the US. You're also saying you don't hate them but you obviously have some hang-ups, based on your reply. Those hang-ups are yours, not mine.

Your comment implied that they're not made in the US or that they're trying to hide where they are made. I replied stating that they're made in the US and that they're not hiding anything, as you can find that info on their page. You had a bad experience with the company, but does that mean others have to jump on your attempts to further discredit the company?

Do you have legit info that they're not actually making their guns in the US? Did they specifically state that they couldn't repair the gun because it wasn't made in the US? Or are you just thinking it HAS to be that way because they didn't fix your gun? That's a reach unless you know details that most folks aren't privy to.

Yes, I saw you prior posts. They refunded you your money, right? They didn't steal anything from you. Did they lie to you? I'm trying to understand what else they owe you.

I've already watched reveiws and have seen folks share their experiences with the gun. I've posted in these comments before. I own the gun. I've owned it maybe 9 months. I've 800 rounds through the gun and have not had any glaring issues. I've been carrying it, as well. I'm not blindly commenting...I've time with the gun. I've seen some folks have issues with customer support, but I've seen it with a lot of other brands, too. Yes, you had an issue that they couldn't solve. They also fully refunded you. Does your problems with the company trump my ownership experience? NO. Sorry man, I do my own thinking. The company has hit/miss customer service, yeah, but I'm not going to start making or supporting untruthful claims on your hunch, just because they didn't fix your gun.

Sorry you had issues with your gun, man. Other than offering sympathy, I'm not going to participate in the untruthful info game.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
The problem seems to be the management not where they are made. If you cant easily get in touch with them when theres a problem, then customers will complain and new sales will suffer.

DubbleURX

Fanatic
The problem seems to be the management not where they are made. If you cant easily get in touch with them when theres a problem, then customers will complain and new sales will suffer.
Yes, I agree that this is a management problem. In cases such as that, yes, folks should complain. This post was going beyond that, though.

As well, he was insisting that they weren't made in the US. If this is a management problem, why was it mentioned that they weren't made in the US? To throw extra shade on Alpha Foxtrot, maybe. He complained and was given a refund. How much more complaining is there going to be about an issue that was resolved (by refund). Also, if they're complaining, are they now allowed to be untruthful?

I'm all for complaining, but I don't think it's wrong to point out untruthful information, no matter how the customer feels about a particlular issue.

Has anyone had any experience with Alpha Foxtrot 1911s?

I recently picked up a new 1911 by Alpha Foxtrot (AF1911 Government-size .45). The gun has a couple issues. I've reached out to AF in Georgia twice using their website "Contact" form, twice by voicemail (generic number - no number available for customer support) and once by email to their customer support, but haven't heard anything from them.

I did an unboxing review and a follow-up range review that discussed problems with a heavier than normal trigger, as well as a self-adjusting rear sight. Here's the range review:

I'm not sure if I had ever heard of that brand as I read your thread. Being made in Duluth, Georgia, you would hope it would be easy to contact them if need be. In my firearm experience spanning many years now, I've saw and owned guns from the top manufacturers that were not up to snuff. My first 1911 was a Colt Mark IV Series 70 Government Model I bought new in the late 70's. If you shot it normally it was fine, but if you let it rip it would jam on the last round every time. I took it back to the gun store and he sent me to a local gunsmith to fix it. I got it back a week later and it still done the same thing. I was new to semi-autos and didn't know about trying a different magazine. I also acquired a Colt Trooper Mark III Nickel 357 Magnum revolver with a 6" barrel, and it wouldn't put 2 shots anywhere close to each other. It would almost shoot around a corner. I traded that thing off quick. Back in the 70's and early 80's, Colt was the top of the line in handguns and their price reflected it. But that don't mean a lemon won't get out their door from time to time. That goes for pretty much any brand. But since you are having so much trouble with Alpha Foxtrot's customer service, perhaps you should just consider staying away from them in the future. It's not a very good feeling when you pay top dollar for a nice firearm and have those problems right off the bat. Been there and done that. I wish you better success in the future my friend.

Skyviking

Fanatic
When you dip your toe into the 1911 pool, buy from an established manufacturer. You will get what you pay for, front end or back end. Springfield Armory, Colt, and Dan Wesson, are the only ones to consider in the 700-1700 price range. If going deeper into your pocket, then based on my experience, Wilson and Nighthawk Custom are the only OTC (over the counter) brands to consider. I have owned Ed Brown and Les Baer guns. If you have really deep pockets, get on a Master 1911 pistolsmith's list such as Chuck Rogers, Ted Yost, and Jason Burton and wait. Most of the guys I have guns from have gone on. I'm sure there are some up-and-coming 1911 artists, but I am done buying 1911s.

If you buy a Colt 1911, you will be fine. Most of the standard (not "NM"-marked) Colt barrels will shoot right along with some of the aftermarket "match" barrels, if not better.

Notice that I am not putting SIG or S&W 1911s in the basket.

I'm glad that at least you got a Wilson Combat magazine. You have by now figured out that it is the only thing that actually works as intended. Good luck.

RickH

Fanatic
Fanatic Family
When you dip your toe into the 1911 pool, buy from an established manufacturer. You will get what you pay for, front end or back end. Springfield Armory, Colt, and Dan Wesson, are the only ones to consider in the 700-1700 price range. If going deeper into your pocket, then based on my experience, Wilson and Nighthawk Custom are the only OTC (over the counter) brands to consider. I have owned Ed Brown and Les Baer guns. If you have really deep pockets, get on a Master 1911 pistolsmith's list such as Chuck Rogers, Ted Yost, and Jason Burton and wait. Most of the guys I have guns from have gone on. I'm sure there are some up-and-coming 1911 artists, but I am done buying 1911s.

If you buy a Colt 1911, you will be fine. Most of the standard (not "NM"-marked) Colt barrels will shoot right along with some of the aftermarket "match" barrels, if not better.

Notice that I am not putting SIG or S&W 1911s in the basket.

I'm glad that at least you got a Wilson Combat magazine. You have by now figured out that it is the only thing that actually works as intended. Good luck.
Also in the 700-1700 price range are the Ruger SR1911s, good guns.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Only three Colts I've been around, keep in mind a sample of 3, 2 buddies at work had one each, terrible fit and finish, one has broke safety, I got my gunsmith to fix it, 3rd one my gunsmith buddy brought to range last Saturday, I was sighting some stuff in, he was test firing about 5 guns, one a brand new Gold Cup Trophy Match, fit and finish fair at best, that might not be exactly right name wise but it wouldn't feed anything, he took apart cleaned and lubed, still nothing, he called the guy and told him he should send it back, but he wanted it fixed now so DD(gunsmith buddy)polished feed ramp, got it to feed couple rounds, worked on it for about 45 minutes and finally we got couple mags to run, worst feeling safety I've ever felt, no positive "snick" either way, I'm sure the owner will have him do a complete disassemble and get it right, this probably a 1100-1200 1911, was un shootable out of the box, I appreciate the history of Colt but me personally owning one, no thx

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Only three Colts I've been around, keep in mind a sample of 3, 2 buddies at work had one each, terrible fit and finish, one has broke safety, I got my gunsmith to fix it, 3rd one my gunsmith buddy brought to range last Saturday, I was sighting some stuff in, he was test firing about 5 guns, one a brand new Gold Cup Trophy Match, fit and finish fair at best, that might not be exactly right name wise but it wouldn't feed anything, he took apart cleaned and lubed, still nothing, he called the guy and told him he should send it back, but he wanted it fixed now so DD(gunsmith buddy)polished feed ramp, got it to feed couple rounds, worked on it for about 45 minutes and finally we got couple mags to run, worst feeling safety I've ever felt, no positive "snick" either way, I'm sure the owner will have him do a complete disassemble and get it right, this probably a 1100-1200 1911, was un shootable out of the box, I appreciate the history of Colt but me personally owning one, no thx
I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences with Colts. I've been very fortunate through the years. The first series 70 I had had been messed with and just didn't shoot well. The only 1911 that's ever bit my hand when I shot it too. Got rid of it very soon after I bought it. The rest have worked well for me.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sure the big majority of them are fine, I've even thought about the blued Competition model in 9mm, this one we worked on Saturday is stainless with polished sides of the slide, frame and everything else matte finish, to me just not a good look, but I'm partial to blued or black nitride finishes, again my experience, I forgot I also had a 9mm from the 70's, took some work from my friend to get it to lock back, this one looked very nice, bluing was fantastic, I gave it to one of my coworkers that helped me speed up getting my youngest sons driveway paved, even if you work for asphalt contractor when we are always slammed with work hard to squeeze in personal projects, this Colt was a Bullseye competition pistol, big Bomar type adjustable rear sight, so I'm goin with 3 out of 4 not up to snuff. Like someone mentioned and I would go even lower in price, 500-1500 the worlds your oyster, some fantastic 1911's to be had, over 1500 and up the fit and finish gets better but my opinion you start loosing bang for the buck, but folks that fork out 2500 and up, if that's what you want and doesn't take diapers and formula from the baby, go for it!

davidv

Fanatic
Looks like this is a South Korea owned company - that doesn't sound promising from a customer service perspective. Not a dig to South Korea but the location (coverage in the US) and language barriers may be a problem.

DubbleURX

Fanatic
Looks like this is a South Korea owned company - that doesn't sound promising from a customer service perspective. Not a dig to South Korea but the location (coverage in the US) and language barriers may be a problem.
Not really...they've been doing business in the US and working with other companies within the US firearms industry for 30 years. Actually, not only are they involved with US industries, but they are a global presence. I'm pretty sure language isn't a barrier at this point.

Last edited:

Latest posts