What's your most enjoyable to shoot?

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
As I mentioned earlier, my favorite is typically the last one I bought, which was a NHC Thunder Ranch. However, upon reflection I always like to shoot my Sig P226 Legion in 9mm. One of my first guns I ever bought was a nickle plated .50AE Desert Eagle, so that one always brings a smile to my face, and also my .44 Mag Desert Eagle. I like to take the .50AE to the range when someone down the lane is rapid firing his AR15 (and not hitting anything). My .50AE usually drowns out his AR, always brings a smile to my face. It also shakes the cameras within the range. Plus, I have something for the zombie apocalypse, gotta be prepared :cool:
L5 and Mark XIX.jpg

CJ

Well-Known Fanatic
My Garthwaite Para is hands down my favorite, there are so many things that are "just right" about this build, it's like Jim built it to fit my hand ......Hard to explain but it just feels better than anything else I've owned.
14rd mags are much more fun at the range too.....
2CC8F6EB-4F4B-454D-9D91-7292FD459392.jpegBDA39587-C0D3-4BF3-B5A8-866FCDE9F98C.jpeg

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Truly one of my favorite guns to shoot, is my old 1962 S&W 25-2 (Model of 1955) 45 ACP revolver. This old 6.5" wheel gun is one of my most accurate guns to shoot. I really enjoyed the Bowling Pin Shoot, that Ron set up at Limb Killers Annual Shoot last June. For me, this model 25 just works! Blasting Bowling Pin's off the regulation table, that Ron was considerate enough to trailer to the Shoot, was too much fun! I found my passion, for sure! She eats up 200 gr. SWC hand loads, either with moon clips (45 ACP) or (45 Auto Rim). Just an all around, laser accurate, classic, Smith & Wesson.

1147AEFC-63E6-4444-946D-14A5ADBD619C.jpeg

PhilaPop

Well-Known Fanatic
Love that finish! Did you do some of that, or did it come that way? Reason i ask, is that i have done that exact same finish on several of my 1911's.
Scotchbrite pad's and repetition. Nice gun!
Mike- That's the finish out of the factory. It used to be for only the TR, but now it seems like it's an option on everything they have. I saw it on an Agent 2 a few weeks ago, and it looked amazing. I give you a lot of credit, I don't think I could take a Scotchbrite pad to one of my guns, I would cringe for a week :)

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Typically it's the last one I bought. I recently bought a Nighthawk Custom Thunder Ranch so that's my favorite pistol to shoot. My favorite rifle to shoot is my Ruger Precision Rifle, very accurate. Here's the Thunder Ranch.
View attachment 6136
Nice gun! Did you regress the finish yourself, or did it come that way? Just curious, as I have put in many hours with a scotch brite pad with the exact results. I stumbled upon the process a few years ago when I accidently marred the finish on a brand new DW Guardian. It looked a lot better,(in my opinion) after I finished. Now, it seems to have become a trend.guardian.jpg

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike- That's the finish out of the factory. It used to be for only the TR, but now it seems like it's an option on everything they have. I saw it on an Agent 2 a few weeks ago, and it looked amazing. I give you a lot of credit, I don't think I could take a Scotchbrite pad to one of my guns, I would cringe for a week :)
I did! But the screw up that caused it was worse, so i just bit my tongue and started rubbing!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have to say the most comfortable shooting 1911 I have is Betsy, ;) born in 1917 she is a joy to shoot smooth reliable, & fun to shoot.
Something about an older women that just moves me. ;)

IMG_20201005_133856513.jpg

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
As I mentioned earlier, my favorite is typically the last one I bought, which was a NHC Thunder Ranch. However, upon reflection I always like to shoot my Sig P226 Legion in 9mm. One of my first guns I ever bought was a nickle plated .50AE Desert Eagle, so that one always brings a smile to my face, and also my .44 Mag Desert Eagle. I like to take the .50AE to the range when someone down the lane is rapid firing his AR15 (and not hitting anything). My .50AE usually drowns out his AR, always brings a smile to my face. It also shakes the cameras within the range. Plus, I have something for the zombie apocalypse, gotta be prepared :cool:
View attachment 6476
I like shooting my Sig P225A1, then my 70 series 1911 Combat Commander. I really like your Eagles!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed. I shoot what I own, all of them. No safe queens here. My most fun gun you say? This ruger flat top 5.5" barrel chambered in .44special . Absolutely a hoot to shoot. My butter soft bullseye loads provide just a bit of smoke, for authenticity. ha

Attachments

• 20200205_094710~2 (1).jpg
    20200205_094710~2 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed. I shoot what I own, all of them. No safe queens here. My most fun gun you say? This ruger flat top 5.5" barrel chambered in .44special . Absolutely a hoot to shoot. My butter soft bullseye loads provide just a bit of smoke, for authenticity. ha
Agreed, shoot what you got and enjoy for sure ..Nice Flat Top

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I love 'em all. But I have to say my old Marlin 60 with all of the desirable features is really fun shooting. It has the 22 inch barrel, 18+1 capacity and I upgraded the action to the last-shot-hold-open that came out the year after mine was built. It also has the MCARBO trigger kit, the DIP trigger and trigger guard and a Leupold 3x9x40 Rifleman scope with see- thru mounts. My Dad gave it to me 36 years ago. It is a treasure to me.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
My most enjoyable to shoot is what ever I happen to take to the range that day.
Decided I was going to take every pistol I own to the range ( not all @ once..)
Some pistols I probably haven't shot for a year..but I'm reminded how much I enjoy them when I do shoot them.
Recent one's I've enjoyed include..Sig 226S (Custom shop gun in 40S&W) S&W Mod. 29, Sig 232,
and the Jim Clark "Hardballer" a tuned 45acp 1911. Looking forward to warmer weather, snow being gone,
so I can spend some time with my rifles, & even the shotguns..they've been neglected (by becoming safe queens) for too long.

Latest posts