What’s Your Next Project

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I currently have this one under way but its boxed up while I await my new house and shop space to be finished.
119F319B-F3C8-47BC-AD0A-4E1FF3483773.jpeg 91BB7789-8778-46AB-8C8E-6B40ED51BF83.jpeg CFAC3170-7917-4AF2-B1B3-426F555737C0.jpeg 35237DBE-99C0-4B07-8A60-EB0CA2F5DF3A.jpeg Then this will be next. I have all the EGW fun pieces to fit already. I'm undecided on the style though. 3B3AAEA7-66B1-436E-AAAB-BEC3667F225E.jpeg

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I am still not to the point of building something from the frame up. Too little time in the day. Until the day comes, I'll let real smiths tend to my builds.

I have a couple of things that are coming due soon. One is pretty special. It has been in the works for a few years, and is the impetus for how my collection has migrated. A three gun set from Chambers Custom, in a hand built case.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm starting to wonder if I can have a .38 Superb (damn good turn of the phrase) barrel fit to my 9mm Defender. I just wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze with a 3" barrel...

@ThePlumber or @Joe C may want to help us out here. Any suggestions would be awesome!

I believe many makers use the same breech face dimensions for
9mm, 38 Superb and 40s&w therefore the main consideration is getting the correct extractor and ejector tuned to function with the simi-rimmed case of the
38 Superb. Dan Wesson however claims their 38 super and 9mm breechface is cut specifically fit each specific case. The real trick is to have the extractor and ejector tuned so the gun feeds and ejects with both rounds reliably.

In my case this is not so critical due to the fact that I load my 38 Superb using
Starline 38 Super Comp cases. This removes problems with the Semi rimmed
38 Superb cases. My task is getting these two guns to function with factory ammo as well as my 38 Super Comp loads without losing 9mm reliability.

The Valkyrie is a Commander 4.25" gun.
I have no clue how the 38 Superb
will function in or what the ballistics will be out of a 3" barrel.

Last edited:

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
@ThePlumber or @Joe C may want to help us out here. Any suggestions would be awesome!

I believe many makers use the same breech face dimensions for
9mm, 38 Superb and 40s&w therefore the main consideration is getting the correct extractor and ejector tuned to function with the simi-rimmed case of the
38 Superb. Dan Wesson however claims their 38 super and 9mm breechface is cut specifically fit each specific case. The real trick is to have the extractor and ejector tuned so the gun feeds and ejects with both rounds reliably.

In my case this is not so critical due to the fact that I load my 38 Superb using
Starline 38 Super Comp cases. This removes problems with the Semi rimmed
38 Superb cases. My task is getting these two guns to function with factory ammo
As well as my 38 Super Comp loads without losing 9mm reliability.

The Valkyrie is a Commander 4.25" gun.
I have no clue how the 38 Superb
will function in or what the ballistics will be out of a 3" barrel.
I will have to defer to the actual gunsmith, @Joe C. I know just enough to be dangerous.

quantico

Active Fanatic
i need to finish up a colt delta elite. i have done some action parts , but have not finished up the thumb safety. so i have some fitting issues to work on. time has been really tight with house and garage and car work. so likely it will be a while. i considered just handing the pistol to be finished up or at least getting the safety done, but i really enjoy knowing that the safety stuff is done correctly by me.