What’s Your Next Project

CJ

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that's cool!
For some strange reason.... I think I need one.
I figure that it can't be any worse then a Ruger .357 LCR with full boat 125 grain loads!

That is also not for the timid!
I'm with you Dwe :D that thing looks like a ton of fun

Joe C

Pass the mustard
Custom Builder
I'm just gonna warn ya @Dwe and @CJ, unless you like changing the recoil spring every 300-400 rounds and know how to fix it when it breaks I wouldn't recommend doing it. It's a lot of fun if you know what you are doing but there are reasons I don't build them for others.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm just gonna warn ya @Dwe and @CJ, unless you like changing the recoil spring every 300-400 rounds and know how to fix it when it breaks I wouldn't recommend doing it. It's a lot of fun if you know what you are doing but there are reasons I don't build them for others.

Understood!
Thanks.

Last edited:

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
crap, dang, and H E double hockey sticks!!! There is just something about that skip line checkering...............

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Hell if you didn't hit your target, you could blind him then kick him in the NUTZ lmao Game over... haha

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
0924182229.jpg I have an A2 Commander currently in the worx, but shelved temporarily while I complete a couple other favor projects. And a big shout out to my tool and die maker buddy, @Babboonbobo , who has just finished making me a checkering fixture for my mill. I'll get to try it out soon enough. Along with 1/2 dozen other necessary tools. Can't wait to put em to work.. I also will be fitting this to either my SA Trophy Match or my DW Valor SS. Unless a Milspec or colt calls my name before then.

Last edited:

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
I currently have this one under way but its boxed up while I await my new house and shop space to be finished.
View attachment 1218 View attachment 1217 View attachment 1216 View attachment 1215 Then this will be next. I have all the EGW fun pieces to fit already. I'm undecided on the style though. View attachment 1214
Hey, speaking of houses how is that thing coming buddy? You should be getting there yes? I think when I talked to you last I recall maybe a mention of November?

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I remember someone making a 38 Super Defender out of a 9mm Defender. The thread was in the Colt area at the 1911 forum (forums.1911forum.com). As I recall the barrel was made by Barstow and I can't remember where the person got the mags but somebody makes (made) them.

Why limit oneself to a little 38 Super. About the first year Colt made the Defender they also made it in 40 S&W and that is one pistol that is on my mental list to get for my shooty collection. With one of those one could think about a 10mm Defender project. Of course one could adapt a boring 45ACP Defender to shoot 45 Super. I think if I was going to do one of those projects I would look at the EGW recoil spring solution which I think EGW now makes for the Defender. I bought one for an Officers ACP. I think one might have to play with the spring strength of course.

On the other hand years ago I got to shoot a friends little Detonics in 451 Detonics and do I want to have THAT much fun again?

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Oh lordy...I have a whole list, but no time....LOL....

1) Springfield Armory 1911a1 Loaded in .40s&w: checkering, hand filing some sharp edges, flat top the slide (have to send out for that), install ramped 10mm barrel (then have 2 guns in 1!), trigger job, refinish.

2) Colt Delta Elite: new BTGS (rat-tail eats up my hand), ambi-safety, new sights, trigger job, checkering, french border (have to send out for that)

3) STI Trojan .45acp: new right side thumb safety (old one finally broke), new front sight, serrate the flat top slide (have to send out for that), larger magwell (I run this in Single Stack & Limited-10 USPSA), refinish.

4) Glock 19: remove finger grooves, stipple

On the reloading front....set up my .40s&w press to also load 10mm...and load a ton of .40 and .45!

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel a bit like the black sheep here. My next build appears to be a 1903 Springfield action, semi turned/inletted stock and a 35 caliber premium Douglas barrel blank. I'll have to farm the barrel work out to someone else of course. I'm thinking that instead of the 35 Whelen I'd been planning for so long maybe it'll be a 6.5/284. I can't think of any other calibers for the gun that I'd like. I don't want anything that uses a magnum bolt face or that it too long or short for that action. I think the 284 length should work great.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel a bit like the black sheep here. My next build appears to be a 1903 Springfield action, semi turned/inletted stock and a 35 caliber premium Douglas barrel blank. I'll have to farm the barrel work out to someone else of course. I'm thinking that instead of the 35 Whelen I'd been planning for so long maybe it'll be a 6.5/284. I can't think of any other calibers for the gun that I'd like. I don't want anything that uses a magnum bolt face or that it too long or short for that action. I think the 284 length should work great.
Nothing wrong with different.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I am still not to the point of building something from the frame up. Too little time in the day. Until the day comes, I'll let real smiths tend to my builds.

I have a couple of things that are coming due soon. One is pretty special. It has been in the works for a few years, and is the impetus for how my collection has migrated. A three gun set from Chambers Custom, in a hand built case.
Well now this is a pretty huge development. I am going to need more information. Lots and lots of pics, range reports, the usual. Doesn't get more exciting. I will be living vicariously through you on this one. ;)

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Latest project was getting my new RMR wedged into the slide. I had been running the auto adjust model and swapped over to the manual brightness model. CA2C3806-8233-4298-A9A0-20F813082E45.jpegCE9DA0B2-2886-4E1F-970C-1EAE86CE3329.jpeg

Latest posts