Pistol Caliber Carbine provisional rules

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
PCC may be an SBR sport.
Not at all what I was saying. Unfortunately, I'm saying that if the board reverses it's decision about suppressors, I see a lot of reshoots happening.

dennishoddy

We had/have the same issues with .22 rimfire rifle's in steel challenge. The RO has to be really close to the gun to get the timer to record. I had to change to a comp that made the gun louder so it would register.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
We had/have the same issues with .22 rimfire rifle's in steel challenge. The RO has to be really close to the gun to get the timer to record. I had to change to a comp that made the gun louder so it would register.
I have a comp on my rifle.
The big difference is that in Steel Challenge you're standing in one spot, unlike USPSA where the RO probably has no idea where you're moving to first or last.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Planning on bringing the uzi?
No Uzis. My finger would be worn out from that smooth 10# trigger pull. But some carbine. I've got a 4" bbl where the hand guard goes close to the end of the supressor but I don't want to shoot that without the can.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
WillR said:
No Uzis. My finger would be worn out from that smooth 10# trigger pull. But some carbine. I've got a 4" bbl where the hand guard goes close to the end of the supressor but I don't want to shoot that without the can.
The current rules prohibit suppressors

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
The current rules prohibit suppressors
I know. And they would create a lot of timer problems.

I'm saying I don't want my hand hanging out there in front of the muzzle without the supressor there

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
WillR said:
I know. And they would create a lot of timer problems.

I'm saying I don't want my hand hanging out there in front of the muzzle without the supressor there
I doubt anyone would. I built a 16" upper just for this.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Matt Rigsby said:
Not everyone can Make things Ready and be a Pro in their Shop with an extra red Dot to put on their Com-petition carbine.
Lol

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
This division sounds like a blast. I'd love to get a carbine build together for it.

Does anyone run those glock mag lowers?

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Palmetto State has been running a special on a Glock style complete lower for $269

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Scott C Taylor said:
Palmetto State has been running a special on a Glock style complete lower for $269
I think you have to use their proprietary upper with it though

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I have it on good accord the BoD will not change its mind on suppressors. The only way it would be allowed would be if everyone shooting a PCC with a suppressor accepts the fact that if the timer doesn't pick up the shots from an RO in a safe position, they will zero the stage with no reshoots. So like I said, I don't think the BoD will reverse that decision. :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
MikeF said:
No magazine capacity restrictions, but are they still limited to 170mm?
Where do you see that?
All I see is magazine capacity limit------none

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
There's no capacity limit in limited or open division either. You're just limited to how many you can fit in a 140 & 170mm mag.