Pistol Caliber Carbine provisional rules

mike_pinto said:
But there will be start positions for PC. What makes you think there wouldn't?
If the stage description is heels on xx's loaded and holstered for pistol, than the default for PCC would be facing downrange, safety on and finger off trigger. Any MD worth a damn is going to include PCC ready positions should there be a question with the pistol start position. If it isn't dictated, the only requirements is the aforementioned downrange, safety, trigger. Low ready, port arms, mounted at the first target.... It doesn't matter if the MD doesn't specify. I would bet that by July 1st there will be something that dictates the default starting position.
I would hope there would, but I could see a club match letting PPC play, but not doing anything over and above what they already do as far as match setup and stage descriptions. I think the more clubs perceive PCC as work, the less likely they may support it. at least initially. Lets hope not.

dennishoddy

mike_pinto said:
But there will be start positions for PC. What makes you think there wouldn't?
If the stage description is heels on xx's loaded and holstered for pistol, than the default for PCC would be facing downrange, safety on and finger off trigger. Any MD worth a damn is going to include PCC ready positions should there be a question with the pistol start position. If it isn't dictated, the only requirements is the aforementioned downrange, safety, trigger. Low ready, port arms, mounted at the first target.... It doesn't matter if the MD doesn't specify. I would bet that by July 1st there will be something that dictates the default starting position.
We discussed this new option at Ponca. The MD and stage designer approve of the new division. Just waiting the new rules to come.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
We discussed this new option at Ponca. The MD and stage designer approve of the new division. Just waiting the new rules to come.
welp, they're in the first post of this thread

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
mike cyrwus said:
I would hope there would, but I could see a club match letting PPC play, but not doing anything over and above what they already do as far as match setup and stage descriptions. I think the more clubs perceive PCC as work, the less likely they may support it. at least initially. Lets hope not.
For sure. I believe the default position will be low ready, facing directly downrange, but don't quote me on that. Low ready is being defined as shouldered, standing straight up with muzzle at waist level or lower, finger out of the trigger guard and carbine on safe. If I were a bettin man, that would probably be the guidance should there be a lack of PCC start instruction and the pistol instruction is not feasible.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't know Mike, I kinda like the idea of facing up range rifle held in one hand pointed behind me & the RO wondering wtf is going on.

mike_pinto said:
For sure. I believe the default position will be low ready, facing directly downrange, but don't quote me on that. Low ready is being defined as shouldered, standing straight up with muzzle at waist level or lower, finger out of the trigger guard and carbine on safe. If I were a bettin man, that would probably be the guidance should there be a lack of PCC start instruction and the pistol instruction is not feasible.
the muzzle at waist level or lower may be an issue with sbr's. I say pointing at the ground approx. 3yds away. thats specific enough to let an RO start you or hold you up.
I need to get a gun or head cam if Im going to be shooting this at matches

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
The belt level is an approximate and a generality for the correct position. The jest is none of this 3GN low ready, you know, shouldered and pointing at the bottom half of the first target you are going to shoot. :)

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
So Matt, when Lance was running the timer for me, he looked at it & the shots weren't registering. He had to make sure he was in the correct position, with the timer close to the rifle when I finished the stage, to make sure & get the last shot.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Wall said:
So Matt, when Lance was running the timer for me, he looked at it & the shots weren't registering. He had to make sure he was in the correct position, with the timer close to the rifle when I finished the stage, to make sure & get the last shot.
Which rifle and ammo?