Lets see some nice Commanders.

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
Can't say enough about my Raptor. Lot of guys don't like Kimber but as stated before; have Sigs, Glocks, Volquartsen, and Smith's; this one is the best for me!!

Attachments

• IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
.." Nice & I thought I had a collection...gotta let the wife see this. >
Thanks.
That is / was MOST of my 1911's.. it took a lot of years (about 40 or so) to gather mine together. Wife's never complained about my purchases,
she learned early that they are investments, as I have actually sold a few guns over the years, always selling for more than I paid for them.
When friends see the size of my collection, (those that do get to see them) I remind them, I didn't go out and buy a bunch @ a time,
maybe 1 or 2 a year.. (maybe more some years) ..spread over many years.
I obtained most my "wish list" pistols after I retired...a S&W model 41, a few Dan Wesson 1911's, even a Jim Clark "Hardballer " modified 1911,. as
I then had time to look around for them.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I just invested in a Glock 30s since all my 1911's have some custom work that I have done on them. With the legal situation & the crap going on don't need to carry a modified gun. The liberals will have you for breakfast, lunch & dinner plus a snack.
Have a beautiful Springfield light weight but again it's had some custom work done on it.

Sk8r

Active Fanatic
Well I just invested in a Glock 30s since all my 1911's have some custom work that I have done on them. With the legal situation & the crap going on don't need to carry a modified gun. The liberals will have you for breakfast, lunch & dinner plus a snack.
Have a beautiful Springfield light weight but again it's had some custom work done on it.

Not only that but if it comes to the point of use then no one wants to lose a custom (or anything like a custom) to the "evidence locker"!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Which Commander ? or which 1911. ?
They're kinda like children.. I don't choose favorites..

But for Commander sized, I tend to shoot the SS Colt Combat Commander & Dan Wesson CBOB a little more often than the others.
Otherwise (Govt model sized) I like my Delta Elite (that's currently wearing a Nowlin 40 S&W barrel fitted by my gunsmith) , but the Govt. sized SS S/A,
chambered in 9mm probably gets shot the most. When I want to feed a pistol 45's, the hard-chrome finished S/A ,
which was tuned many years ago by Terry Tussey or the Jim Clark Hardballer modified 70 series Colt Govt. gets used.
I try to give all my 1911's their turn @ the range, so none feel left out.
Good thing I hand load.

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
Anybody have a Nighthawk? And if so which one and how do you like it? Gonna get one; just don't know which one.

cxm

Active Fanatic
This stainless commander is about 25 years old now more or less.

The late Jim Clark worked on this Commander (though I doubt he worked on it himself) doing some trigger work, new beaver tail and hammer and trigger as well as giving the gun one of his 'melt down' jobs.

4c1EzCn.jpg

The result is an excellent carry gun that is completely reliable. It went with me to several schools including a Thunder Ranch pistol course and a range master course...

The next is a 1991 Commander that looks very pedestrian but is a really good shooter and has had several upgrades including BoMar sights, new beaver tail, hammer and thumb safety as well as an excellent trigger job by Ken Crowley.

KcSEmVI.jpg

Next we have a Combat Commander that is used mostly as a BBQ gun...

5T7YjR8.jpg

This commander is pretty much stock except it is chambered for 9x23 and has the original 9x19 barrel as well.

pScXPVJ.jpg

Also a 9x23 and 9mm this gun is the mate to the one shown above...

m9eTo6B.jpg

I guess that is enough for now... hope some of these are of interest...

V/r

Chuck

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
Not only that but if it comes to the point of use then no one wants to lose a custom (or anything like a custom) to the "evidence locker"!

I have no problem sending my Nighthawk there if it saved my life.

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
CJ,

I noticed this in your post:

LBT082.jpeg

Do you know its history?

I have one coming that has a slightly lower serial number and had LB research it for me. I was surprised to see another like mine.

Your has different grips and rear sight from when it was made.