Insane prices

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I was going through my ammunition supply. I found a sleeve of .22 magnum with a price sticker on it. It was a sleeve of 100 rounds and the sticker was marked $6.95. I thought at the time Damn that's too much money. Not NOW. I have enough of all for awhile no panic here. Crazy prices.

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
We picked up 500 rds of Fiocchi 9mm 115g the other day from some online retailer - can't remember who - for about .$0.45/rd, I think. Just because Pistol Annie gets nervous even though we still have quite a bit. But the thing is that when it arrived it looked like something dug out of someone's private stash in a storeroom somewhere. Boxes all beat up and torn, plastic trays inside all busted up, old-style Fiocchi packaging from several years ago.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
i placed a small order from Bayou bullets ( 1k bullets ) on Oct.9th..checking their website, they're saying there's a 12-14 wk. backlog..maybe longer, for orders.
I'm still waiting..just wish I'd placed a larger order back in Oct.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got enough to be comfortable for a year but I'm not shooting much at all either. I'm off work for as my daughter says "The COVID!" I loaded every mag I have, in all calibers and types. So I have about 200 various mags loads and everything else bulk packed in 50cal ammo cans!
last large volume 9mm purchase I made was in February or March for $245 a case and I thought that was a bit much!
Still buying smaller quantities of anything when I find it for a reasonable price.
Bought 800 rnds of 62gr 5.56 for $325 and 250rnds of 45acp for $118 recently so some decent deals are still around if you're patient.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Ammo? This image below will make you sick... I found this in some old firearms related image files on my laptop. The date/stamp on the computer says July 8th, 2017.

Georgia Arms ammo at one of the gun shows back in the summer of 2017:

150gr FMJ .308 ammo, 50 rounds: $34 bucks................................230gr FMJ .45 ACP ammo, 50 rounds: $18 bucks.
Georgia.Arms.Ammo.jpg

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I stopped at my regular shop (bigger local shop) today and they had just received a pretty good shipment of ammo and firearms.
Lots of different 9mm all at $32.99/50 and a nice variety of mid priced pistols and ARs
I overheard the salesmen talking to a few customers and they said the ammo and the mid priced firearms would all be gone by dinner time because the buyers were still at work!!
I was there at 2pm today but I was there a week ago about dinner time and customers were stacked three deep waiting on NICS checks and all carrying whatever ammo at the limits they could buy!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I still see 22lr at Rural King and Fin Feather Fur often.

It looks like the time for .22s it cost next to nothing, and we can maintain muscle memory by still shooting.
I must admit no .22lr round will ever take the place of Center fire cartridges for me but theydo go bang & put dinner in the pot.

In NC you are allowed to take deer with a 22 LR. I have taken deer with brain shots using Winchester 40gr Hi-vel solid points & they fall right down dead.
I believe the .22 will once again become very popular & hard to find, so stock up now.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It looks like the time for .22s it cost next to nothing, and we can maintain muscle memory by still shooting.
I must admit no .22lr round will ever take the place of Center fire cartridges for me but theydo go bang & put dinner in the pot.

In NC you are allowed to take deer with a 22 LR. I have taken deer with brain shots using Winchester 40gr Hi-vel solid points & they fall right down dead.
I believe the .22 will once again become very popular & hard to find, so stock up now.
I can hardly find anything... And when I do, the prices are crazy. We recently had a gun show in town. There's usually a ton of ammo. There was none, AT A GUN SHOW!

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
As I have said we saw all this coming early last year and prepared for it well

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I can hardly find anything... And when I do, the prices are crazy. We recently had a gun show in town. There's usually a ton of ammo. There was none, AT A GUN SHOW!

Wildcats just like lightning never strikes twice in the same place & they want $23.00 for 50

This is poor quality ammo from Winchester worth $4.00 a box at most but it's in stock

Last time I bought these a few years ago they were under $5.00 at the LGS.

Last edited:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Wildcats just like lightning never strikes twice in the same place & they want $23.00 for 50

This is poor quality ammo from Winchester worth $4.00 a box at most but it's in stock

Last time I bought these a few years ago they were under $5.00 at the LGS.
Like I said...crazy. That Winchester Wildcat is almost as sorry as Remington Thunderbolt ammo. My 2 rifles like CCI Minimags, Velocitors and Stngers. I've got a huge number of Minimags.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Like I said...crazy. That Winchester Wildcat is almost as sorry as Remington Thunderbolt ammo. My 2 rifles like CCI Minimags, Velocitors and Stngers. I've got a huge number of Minimags.
Have you ever tried the SSS 60gr .22 LR by https://www.aguilaammo.com/ammunition/1b220112/

If you have a rifle that will shoot them they will amaze you at 50 & 100 yards.
Great grouping set at 6" high @ 50, they drop right in the center at 100. My 10/20 keyholes them at 75yds.
My 2 Remington 511 X 22 LR 6 shot Bolt actions both love them.

Latest posts