Insane prices

Wags

Fanatic
Here is a screenshot from Cheaperthandirt.com selling .45acp ammo for $500 for 250 rounds. I'm hoping people are not buying at these ridiculous prices. $2000 for 1K rounds is insane!!!

Attachments

• C2330CAB-CC36-4CC5-9C5B-9B125B78EFD0.png
    C2330CAB-CC36-4CC5-9C5B-9B125B78EFD0.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 13

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Sure not buy any here we saw all this coming in late Feb and planned well for it so no issues here at all. Most all my friends also did same. Casting and loading and in great shape on ammo and components. CTD is well known for these prices.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
My son went in Academy today when it opened said they had about anything but 22 rf limit 3 so he got 3 buckets of 9mm, .20 round Rem UMC. I had a battery go dead in my PU truck replaced at Walmart they had 6 bx of 22 rf limit 3 1575 rounds total $15.97 525 rounds Federal carton. Admit I was very surprised to see it now getting a live person was the issue to help me.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen people bidding on gunbroker running prices on .45 ACP up to $2.00 a round and still going crazy. If you look you can tell they are newbi's not knowing what the hell they are paying and driving prices up even further. I've been stocking up since the Obummer era, so I ain't looking to pay crazy numbers.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
The last time I did business with them, I ordered 4 of the Remington .22 LR "buckets" at $69 ea., just as the Great .22 shortage was building. He originally showed them in stock, then started delaying the order, finally letting me know he could ship them at 3-4 times the original price. Needless to say, I told the scumbags what they could do with the ammo. The absolute worst in the business in my book!

Happy Turkey Day All!

JoeDice

Fanatic
The last ammo shortage these SOBs did the same thing and took advantage of the situation and jacked there prices way up . They are DEAD TO ME , just like the NFL . I haven't even visited their website for several years .. If we all did that .... Their business would fail , and that is what they deserve..

brooksharris

Fanatic
Here is a screenshot from Cheaperthandirt.com selling .45acp ammo for $500 for 250 rounds. I'm hoping people are not buying at these ridiculous prices. $2000 for 1K rounds is insane!!!
And I recall during the Obama administration they were selling a 20 round box of generic 5.56 fmj for $30. I want everyone to see what price gougers they are!

sambob

New Fanatic
Yeah, I did a round count back In March and topped off to a lvl I was comfortable with, about a month later I was seeing supply drying up and prices going sideways so I decided no range trips this year maybe not even next year depends how long It takes for prices to come back from "STUPID".
I urge everyone to tighten you're belts and wait It out.
Also applys to new gun purchases as well "there's NO reason you should pay double the price that you would have paid last year".

Pitt2500

Fanatic
I live in DFW and went to their Fort Worth location many years ago when .380 was so hard to come by.
They had just gotten one case of it in the store and had it posted at $99.99 per box.
I'll never forget what the owner said to a bitching customer when the owner said that is the only case of 380 I've been able to get in three months and if you don't want to buy it someone else will. I'm not holding a gun to your head to buy it if you don't want to then do not. He also said a gun with NO ammo is nothing but an expensive paperweight.
I left about 20 minutes later as I was buying something from the catalog pick up and all but two boxes were gone.

NITINOL

Fanatic
The {CENSORED} at ctd did this at last shortage. $175.00 for a 20 rd box of 'whatever' small rifle caliber(mail magazines). I had later, after return to normalcy, got a pack of ammo cans, they weren't carrying ammo at that time. A friend brought this to my attention as well as Midway USA 's practices. So I've been trying not to give ctw any of my money. Screw the bastards.
Note: big box stores still get stuff close to reg price. When what cones in goes to their main warehouse, then they piece it out to ALL the stores. They don't have a bunch of middlemen and its business as usual, except for the small amount, as all cost go.
Mom-n-Pop shops now are probably buying in bulk, offline (online? / off/from online?).
Individuals with money can do it themselves, if they can find a source or can go in as a group buy, almost said thing. May not have the connections as the stores/FFLs.
ALSO: please utlize the 'notify when back in stock' option button on the good websites. Then do NOT hesitate when emailed.
I've seen a buck a round for 9mm. Same for 5.56/223. Also some 3rd gen hollowpoints for 45, 50 ct boxes of course, from 45, ouch, to 60 +, insane, a box. Depending on need, I might go past 43 for the top stuff. Just have to delay range trips till sure I can replace stock.
Glad I was stocking up thru the previous year.
Good luck.

Pitt2500

Fanatic
However back when CTD had pick up at stores at catalog prices, I remember buying 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 FMJ for maybe $179 and HP or SP for maybe $199.
if only I knew then what I know now!!

show_boat

New Fanatic
I have noticed what they are doing also and I feel the same as the rest of you guys where cheaperthandirt is concerned, they have gotten my last dollar.

Rob Biedermann

Active Fanatic
As many have already said - I will never do business with CTD. They tried to sell P-Mags after Sandyhook for $99, gouging on ammo during the past 10 years of shortages, etc.

I prefer to do the "Notify When Back In Stock" from retailers that have fair pricing. Try SuperVel - they did me right on 6000 rounds of 9mm reloads a couple of months ago. They refuse to gouge and they have a customer for life now.

Good luck to everyone looking for ammo - really hope this all gets behind us soon, but afraid we're in for a long one this time!!