IDPA in Oklahoma City

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Didn't I see pics of a new range in that town just north of Edmond a month or 2 ago? Maybe they will start holding IDPA matches.
no pistol matches, but I have it on good authority that there'll probably be some shotgun matches at that place.

BTW: Burk's correct, total douche :)

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I think it would be great if someone came up with something that a family could get into like that cup match. Not saying you can not do it with IDPA or IPSC, but as was mentioned the cost associated with something like the pins and cups of water is less expensive.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Fellas I feel your sentiment about using hte term douche', but come on do you think the person in question would leave the ladies feeling fresh and smelling like flowers not to mention clean?

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
What kind of shotgun matches? And what is this range?

It is the range Jesse is building behind his new house. I'm going out on a limb that he will be hosting only tactical shotgun matches since his skeet/sporting clays skills are ****.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The shotgun matches I was referring to are going to be at my range in Guthrie. I currently have four bays that are roughly 30 yards deep by 20 yards wide. We can shoot into another 1/2 sided bay as well as possibly having a short jungle run along the back of two bays. We can shoot slugs out to 50 yards with ease and 100 with some care. The biggest problem I have is that I have no walls, only about 12 target stands and no gravel or grass anywhere yet. I love the high plains style IPSC shot gun stuff so that's how my matches will be run. June is a long way off so lots can change between now and then.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
The shotgun matches I was referring to are going to be at my range in Guthrie. I currently have four bays that are roughly 30 yards deep by 20 yards wide. We can shoot into another 1/2 sided bay as well as possibly having a short jungle run along the back of two bays. We can shoot slugs out to 50 yards with ease and 100 with some care. The biggest problem I have is that I have no walls, only about 12 target stands and no gravel or grass anywhere yet. I love the high plains style IPSC shot gun stuff so that's how my matches will be run. June is a long way off so lots can change between now and then.

Sheeut,
I have a couple or three poopers, a turner, and a beartrap/clma shell I could bring. Grass is just nice ;) stands are cheap and if you have someone to hack and someone to throw a quick bead they are cheap and fast to build. Walls can be as light as PVC or sturdy with braces. You can sink pipe on a grid / pattern and just uncap the pipe and stick the uprights in as well for the wall. Barricades again lt or more hvy duty. Plywood with a hinge/s makes for a quick cornor or even angle other than 90 degrees with various options of support. Go to freeidaho.and they have a few plans for active targetshttp://parmarng.org/freeidaho/AlSkDjFhG/index.html

HOME
Parma_Rod_&_Gun_Club
Nampa_Rod_Gun_Club
Gem_Country_Rod_&_Gun_Club

Ball_Cap_Comfort
Belt_Grinder
Benelli_Throat
Benelli_Thumb_Saver
Brass_Hound_Tool
Camper_Dolly
Chronograph Armor
Clay_Pigeon_Flipper
Collapsable_Plate_Holder
Different_Shooting_Bag
Door_Surprise_Target
Door_&_Wall_Prop
Drop_Leg_Target
Drop_Turn_Target
Electric_Monorail_Mover
Flashlight_Mount_Bayonet_Lug
Flashlight_Mount_AR_Forestock
Folding_SUV_Prop
Glock_Manual_Thumb_Safety
Gun_Case_Tether
Holster_1
Holster_2
Holster_3
Holster_4
Holster_5
Holster_6
Jumping_Jack_Flash_2_Target
Match_Setup_Trailer
Mechanics_Stool
Panel_Ribbing_Tool
Plus_Minus_Target_stand
Portable_Clothes_Line_Mover
Printable_Targets
PVC_Target_Stand
PVC_Rocking_Target
Reed_Rattler_Target
Reed_Reactive_Target
Rocking_Target
Rolling_Shooting_Box
Shooter_Powered_Mover
Shotgun_Shell_Holder_Modification
Simple_Wooden_Mover_2
Skateboard_Mover
Skateboard_Mover_Indoors
Snail_Bullet_Trap
Spray_Paint_Template
Welding_Cart
Wooden_Reactive_Target
Zipper_Pull
2007_IDPA_Nationals
2009_IDPA_Nationals
2011_IDPA_World
3-Gun_Cart
3D_Threat_Indicator

CONTACT_ME

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
If you look at the RRT it is way cool. You can shoot it from 3 yds away. All splat goes down and you will see a line being cut just below the shoulder line on the target. These are the cats meow for making folks take head shot sor -0/A zone hits or making them speed up for failure to stop drills. Used them at my old club.

The drop leg targets my sister club had some made up and they are great for shooting under things or just putting a shoot behind it and using the drop leg target as a N.S

Always wanted to try the rattler.

I have used the commercial +/- targets and much prefer the style with angle iron in an H pattern with square tubing.

Wish I had skills and tools but I dont.

A buddy of mine in AL is using or using something like the mover on a rail and it is way cool.

If there is something you think of trying give me a shout, I have a buddies that make a lot of the major IDPA matches and try and steal good ideas for targets and props. Might save some time on your part or you might be able to improve on an existing idea.

Hey just because I Don't Practice Anymore (or shoot) doesn't mean I wont try and support the good guys.

BTW I did the mod on my C.W shell caddies a few yrs ago and it works fine - a great improvement slightly less distance to the shells as well.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss

your turning into that kid in middle school that everyone wants to be friends with because they have the coolest stuff!!! also, i made you a BFF bracelet

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
your turning into that kid in middle school that everyone wants to be friends with because they have the coolest stuff!!! also, i made you a BFF bracelet

Even after hearing all you fellas rag on him I figure if he has his own range I could at least try and meet this guy and pretend if i have to ;) Though a BFF bracelet is over the top even for me ;)

I lost it when i saw that just thinking about grown men with a BFF status, and a bracelet. Oh from yet anther grown man at that. ;) Wait that might just be scary lol

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
There had been discussion at 1 time about contacting Sgt Everett to see about starting and indoor IDPA type weeknight league. It would have to be small stages and reset each time but might work for IDPA. That's what we did at Hinton.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Well done getting us back on topic.
If they are willing it would at least see how much interest would be generated and if there is a waiting list then maybe multiple nights if one is wanting to do it. A couple nights a week wit the same stages would give folks options and allow for more shooters.

Thing with small area is to have quick setup and breakdown. If you can run the same props in a different order, shooting style, start position, add take away no shoots and hard cover or just add on to the existing stage it makes things fairly quick as well as stringing two small stages together to make a longer third.

If there is enough depth you can set up two stages adn shoot the front stage, lay the targets down and move back and shoot the second. If there is enough width you can place two stage and alternate shooting the stages and then go down to score and past both at the same time to speed things up a bit. Better if two SOs.

Mostly the amount of shooters and how much time is willing to give to the match. Shooters like to shoot and talk, mostly shoot so the stages need to be quick or enduring; mostly quick. With a max R.C of 18 on target and only 31 max rounds carried the time is usually used up in getting the shooter ready and scoring/pasting.

Hinton with a start time of usually 2:30 or later was finished by 5/5:30 for 5-6 stages with one squad. You just have to keep folks pasting and being ready.

Great bunch of folks shot at Hinton and I hope they found some place to continue shooting.

Latest posts