IDPA at OKC Gun Club

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
stan686 said:
Mitch, the rule book can be found on the IDPA website, http://www.idpa.com/
I'm sure that you'll find the answers to your questions there.
Constantly linking the rulebook to answer questions is incredibly unhelpful. Thanks for trying though. Maybe another IDPA enthusiast will come along and provide actual answers for my noob querys.

There is a stark difference in the way IDPA questions are answered here as compared to how USPSA questions are answered. And a lot of defensive attitude. It's ominous.

penman53

Fanatic
Hey guys lets remember what the post is about. I appreciate what you all know about IDPA, and IPSC etc. Would you, will you commit to shooting IDPA at the OKC gun club if I can get the board to approve it? ???? I really need some numbers to take to the board to make them think it is worth while ok?

Thanks, Mark

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch as I understand it there is a max of 18 rounds per stage. In the 1/2 dozen matches I've shot I've never needed a third mag....

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
Lol.....well, just trying to be helpful. I have nothing to be defensive about but don't wait on me to read you the rule book.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Well, my PPS only has 6 and 7-round mags available, so that's a concern. I guess four mags would cover it, plus allow for some slop. I still shoot a bit low with the PPS. Thanks Jeff.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Mitch Gibson said:
Well, my PPS only has 6 and 7-round mags available, so that's a concern. I guess four mags would cover it, plus allow for some slop. I still shoot a bit low with the PPS. Thanks Jeff.
I'm pretty sure you can only have two mags on your belt.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Mitch Gibson said:
I was thinking PPX, Guess we should both look the actual rules. If I shoot IDPA again it will be with my Shield....

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
jeffhughes said:
Mitch as I understand it there is a max of 18 rounds per stage.
sweet, I could do this with 1 mag.
Actually, I could probably bring all my match ammo pre loaded in my mags & not have to worry about refilling between stages

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Finally got something useful from the rule book. Magazines are called loading devices. Since mine only hold 6-7 rounds, I can have one loading device in the gun and three extra loading devices on my person.
The number of loading devices depends upon the loading device capacity.

penman53

Fanatic
Here is an update on IDPA at the OKC gun club
I spoke with both IPSC chairs and Suzie Rouse at and before the last board meeting. There is nothing but positive replys to the request. I will be formally approaching the board at the February meeting and I fully expect to get the go ahead. I have also talked to the cowboy action folks all good. So it looks very favorable for this to come to fruition. It looks very positive. Anyone willing to be SO's or willing to take the SO class please email me at [email protected] I think we need to get this show on the road.

Jared LaVarnway

Well-Known Fanatic
sweet, I could do this with 1 mag.Actually, I could probably bring all my match ammo pre loaded in my mags & not have to worry about refilling between stages

I think you can only have a maximum of 10 rounds in any mag at any time. Except at the start of the stage where you can have 1 in the chamber and 10 in the mag.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
The big question is what day are you eye balling for idpa?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm a non voting memeber and think it's a good idea. Not saying that I'll shoot this type of match personally as I prefer to load em up and I don't like shooting till you're dry...but that's a choice I get to make.

I think that there are plenty of folks in the area that would shoot IDPA matches. Choices to shoot different guns in all different types of matches/styles is part of the fun.

Hats off to penman53 for sticking his neck out for something new and opening another avenue for shooters and possibly new shooters too.

buzzdraw

Active Fanatic
poopgiggle said:
I'm pretty sure you can only have two mags on your belt.
Once upon a time that was true; no longer. Under certain circumstances you can have three or four loading devices. The rule that applies to this allows more than 2 ,if the loading devices for the gun you are running in a particular division carry LESS than the allowable maximum. Specific Rule is 8.1.4

Loading device could be a magazine, moon clip or a revolver speed loader.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
What is the rationale for limiting the amount of ammo a shooter can carry?

Latest posts