Have You Ever Just not Bonded With a Gun?

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the same feelings towards my PPS M2..feels great in the hand, but trying to put shots in the bullseye @ 7 yds has been disappointing.
Bought it for a thin, light, 9mm pocket /concealed piece. It is all that but disappointed in my ability to shoot it precisely... but feel my expectations for
accuracy may be unrealistic for what is a made for, a carry piece. I chalk it up to my dislike for polymer framed pistols.
It is very reliable.

pcb

Fanatic
Sig M18, tried different grip frame, barrel length. I could not shoot it, jammed, would not group. Sold it for a Glock 19x.
With that said, I carry a Beretta LTT 92 carry.

popeye1959

Fanatic
Kel-Tec Sub2000. 1st one had 2 out of battery detonations and got fixed by Kel-Tec. The second time they replaced the barrel, bolt, feed ramp, trigger group and grip frame (came back with a modified serial number). Never fired it after that. Later they offered to upgrade me to the Gen 2 version if I would send them the Gen 1 and $100. Did that and shot it a couple times but still find myself not really liking it much. I prefer to shoot the Ruger PC Carbine. I am the Hotel California of firearms so I just don't ever consider letting it go...

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
I have this Kimber Gold Match 1911 fully built by John Jardine.

The gun works on the "think system". I think about the target and it hits it! The gun is a laser guided heat seeker.

This pistol IS SOOOO GOOD I think I could hold it backwards with my eyes closed and hit what ever I think about. It's beyond custom……it's magic!

As far as "Not Bonding"…..I have this FN FNP…..LOVE the pistol but can't shoot it for sh*t! I carry it in crapistan because….15 rounds of the lords caliber……… I would not carry my Jardine in ca (If a tyrannical cop wanted to confiscate my Jardine I'd have to shoot him)……just say'n

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Aforementioned gun has been sold. I better not ever hear about any guns I own from my loving wife... All my guns were paid for, said gun was sold to pay debt...

All good though, will be chasing a 2011 this summer or fall.

Makarovi

Active Fanatic
I have the same feelings towards my PPS M2..feels great in the hand, but trying to put shots in the bullseye @ 7 yds has been disappointing.
Bought it for a thin, light, 9mm pocket /concealed piece. It is all that but disappointed in my ability to shoot it precisely... but feel my expectations for
accuracy may be unrealistic for what is a made for, a carry piece. I chalk it up to my dislike for polymer framed pistols.
It is very reliable.
My PPS M1 was very reliable also, I just couldn't bond with it. Believe it or don't but I went with a G48 to replace the PPS and haven't looked back. Just as reliable with more real estate for my XL hands plus 2 or 3 more rounds in OEM mags to boot. (depending on which mag in the PPS)

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Sig M18, tried different grip frame, barrel length. I could not shoot it, jammed, would not group. Sold it for a Glock 19x.
With that said, I carry a Beretta LTT 92 carry.
When I tried the LTT Beretta 92 I could not believe how much better it is than the Wilson Berettas. I did not believe they could wring so much more out of it.

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Hmm, the LTT looks very interesting. I have been wanting a 92 of some sort for a LONG time.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just looked @ the Beretta LTT...pricey option,...IMO.
I bought a Taurus 92, back in the late 70's-early 80's ? as I'd read about the company. Taurus was a Beretta factory built in Brazil to make govt. contract guns in S.America. I considered my Taurus a "Brazilian Beretta", at about 1/2 the price. I found that pistol to be more than I expected, still have it. I believe Taurus
Model 92 /99 was the reason the company grew as much, & fast ,as it did. They're great pistols..I offer as evidence of their quality ( at least in this model) that after the 92 had been on the market for a few years, the price on them rose, to where they were < than $100 price difference between a Taurus 92 & a Beretta 92

Shortly after I bought my 92, I had Terry Tussey install a set of Millet adj. rear / red ramp front, sights on it. I believe the sight set was made for a Beretta, but fit the Taurus like it was made for it. Only other mods Idid was a set of Pachmeyer grips & ( I think ) I put in a trigger spring kit.
That Taurus has swallowed more bullets than any handgun I own.
Taurus 92 R.JPG

Last edited:

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Just looked @ the Beretta LTT...pricey option,...IMO.
I bought a Taurus 92, back in the late 70's-early 80's ? as I'd read about the company. Taurus was a Beretta factory built in Brazil to make govt. contract guns in S.America. I considered my Taurus a "Brazilian Beretta", at about 1/2 the price. I found that pistol to be more than I expected, still have it. I believe Taurus
Model 92 /99 was the reason the company grew as much, & fast ,as it did. They're great pistols..I offer as evidence of their quality ( at least in this model) that after the 92 had been on the market for a few years, the price on them rose, to where they were < than $100 price difference between a Taurus 92 & a Beretta 92

Shortly after I bought my 92, I had Terry Tussey install a set of Millet adj. rear / red ramp front, sights on it. I believe the sight set was made for a Beretta, but fit the Taurus like it was made for it. Only other mods Idid was a set of Pachmeyer grips & ( I think ) I put in a trigger spring kit.
That Taurus has swallowed more bullets than any handgun I own.
View attachment 30770
very nice and I hear you but a Taurus is no Beretta and a factory Baretta is not a Wilson Beretta which, though VERY nice is no LTT.

It's the nature of the design that makes the Beretta…..(or Taurus clone) swallow so many cartridges but there is no comparison in materials, fit and function.

Langdon makes the Beretta 92 as good as it can possibly be IMO.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
When I faith in a gun, car, or dog, then I bond with it. If it becomes undependable I will unbond from it.