From the Reloading Bench...

Legion489

Fanatic
That one case (photo one and two, photo1 one where you can see light shining half way down, and photo 2 looks like it is cracked all the way down) probably should not be shot, although there is at least one idiot here who will tell you it is OK.

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Well Monday is now decided going to be a shooting day before the nasty weather hits Tuesday afternoon, 1911 45, Shield 45 & 8" 9mm AR going to need to be cleaned tomorrow pm for sure load again later week, re check drop tables for 9mm AR for match next week in my plan. Looking for another great day to shoot! We have some new just cast 115's 9mm to try out, shot very few in AR almost all 124.

22ConversionUnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Last re-loading session for now. Loading a couple of hundred of my home cast 125g 9mm (sized .356) over 4.2g W231. These are being loaded for my (pictured) Colt 9mm Competition Model. I'm using a vintage RCBS Auto 4X4.

IMG_2415.JPG

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Very productive day today range trip got about 2 gallons of brass from weekend shooters and range was packed today for a week day, everything shot great, then the rain hit as we were packing up and cleaning. Some stayed and shot in the rain, just thinking of all that probably not picked up brass, my friend shot over 400 rounds through one handgun, my 8" 9mm AR shot great, I was doing chest to head drills at several distances for next week's match.
All our brass was picked up prior the wet stuff.

Last edited:

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking at another reloading day with our weather here coming very soon, for me more 9mm cast 124's. with WST powder. Was told the 10" 300 Blackout AR arrival day should be late this week or early next so another caliber to load and cast for coming.

Any new re-loaders here yet?
I started in the 7-8th grade of school with several others also. I never dreamed of the amounts we load now. If not for casting these would not be happening.
I survived a life threatening illness in the 5th grade and dad said he would get me anything I wanted when well, so an incentive there for sure I got a 1911 45 and a 5 screw S&W 6" 38 Spl, I could not afford ammo mowing yards as much as I liked to shoot so reloading grew from that. MY DENTIST TALKED HIM INTO IT! When I 1st got my Star Progressive I remember loading for about 2 days straight all day and evening rarely stopping.

22ConversionUnut

Well-Known Fanatic
You need to post some pic's STI.
I also have a Star. It's a Universal currently set up in .45ACP but I also have a .38 Special tool head. Hulme case feeder and Brewster indexer. I've never heard of anyone loading 9mm with Winchester WST? What is your recipe?

IMG_2420.JPG

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
That is exactly like mine 99% I have 4 die sets 2 heads and sizer, 9mm WST was about the best load I have found also easy to get and meters well, I am loading 124 plated and hard cast 4 gr to 4.2 for me. Very mild and super accurate, go back to some of the older data. 4 gr is as low as I go have gone to 4.5 you do not need that much, thank you for posting it gives me a good feeling to see it, mine was $175 new with 2 die sets from Gil Hebbard yrs back it is a 1 owner and looks as new but so many 1000's loaded on it. They just work! 9mm-38/357-45-30carbine, I have a source for original parts if you should ever need any.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Good for you there 41c
my day will be mowing a dog kennel before it rains and get a great meal for it Looks like my Wed will be either a shoot or reload/cast day here, may get to fish again if weather co-operates which it has not in weeks, also fish lots, LOTS!

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Beautiful here out ! winds about 30 and light rain! Per weather lady fishing Tomorrow loading Thursday here. Mostly 9mm day, we shot over 400 last weekend in class/match.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
With our rain here no doubt Sat next week match will be cancelled unless we bring boats rain every day forecasted so loading again it seems. Are those Herrets grips I had some like that on my LW Commander I used to think they were the best I ever saw. Wish I had it back!

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
With our rain here no doubt Sat next week match will be cancelled unless we bring boats rain every day forecasted so loading again it seems. Are those Herrets grips I had some like that on my LW Commander I used to think they were the best I ever saw. Wish I had it back!

Herrets, yes Sir. Sorry to here about all your rain.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I met Jeff Cooper many years ago and he had them on his Commander so I had to also get some, just have not seen them in many years.

Latest posts