EZ Add on Rail for 1911

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
Is this an "unsightly" add - on? I don't think that aesthetics have anything to do with getting one of these. Hell, I don't personally think that rails on a 1911 are aesthetically pleasing. You want 'em, you can have 'em. Rails are a functional thing. I've got a Colt XSE Rail Gun that I bought specifically as a "home defense " pistol years ago. I haven't bought any other pistols with rails for that purpose. Most of us here know what we want and spend our money accordingly. Not everyone has the financial resources to do so. I just got an email from Rob Bianchin at Cabot guns asking me to look at their OAK (One of a Kind) pistols. All it takes is a $5000 deposit and then you can "design your own pistol", complete with meteorite grips and sights. I can afford anything that Cabot can make. However, I'm not in the market for a "Display gun". I have shotguns that cost over $30K and I've put over 100,000 rounds through them. If I can't shoot 'em, I won't own 'em. Do what you like with your money.

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting and thanks for the review. How long is it?

If it replaces the slide stop on the 1911, I wonder what's replaced on the Beretta 92 series?

SLAM, that looks like the set up from Recover. I looked at them (or at least the pics online) for my non-rail Beretta 92 Compact L and the deal breaker for me is the rail and grips are molded together so they replace the grip panels you already have. I have to run slim panels on the Beretta line so that's a no-go for me. At least with the EZ Rail, I could still run my slim panels.

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks. I suspect it's probably a touch long for a Colt Defender.

Tactical Woody

Fanatic
Interesting and thanks for the review. How long is it?

If it replaces the slide stop on the 1911, I wonder what's replaced on the Beretta 92 series?

Nothing is replaced on the Beretta. Many 1911's do not require the additional slide stop either. It just depends on the length of the Slide Stop.

SLAM, that looks like the set up from Recover. I looked at them (or at least the pics online) for my non-rail Beretta 92 Compact L and the deal breaker for me is the rail and grips are molded together so they replace the grip panels you already have. I have to run slim panels on the Beretta line so that's a no-go for me. At least with the EZ Rail, I could still run my slim panels.

Tactical Woody

Fanatic
in the pictures above you can see the EZ rail was a little long for the compact styled 1911's. but the front of it can be grinded flat and back a it to fit the pistol just right!

Tactical Woody

Fanatic
Saw one of these locally....I'll stick with my initial impressions.
Bender you are missing the point on the EZ rail.

Who gives a flip what it looks like??? The primary idea is that it gives you the ability to attach a light/laser on your good old rail-less 1911 in a second if needed and when done...remove it in a second. It is not meant to stay on it full time... although it can if you want...it is that solid!!

But hell man you are giving an opinion on the looks when you should be considering your options for an emergency situation. And also realize that some people don't own 35 different 1911's...some folk may have one...they also may not have a lot of money but they would like to have an option of a tac light or laser.

What is your option without an EZ Rail??? All other add on rails require tools or an armorer and pretty much will or may damage the finish! Most are clunky and take up room in the trigger area because they wrap around the trigger guard. And they look pretty funky/clunky once screwed on. So basically your options are to have a addon rail screwed around a trigger guard that requires tools and will be on semi permanently. They also are aluminum and will scratch a finish.

So it seems you are still upset with me because I didn't introduce myself correctly before I put out an available accessory. I responded to your initial rant and have tried to become a member of the "Friendliest Website on the internet" But is seems you have a chip on your shoulder...

So if all you have is an "initial impression" my friend and don't like the design...you may want to investigate other options before you try to put me and the EZ Rail down. I'm attaching a picture with most of the other options and all but one will require manual labor that keeps a rail on semi permanently...that one is the EZ Rail...1911 add ons.jpg

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I have not grudges against you. I have no ill feelings of your first post being a listing for your product.
I simply stated what I see. Seems you can't handle criticism? As far as an emergency use for a light? What are my options if I don't buy your EZ Rail or have a pistol with a rail? I have two hands. I have trained for years using my weak hand to hold & activate the light as well as adding support for the strong hand with the weapon. You fail to remember that I HAVE seen and held a pistol with this rail installed. I wouldn't use any of the products you listed above. Hell, one is simply a light activation button and not a add-on mount for a light.

"......initial rant....." are you serious? You were in the military, retired from the military and you call THAT post a rant? I was taking up for you and posting about comments in this thread. I sent you a message suggesting you introduce yourself, as that may help with your sales. Did you simply care to not see that? So my initial rant, in your eyes was two words? "Rather unattractive add-on rail" is this the rant you speak of?

I was done commenting on this as it has become a grave train wreck. However, you called me back out, so here we are. I don't own 35 1911s, but I do have one with a rail. I will not apologize for my thoughts on the product. It seems you can't accept an honest, non sugar coated opinion of this product. It seems you are a bit bothered with my comments. That really sucks for you, but the product is what it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts