Every Day Carry

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Tom Koch said:
Need to add a nice flashlight among other things
Check out the Pelican 1910, 1920, or the Streamlight Microstream. All use AAA batreries, the 1910 and Microstream are about the size of chapstick.

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Check out the Pelican 1910, 1920, or the Streamlight Microstream. All use AAA batreries, the 1910 and Microstream are about the size of chapstick.
Thanks..yea I have been looking at the microstream and the protac. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Chasegibson

Well-Known Fanatic
my micro stream isn't working very well and the tail cap fell off after a week. I am looking at a thrunite t10 now, haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Chasegibson said:
my micro stream isn't working very well and the tail cap fell off after a week. I am looking at a thrunite t10 now, haven't pulled the trigger yet though.
Weird. Mine has been great. I carry it at work everyday and it gets banged into stuff on a normal basis and just keeps ticking.

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got a cabelas catalog in the mail and saw a pro tac 1L 110 lumens with a strobe function 3.35 in length like 34 bucks on amazon. Might look more into this one!

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Just a humble observation from someone who has spent quite a while with the "tactical" side of things: While you shouldn't skimp on a weapon-mounted light because of the repeated shock and abuse it takes from recoil even when the light itself isn't used, if you plan to carry a handheld light, you don't need to worry about spending big bucks to get decent quality. I have everything from Surefire E2 executive and its pocket clip that regularly gets bent and broken because it snags on everything, to the M6 Guardian with its 500 lumen bulb to the Gladius with its strobe feature. ADD moment: Did you know the strobe can be largely negated by shining another flashlight on it? For those of you doing any training where the cadre has you entering a room with a strobe light in it, have one guy hit that strobe with his weapon light while the others clear the room. You're welcome. I have found that unless you plan to retake Iwo Jima or use your flashlight as a hammer regularly, there isn't much practical difference between the spendy pocket lights and the 25 dollar S&W LED lights or even, as I have recently stocked up on, the 8 dollar 3 x AAA LED lights at Lowe's.

strobing is best when the subject doesnt have a light, agreed. its such a valuable tool though, freaks their ass out.

dennishoddy

http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-Compact-Flashlight-Battery-LumenTac/dp/B00C31G24M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411532835&sr=8-1&keywords=fenix+ld12+flashlight

Fenix LD12 G2 125 Lumens Compact EDC LED Flashlight use 1x AA Battery with Free Holster, Lanyard & 1 LumenTac AA Battery

You get what you pay for. This light will strobe, has three levels of intensity and will put what ever mode you want on the first click of the switch.

I've dropped this on rocks, beat it to death in a dozen different ways, and it still works like new. Carried it daily for 5 years in a power plant from sub zero temps to 150 degrees F. There is no worst abuse.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Tom Koch said:
Just got a cabelas catalog in the mail and saw a pro tac 1L 110 lumens with a strobe function 3.35 in length like 34 bucks on amazon. Might look more into this one!
I have a couple of the Protac 2Ls. $44 with 280 lumens and built well. Highly suggest them for a small handheld light. Good value. Will check out the 1L.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
EDC:

Glock 31 in various IWB holsters
Saddleback Leather wallet
Keys
Streamlight Stylus Pro
Benchmade 15020
Man Card

dennishoddy

15454d8cb6e9c83ed8ac0c97859d5be4.jpg

I put this in my pocket before putting my wallet in the other pocket.

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
Well IFAK when hunting, but since I got a G19 that fits (barely) I may put it back on summer holster duty.

Latest posts