Every Day Carry

TroyF

TheBearcat
Burk Cornelius said:
I think we need to see that.

Here is one of them. It snaps around the triggerguard, on the other end is a carabiner, both connected by some 550 cord.
I just stuff the gun into a bag, and secure the carabiner to some attachment point somewhere on or in the bag. I draw the pistol, and prior to full extension, the cord runs out of "slack" and the "triggerguardian" pops off.

I saw an undercover narcotics officer using something similar for "Mexican Carry". I'm not a fan of that, but at least with this, there is an added margin of safety. I use the carabiner, because it's versatile. I can snap it onto something under my driver's seat, a drawer on the nighstand, etc...

Attachments

• image-2584380812.png
    image-2584380812.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • image-3225400419.png
    image-3225400419.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
My new EDC bag. It's a Maxpedition Kodiak (in foliage)

2012-01-30_10-52-36_323.jpg

What's in it:

Individual first aid kit
sanitary hand wipes
netbook and cables
Leatherman multi-tool (large)
Leatherman Micra multi-tool
large folding knife
small folding knife
some kind of "survival tool" I got somewhere for free. Kind of lame, but its always been there and its small
2012-01-30_11-21-14_139.jpg

Rite in the Rain 3x5
pencil
sharpening steel
2-flashlights
extra batteries for both
flash drive
S&W tactical pen (kind of like a small kubaton that writes)
S&W 642 in a Maxpedition velcro holster
1-speedstrip with ammo
1- 9mm Glock magazine
silicone gun cloth
paracord
water

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
My everyday carry stuff. I have thought about using the bag for an IFAK or various other things, but since I am back to carrying a G19 I keep it empty to use as a holster. I really like carrying in it, but strapped to my belt, if just seems too much like a fanny pack/man purse. I can't carry at work, so just the knife goes with me. Other times it is everything you see here, or just the LC9 at times.

I live and work in the same neighborhood, so I tend to get lazy on a real EDC bag. May have to change that.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I carry a emerson knife no matter what and usually a glock 23 in a old faithful holster. Sometimes I carry a keltec P3at in a pocket holster

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Wallet
Carmex
Keys
Knife- Benchmade 940, or 943, or 950, or Spiderco Tenacious (modified)
Flashlight- Streamlight Microstream, or Pelican 1920

When I'm not at work, the Kahr CW9 with 2 spare mags rides along.

Attachments

• 20140918_172233.jpg
    20140918_172233.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140918_172853.jpg
    20140918_172853.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 12

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Burk Cornelius said:
Let's revive this EDC thread. What do you carry EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. If you already posted in this thread, what do you carry different now?
You still carrying the Benchmade Griptillian or have you gone back to the Spyderco since I last saw you?

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
My EDC is a Glock 19, sometimes with a spare mag, but usually not, keys, electronic leash, Cold Steel Spartan, multiple personalities, each with excessive inner turmoil and emotional baggage, and the attitude that I am the weapon; the firearm, knife, soda bottle, "SWAT" or "Front Sight" magazine, or keys in my hand are just the instrument of an opponent's demise. The sad truth is, though, that while off work, I am better armed than at work on a military installation. I'm a friggin' firearms instructor for the military police school, I have taught active shooter response training, I have an award for valor in Iraq, yet the powers-that-be don't think I, or people like me, can be trusted to be armed on post. My very first shooting competition was the Cochise County Law Enforcement Officer Shootout, an IDPA-style match with competitors from local, state, and federal LE agencies in southern Arizona. I was the lone MP that showed up, and I took first place. I know this is a thread on equipment, and I won't be butt hurt if mods delete or move this, but once I started, the rant came out. If I didn't have to worry about random vehicle searches going on post, I'd carry my Bushmaster M4-gery with spare mags, aid bag, and body armor every day, because I am convinced it is just a matter of time before the US experiences one, or maybe multiple simultaneous, Mumbai-style terrorist attacks.

desert_gypsy

Well-Known Fanatic
HK USPc .40 with combat comp. trigger and Trijicon night sights in either a Blackhawk Serpa (OWB) or Crossbreed (IWB) (12rds Winchester Ranger SXT 180gn)
Blackhawk CQD Mark 1 Type E partial serrated pocketknife
Phone
Watch
Wallet
Copenhagen pouches (because I'm a giant *****)

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always wanted to try the HK45C. I know it's different than the USP, but then again, I wouldn't know the difference. The only HK weapons I've ever fired are a Spanish soldier's G36 and a couple MP5s. No pistols.

desert_gypsy

Well-Known Fanatic
David Marlow said:
I've always wanted to try the HK45C. I know it's different than the USP, but then again, I wouldn't know the difference. The only HK weapons I've ever fired are a Spanish soldier's G36 and a couple MP5s. No pistols.
The HK45's (standard and compact) and the p2000 series pistols are much more ergonomic than the old USPs. Haven't held their new striker fired 9mm but it looks a lot like the P2000 series. I like my USP, and it's seriously reliable, but it's old school in comparison to the newer striker-fired pistols of late. Try to find a Mark23 at a gun show to handle. That is a VERY large auto. You could hammer nails with that thing, or possibly railroad spikes.

Glockman85

Well-Known Fanatic
Glock 19 appendix carry
Kershaw knife with speed assist open
Keys
Wallet

Need to add a nice flashlight among other things

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts