CZ funtime

scalpelarms

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a CZ on the way and should have it today, took me a while to read all of this but it sounds like with a spring replacement and some shooting these things are ready to go. Am I right?

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
scalpelarms said:
I have a CZ on the way and should have it today, took me a while to read all of this but it sounds like with a spring replacement and some shooting these things are ready to go. Am I right?
Yep. I bought new springs but haven't had to install them. It's been flawless running bulk Federal 7.5 shot. Check your bolt for burrs when you do your initial cleaning. I had some on mine that were dragging on the firing pin and spring. Knocked down the burrs with a file and problem solved. I have an extended tube, oversized safety button and fiber optic front sight on mine. One of these days I'll get the loading port opened up.

scalpelarms

Well-Known Fanatic
Right on, looking forward to putting my hands on it and of course putting some color on it. Just dont know what yet. hmmmmm

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
TacticalK9 said:
Well Ive got barrel Envy. Id like to make use of the real estate im taking up already lol
Kirk Smith told me a 26" barrel was around $75 or something stupid cheap like that, I can't remember exactly.

scalpelarms

Well-Known Fanatic
TacticalK9 said:
Well Ive got barrel Envy. Id like to make use of the real estate im taking up already lol

Im not sure, I cant find anywhere that says. I have a gauge but its with my tap and die set half way across the state. All I know is that they are the same as the benelli nova. I modded mine to use remington 870 tubes
ok cool, I will see if I can find out tomorrow. I will take it up to a machine shop and see if they can tell me. I will let you guys know if interested.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
TacticalK9 said:
TacticalK9, on 12 Apr 2013 - 7:44 PM, said:
I found out that when I shoot low recoil anything my CZ becomes a bolt action.

also I didn't blow my tip off even with the poly choke on its most open setting
Glad to hear your tip is safe...

Mine was the same way the first time I took it out, it got significantly better the more rounds it had through it.

scalpelarms

Well-Known Fanatic
Went out and shot slugs through it, high velocity remington rounds and got FTF on every one. They are hanging up around the breach, I assume that rounding it out would fix it but wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue and resolved it differently. It does the same when you throw a round in to load from empty.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
New question. I'm about to work on stippling my forearm and stock but was curious if there were any issues with the molded in diamond pattern on there. Do they just get melted down as your stippling or did you sand them down first? Thanks guys.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob Kroupa said:
New question. I'm about to work on stippling my forearm and stock but was curious if there were any issues with the molded in diamond pattern on there. Do they just get melted down as your stippling or did you sand them down first? Thanks guys.
Take a basic A2 rifle grip. Cut it in half lengthwise with a hacksaw. Then you can carefully shave slivers off of it. You can then use those slivers to fill in the deep factory pattern on the stock and forearm. That's what I did. It takes forever but the results are worth it.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Dustin Cantrell said:
Dustin Cantrell, on 14 Apr 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:
Take a basic A2 rifle grip. Cut it in half lengthwise with a hacksaw. Then you can carefully shave slivers off of it. You can then use those slivers to fill in the deep factory pattern on the stock and forearm. That's what I did. It takes forever but the results are worth it.
I'll give that a shot in the morning when I get off shift but honestly it sounds like more trouble than it's worth, might just slap some grip tape on there and call it good.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob Kroupa said:
I'll give that a shot in the morning when I get off shift but honestly it sounds like more trouble than it's worth, might just slap some grip tape on there and call it good.
I think it took me about six or seven hours from starting stock to finishing stippled. If the grip tape satisfies you then it'd certainly save some time.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Just stipple the high spots or get it to Matt and let him go to town, he did one for me and it turned out great! but on mine just the high spots are stippled thanks to Mr. Cyrus. Later,

Kirk

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, so I tried just doing the high spots and I was happily surprised how it came out.

pre_1366034072__photo_7.jpg

Latest posts