CZ funtime

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome. I've got a a NC +4 waiting on a gun to put it on and was wondering how far it was going to stick out

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
A stock 712 and low recoil slugs is sorta like a single shot with a mag tube UNLESS you get one of those unicorns with the light springs. I see where CZ updated the piston (about time) and the guys I've heard that have this are having good luck with normal shotshells haven't heard about the low recoil slugs though. Best thing to do is find some and give them a try. Later,

Kirk

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Here' a quick picture. Still got dome sharp corners to deal with and the big headed safety is pretty stiff but so far I'm about as happy as I can be without having shot it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20130307_195458.JPG
    IMG_20130307_195458.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 52

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
So do these tend to have a break in period? Just ran 50 shells through, mostly cheap bulk pack stuff and had lots of malfunctions. The federal bulk pack ran the best but still had one or two issues.

Should I run some more through it, cut the spring some, or just buy beer for Kirk?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Kirk had trouble with Winchester bulk pack in his, but Federal ran great.
Buying Modelo's for Kirk will help out though if Federals give you fits in yours.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I took mine out to the range the other day and it ran through a box of the winchester universal bulk pack with no issues, so that's cool.<br /><br />I've also been working on opening up the loading port and I think I've got it about where I want it but if anyone has a picture of a 712 with an opened up loading port so that I can compare it, that'd be cool too.<br /><br />And finally, I emailed CZ to inquire about buying an extra lifter to send off to get welded up. CZ emailed back saying they would be happy to send me one for no charge and asked if I would like them to throw in some o-rings also. So CZ's cusomer service rocks, and that's really cool.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob, you might have to swing by the house one evening and bring that shooter of yours we might take a look at things. This week is a bust but next week I'm hoping to have some free evenings. Later,

Kirk

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob Kroupa said:
Well I took mine out to the range the other day and it ran through a box of the winchester universal bulk pack with no issues, so that's cool.<br /><br />I've also been working on opening up the loading port and I think I've got it about where I want it but if anyone has a picture of a 712 with an opened up loading port so that I can compare it, that'd be cool too.<br /><br />And finally, I emailed CZ to inquire about buying an extra lifter to send off to get welded up. CZ emailed back saying they would be happy to send me one for no charge and asked if I would like them to throw in some o-rings also. So CZ's cusomer service rocks, and that's really cool.
I googled and found some pics. They ended up being pics of Kirk's shotgun that Mike Cyrwus did work on. The work looked great! Might have to have MIke do mine in the future.

Kudos to CZ. I contacted them about my 712 right after I bought it. The bolt had a burr on it and I removed it. The firing pin and firing pin spring showed some wear from it and I contacted CZ. I had a new firing pin and spring in my mailbox a few days later.

Latest posts