CZ funtime

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well some of you know that I have a soft spot for the little CZ712 shotgun guess it's the blacksheep or just like to step out of the box and be different, been playing with some different springs and finally had a few sets wound up from a local maker and am rather happy with the results as it seems the biggest problem with these shotguns is the fact you have to run rather heavy loads for reliability which really sucked as your shoulder was not happy after a 3-gun match!

I got with Tony and had him order a new 712 a couple weeks ago so I could really play with my springs and just see what all would have to be done to make one of these ready for 3-gun and found out not much at all has to be done to be able to shoot and have a good day without cussing the damn thing would hang up on ya. Here's a little video that a fairly well know 3-gunner helped me with, if your a Mossberg fan stop it before the end hehe

I opened up the loading port a touch and by no means a professional job as our Mike Cyrus can do it seems to work, didn't weld the lifter and so far I've not caught my thumb (knock on wood) but I think Sandy got caught a couple times (sorry)

007-5.jpg

I wasn't about to try my hand at stippling! I knew Mike was busy as all get out so had a chat with Matt1911 and ask him if he would like to play with the stock, he seemed pretty stoked about doing it so I dropped it off with him and told him to have fun! the pics are not the best but dude he did a kickass job! I couldn't be happier with his work. It'll be out at the 3-gun if you'd like to fondle it and see what you think.

Other than changing the recoil springs to the lighter ones I had made it would run almost any round I found except the 1145fps 1oz loads then it was hit or miss, drilled out the gas ports and no problems running the light stuff! the 980fps loads they just aint gonna work but it would be great for the kiddo's and gals. So if you want to get into 3-gun but have an issue with the cash in your pocket (like me) with doing the work yourself you can have a competive shotgun for right around the $600 mark.

I have let several folks shoot this and everyone is rather impressed with them! I have my first one that has well over 1200 rounds thru it with no issues (probably just cursed myself :-O) but if your interested feel free to shout if you wanna play, I'll be shooting this weekend so come on out, shoot some 3-gun and enjoy. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Kirk, glad to see somebody trying to find something affordable for the masses. I'm following this closely. $2500 tricked out Bennelli's aren't made for most budgets.
Folks that want to get out to shoot 3 gun, and have no desire to achive the national level that some of our shooters have, but just get out and shoot local 3 gun for the pure pleasure of shooting and competing will appreciate this as well.
I congratulate you.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Dennis, thanks! I really appreciate the kind words. I had quite a bit of help and encouragement from this well known shooter that I can't mention his name, something about a contract with another company hehe

I just hope it runs well for the people that shoot it this weekend! one day I may be able to afford a Benelli but until that day I'm having an awesome time with this little shotgun! and after all most of us are in this to have a good time though one day maybe I'll have to worry about one of these :rtfm: but until then I'm gonna have a good time. Again Dennis thanks! Later,

Kirk

Kirk, I've been following the spring thread over at the Enos forums. Did you ever get someone who is going to stock these? Also, Bud's has the 712 in stock but they say they no longer come with choke tubes. It doesn't show this on the CZ-USA site. Do you know if this is the case now?

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
On the springs I know someone to stock them but some reason the CZ is not taking off! I've not gotten the replies back from the folks to make me want to spend the money on making more springs but I've got a couple sets left if ya need some. The stock tubes work but I'm a fan of the Carlson extended tubes, they won't hurt the pocket too bad and I've had no issues with them. I've not been over on Bud's but I heard they were selling but with only one choke tube which I really don't understand the reasoning behind that as the last one I bought had all the choke tubes.

You might check with a local FFL and see if they can find you one, I know the one I got I had Tony over at www.makereadyproshop.com order mine and it was not much more than what Bud's is asking for thiers plus he is starting to get a few goodies for the CZ plus I know he's a good dude! I don't know why the guys over there kinda dropped talking about the shotguns they are pretty sweet econiomical little shotguns I'd like to see more folks shoot them.

I've been trying to get an e-mail answered to one of the guys in the shotgun department but I' may just give him a shout if I can find some free time during the day I'll see what I can't find out. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I hear he's this dude that makes some awesome dimples in plastic and is scared to shoot a little CZ shotgun LOL don't know what happened to him Saturday. Later,

Kirk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Yeah sorry bout that bud. I was hoping we would be done sooner. I had to take my daughter to a pool party so I had to cut out early. I still want to shoot your CZ and I wanna try out Sandys weatherby too. Need to just head to the range after work sometime soon.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah I'd have chose to check out hot moms in swimsuits over hang out with ugly dudes like Feegee and Corey LOL

We will get together on the shooting here soon, I just ordered my slugs and buck for the high plains shoot so they will need some checking to see how things work. Later,

Kirk

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
Kirk,

I have a CZ 712 sitting in my gun safe. If you have a set of springs available I would like to buy them.

Sent you a pm with my phone number.

Joe

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

Latest posts